1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Breaking: FBI raiding Mar-a-Lago

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by larsv8, Aug 8, 2022.

1. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

2. Roscoe Arbuckle

fascinating. thanks for sharing.

3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

you're welcome. perhaps you could take some notes on how to develop that personality trait yourself. good luck

Andre0087 likes this.
  4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

How accurate could this be??

According to John Brennan (former NSA and CIA Director) these types of documents are so securely kept that there is no way for Trump to have "inadvertently" taken them with him. These are documents that are higher than top secret level, and aren't even kept digitally for security reasons. They are kept in hardened facilities. Trump would have had to specifically take them and would have known exactly what he was taking.

This also means that there is no way for the FBI or the DOJ to have had access to them in order to plant them, as Trump defenders are claiming.

5. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Be careful his is coming for your guns.

[​IMG]

Ubiquitin likes this.
  6. Roscoe Arbuckle

Pretty sure I have more friends than you.

7. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Wow @Os Trigonum is older than I thought

Andre0087 likes this.
  8. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

And who are the IRS going after with the added manpower?

9. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

FBI will just redact/withhold anything that implicates them

[​IMG]

#1169 Commodore, Aug 12, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2022
    blue_eyed_devil and ROXRAN like this.
  10. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Boy there is some seriously embarrassing levels of cope coming out of our conservative posters right now.

Andre0087 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  11. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Like I said, they're not precluded from being astoundingly wrong or succumbing to paranoid/delusional/conspiratorial thinking. But I do think they 1) believe what they say and 2) are generally more concerned with the welfare of their country and countrymen over that of their party/ideology.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  12. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I would just rather let it play out rather than be extreme and say "execute trump" or "biden is eliminating the competition". Everything about this story has been speculation. Of course, I am hoping no laws were broken either way.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  13. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Doing a quick search on this thread @Astrodome appears to have done remarkably well holding his powder and not jumping to any conclusions or reflexively diving off the deep end to defend Trump. @ROXRAN not so much though, lulz.

jiggyfly likes this.
  14. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You know what?
    I hope you arent seriously making fun of those nurses that went through hell working under stress, fatigue, fear, frustration, and dedication for months during the worst and deadliest pandemic in this country in their lifetime.

They deserve some thanks and appreciation for all they went through, and all their families went through. They deserve some thanks for all those people they cared for when their families weren't allowed to be there comforting them as they took their last breaths. I can't imagine how traumatic that was for the nurses, the patients, and the loved ones that died.

AleksandarN and subtomic like this.
  15. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

This! Breaking the law is breaking the law, and a crime is a crime. I don't care if the crime is committed by a Democrat, Republican, politician, private citizen, President or Private, professional athlete, or high school dropout. The penalty shouldn't change depending if they are rich, middle class, poor, black, brown, or white.

AleksandarN, dobro1229 and Xopher like this.
  16. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Woohoo!

17. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Are you being serious? I've said it before and I'll say it again. A crime is a crime and all criminals should pay for their crimes. I don't care who they are. That includes anyone and everyone! The last thing we need is corruption within our own government. I hope every single corrupt and law breaking politician gets caught and convicted. I guarantee you there are a lot of politicians who have broken laws.
    I want them all caught!

I also don't like how pardons are issued for favors to the wealthy corrupt loyalists to get their help or support when they are released. That's some sleazy and shady stuff.

AleksandarN and dobro1229 like this.
  18. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

It's brilliant how true Trump loyalists operate. First you want to know the reasoning why the raid happened, now that the DOJ has come out and asked a judge to allow for those documents to be unsealed you guys are already doubting it because Trump has planted that seed in you already.

As I stated earlier in the thread, it is absolutely disturbing the loyalty of Trump supporters and how you guys blindly worship and individual that truly does not give a **** about you all. I guess you have that syndrome of sticking it to the man.

#1178 ElPigto, Aug 12, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2022
  19. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am going to side with @Trader_Jorge for now because stealing nuclear secrets is not something one does accidentally and those who have done it have been tried and executed for treason. That’s a different echelon of a crime than tax fraud or withholding embarrassing or personal presidential records.

20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Dems are just built differently. Look at Al Franken. Liberals would rather make an example of him so they can show how much they care about an issue. If Biden did any of the crap that Trump did we’d gladly 25th amendment him and call for next in line. I know there is sentiment for Obama though because he’s just such a historically significant figure so that one would sting but the issues are more important than the person… and someone like Roscoe would probably mock liberals because they “eat their own”. I’d rather eat my own than be in a radicalized cult. Especially if my cult leader was a fat lying clown like the former fake reality tv show star who wears a pound of makeup.

FranchiseBlade and deb4rockets like this.