1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Breaking: FBI raiding Mar-a-Lago

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by larsv8, Aug 8, 2022.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

as it turns out, trumps attorney said she observed the search and the trump family watched on camera. He continues to say no one watched it but that contradicts his attorney

FranchiseBlade, ROCKSS, adoo and 2 others like this.
  2. Xopher

Xopher Member

I have heard of those Republicans. I think they are called RINOs by the TRUE PATRIOTS! or something

FranchiseBlade, ROCKSS and Ubiquitin like this.
  3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

totally true

FranchiseBlade, mtbrays and Ubiquitin like this.
  4. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

never

it’s a big beautiful cult

5. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Politics change, policies change, and the people who are elected change. I try to weigh all factors before voting. You are right though, I will not vote for any party for life simply out of some loyalty to a party.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  6. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

The problem with that mentality is that many of those in Trump's inner circle are crooked themselves. Those who defended the insurrection and continue to spread lies are just as corrupt and power hungry.

ROCKSS and Ubiquitin like this.
  7. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Totally agree. Which would poise the question as to why the hell Trump would have defied a Subpoena, and lied to the FBI about what he did or didn't send back, and forced them to do this. THAT part of this story is undeniable at this point regardless of what Trump had and what he did with this information.

However... ITS TRUMP. He fights anything and everything because he likes this martyrdom. He loves to fundraise off and create this notion that it's the other side that's tyrannical against poor little me. So maybe... maybe... he fought this, and broke the law (it's obvious... he AT LEAST did what they were accusing Hillary of for years) only because he wanted a narrative he could fund raise off of.

So we should be cautious about what the FBI actually will find that he was holding or worse off what he was doing with it (nightmare scenario being that he's selling our nuke secrets to the Russians, Chinese, etc.) I do think though that NOBODY should be ridiculed by the right for being concerned about something like Trump POTENTIALLY selling our nuclear secrets to Vladimir Putin given his history with Putin and how Putin is literally threatening nuclear war like.... right now, or a few weeks ago at least. I think EVERYONE in the free world that loves staying alive has a right to be concerned in this case... but yes we should all stress that we don't know alot.

What we do know is that regardless we at the very least know that Trump is an a$$hole and his followers are becoming more and more dangerous in their cult following of this jerkoff. We at least have some very basic facts we can agree on there.

9. Newlin

Newlin Member

Is there some reason why Trump wouldn’t have destroyed any documents the DOJ is trying to locate?

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  10. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Especially if he’d already been given a subpoena, and he believes the FBI is out to destroy him — I agree it would be strange for him to be holding on to it. I just think it’s very unlikely that they’ll find anything very significant. We know he was in the habit of destroying documents, even trivial ones, while President.

deb4rockets and FranchiseBlade like this.
  11. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

If trump didn’t have any classified documents, he wouldn’t have said the fbi is planting evidence. I’d be surprised if there isn’t some classified stuff there. The question is how serious it is.

you know who knows what’s in there? Trump. Not easy to follow his actions and reactions and try to extrapolate from them, but that’s the best way to go.

12. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

The only thing that Trump needs to do is consistently put out of message to cast doubt on all this. As dumb as he may seem at times, he sure can be really good at manipulating the narrative by himself and through his propaganda machines (Fox News, Washington Examiner, NYPost, etc).

I really haven't formed an opinion yet until we know what the hell they were looking for and what they will actually find. It's hard to jump the gun as much as I want this man vanished from our politics.

mtbrays and FranchiseBlade like this.
  13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I know the speculation is what Trump fans here will look to latch onto and be like "SEE!!!... you were wrong" when it's just speculation, but the obvious answer is he's Donald Trump and he's trying to make a buck. Those documents could have value, and he legit thought he could hide them to sell eventually. He might have been willing to risk them being seized back because they had that much value to him to sell, and he couldn't stomach burning them.

The other reason would be he literally is that unorganized, and lazy to where even when the FBI is giving him a warrant with it laid out exactly what they need from him, he just kept forgetting, didn't know where he put it, or just wanted this to happen over nothing so he could act like a martyr, and fund raise off of it.

14. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Bad example. That was utter bullshit what happened to Al Franklin.

FrontRunner, mikol13 and DaDakota like this.
  15. adoo

adoo Member

Crybaby Trump has had a copy of the search warrant since Monday, all he has to do is to release his copy.

why wait for the court at all!

FrontRunner and FranchiseBlade like this.
  16. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Trump Demands 'Immediate Release' Of FBI Raid Documents

"Not only will I not oppose the release of documents related to the unAmerican, unwarranted, and unnecessary raid and break-in of my home in Palm Beach, Florida, Mar-a-Lago, I am going a step further by ENCOURAGING the immediate release of those documents, even though they have been drawn up by radical left Democrats and possible future political opponents, who have a strong and powerful vested interest in attacking me, much as they have done for the last 6 years…" Trump said in a Thursday night post on Truth Social.

"This unprecedented political weaponization of law enforcement is inappropriate and highly unethical. The world is watching as our Country is being brought to a new low, not only on our border, crime, economy, energy, national security, and so much more, but also with respect to our sacred elections!" he said in a subsequent post.

The FBI was looking for 'classified documents relating to nuclear weapons,' among other things, during its Monday raid at former President Trump's Mar-a-Lago residence, WaPo reports, citing 'people familiar with the investigation.'

So - we're to believe that the FBI took several boxes from Trump in June, told him to put a bigger lock, and then two months later realized 'oh -- he might have nuclear secrets' - justifying the raid.

The leakers did not offer additional details.

Material about nuclear weapons is especially sensitive and usually restricted to a small number of government officials, experts said. Publicizing details about U.S. weapons could provide an intelligence road map to adversaries seeking to build ways of countering those systems. And other countries might view exposing their nuclear secrets as a threat, experts said.

One former Justice Department official, who in the past oversaw investigations of leaks of classified information, said the type of top-secret information described by the people familiar with the probe would probably cause authorities to try to move as quickly as possible to recover sensitive documents that could cause grave harm to U.S. security. -Washington Post​

"If the FBI and the Department of Justice believed there were top secret materials still at Mar-a-Lago, that would lend itself to greater ‘hair-on-fire’ motivation to recover that material as quickly as possible," said David Laufman, the former chief of the Justice Department’s counterintelligence section.

So we assume the narrative will now be that Trump leaked, or could have leaked, nuclear secrets to Putin - which justified "authorities to try to move as quickly as possible to recover sensitive documents" in the name of national security.

Right...

Attorney General Merrick Garland revealed during a brief Thursday speech that he personally approved the search warrant at Mar-a-Lago, and that the DOJ has asked a federal court to unseal the document.

So they are going with Trump had stolen the nuclear codes. Good grief. What an obvious, blatant lie. These people are completely untrustworthy and both Merrick Garland and Christopher Wray clearly need to resign.

blue_eyed_devil likes this.
  17. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He wanted to sell them?

DD

19. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Like I've said before, Trump plans ahead when he's worried he will get caught or be proven a liar or fraud. He's always been that way. Plant that seed of doubt, deflect from truth, and play the victim. Everyone challenging him is the enemy. Everyone!

Blatz and Andre0087 like this.
  20. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How will Trump supporters respond if nuclear secrets are actually recovered from this raid?
    Again my hope is this is all a misdirect and the raid was for more benign albeit still serious allegations.