1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump , Who Once Said ‘the Mob Takes the Fifth', Takes the Fifth

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by adoo, Aug 11, 2022.

1. adoo

adoo Member

“Under the advice of my counsel and for all of the above reasons, I declined to answer the questions
    under the rights and privileges afforded to every citizen under the United States Constitution,”
    Trump said in a statement

Orange Hair
    invoked his Fifth Amendment rights on Wednesday, declining to answer questions from the New York State attorney general’s office as part of a civil investigation into
    whether he and his company had misled lenders and tax authorities about the value of his assets.

No Worries and FranchiseBlade like this.
  2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

dude keeps learning about the American system. Maybe someday he will be qualified to be President

Sajan, King1 and Xerobull like this.
  3. adoo

adoo Member

yip, Trump has evolved to become more woke

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

@adoo

everything he does doesn't need a thread. Didn't you start the thread in the trial he said this in or the investigation

5. adoo

adoo Member

PGab,

are you too ignorant to use the ignore button?​

jiggyfly likes this.
  6. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

@jiggyfly

7. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Another mis-application of the term 'woke'. It's exhausting. In fact, I'm not even sure how you are applying it here.

Originally, it was coined by black people as advice to be careful when traveling to areas with lots of white people whom might try to hurt you. Don't be fooled by their smiles, they probably aren't your friends. Stay woke.

Now folks seem to appropriate the term to mean that you have some social cause.

How does Trump pleading the 5th equate to being "woke" in any context?

Anyway, Trump is truly amazing in that any accusation that comes from his mouth, he himself is guilty of exactly that. He lives and breathes the mantra "he who smelt it, dealt it)

8. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Can't we just merge all the Trump **** into one thread?between Deb and adoo it's absurd. You two are worse than his most adamant supporters. Get a life

9. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No. They haven't tried assaulted law enforcement, threatened to kill the VP, supported throwing out valid votes to overturn an election, etc.

DatRocketFan likes this.
  10. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

bullying. reported.

King1 likes this.
  11. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Shut it down, not thread worthy. Not stimulating.

LOW QUALITY

12. King1

I'm not a Trump supporter so hopefully he gets what he deserves but you guys obsession with him is as crazy as his followers.

13. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

It just depends on which followers.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Death to TRUMP

Threads.

DD

15. King1

I don't get the obsession for people who hate him. The idiots who stormed the Capitol are just that, but someone like Deb who posts about him all day is as mentally ill as those clowns. Just completely have their lives defined by a clown

16. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I don't know people's motivation or how obsessed they are or aren't. It doesn't matter to me. But the stakes are high for those interested in governance, democracy, etc.

Plenty of people aren't.

I think it's kind of like someone that isn't into video games hears people talk about the latest Dark Souls or Elden Ring mods might think they are obsessed. Other folks who are really into it are shocked that the things they talk about aren't common knowledge already.

But either way it's okay for both groups. People that love to talk about those things are free to do so, not everyone has to listen or read.

Honestly, what is pointless and mean-spirited is to insult people based on their interests. Unless, the interests are damaging to other people, there is no need to try and insult others because they are more into a topic than someone else. People are free to use ignore.

I say that knowing that some people are way more virulent and intense in their dislike of Trump than I am. I don't read all of those posts or just skim them. But I do follow the news on him. I also follow the news with Ukraine. Some people are way more devoted to those events than I am. So I'll check and see and try to skim those posts.

But I don't think it's a negative lifestyle choice for people to have different levels of interest.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  17. King1

You think talking about someone who you hate politically on a basketball message board is healthy or normal?

18. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

As healthy or normal as talking about basketball players and coaches that you hate or ruined the team.

It may be a healthy outlet where people can find others that share their interests and discuss different view points.

I honestly don't know about it how much is healthy or unhealthy. That's not in my wheelhouse.

Do you work in a profession or have educational emphasis that allows you to judge what is healthy and unhealthy in terms of discussion?

jiggyfly and mdrowe00 like this.
  19. King1

I don't hate anyone currently. I dislike them as the pertain to the teams I support success but I am also actively participating in multiple threads. I don't spend all day focusing on a clown like Trump. He's irrelevant to me. No correlation

I guess. I would partially agree sometimes I guess but hers isn't healthy

My sister does directly. I'm a Marketing Director so I have to make a lot of judgements in a short period of time in terms of monetary value. I'm a good judge of people

20. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

He only makes every thread about Black people... He defends Trump...

T_Man

Rocket River and TheRealist137 like this.