1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Breaking: FBI raiding Mar-a-Lago

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by larsv8, Aug 8, 2022.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah I don't know about this whataboutObamism here... you're talking about a president getting documents to a Presidential Library vs another President hiding documents at his estate. The docs were subpoenaed in June. When the FBI gets a warrant, it's only because there is probably cause of a crime. A grand jury has to decide that - meaning a judge signed off on a warrant.

This isn't political, it's part of a criminal investigation.

ROCKSS and DaDakota like this.
  2. Roscoe Arbuckle

Your trust in believing the Gov't is honest is gullibility at its finest... Recall just two years ago anyone making under 400k wouldn't lose a penny. That was a lie and anyone who knows math knew it.

You?

blue_eyed_devil and cml750 like this.
  3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Trump could have complained, but he didn't have to do it privately if he wanted things kept out of the public.

Trump did it. He had the option to release any documents about the operation and chose not to. Now they're going to be released anyway, unless Trump has something to hide and tries to block their release.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  4. CCorn

CCorn Member

I paid more in taxes but I also made 30% more year over year so I’m happy. No idea %wise.

Luckily I’ve been able to give myself annual raises. You’ll get there too champ.

jiggyfly, ROCKSS, AleksandarN and 3 others like this.
  5. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You know things are off the rails when you learn that the former president, a private citizen, might have been keeping some of the most sensitive national security nuclear secrets at his unsecure country club and the usual suspects are flooding this thread to talk about the IRS.

#1125 mtbrays, Aug 11, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2022
    ROCKSS, AleksandarN, mdrowe00 and 6 others like this.
  6. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't have any theories and I don't know what or who tipped them off to search and seize. I have no idea what they were looking for or what they found. Neither do you. All I know is that if anyone is dumb enough or crooked enough to take something illegal from the White House it would be Trump.

He's not above the law is my point. He was asked and warned, and given plenty of time to return anything. So....if they found nothing, then fine. If they did, then a lot of scrambling and deflection will be coming out of the mouths of his "Trump won the Election" blinded by greed propaganda spreading buddies.

ROCKSS, mdrowe00 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  7. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Now that you are rolling in dough, can you afford to contribute to Clutchfans?

8. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

[Educational Post]
    Hold up there rookie, you are the one running around saying they were looking for nuclear secrets! I'm the one saying that we need corroboration of anonymous sourced WaPo articles from known liars. If you have no idea what they were looking for, then you should be taking my stance on the topic!

GOOD DAY

cml750 likes this.
  9. lpbman

lpbman Member

Who did you talk to that knows math?

10. CCorn

CCorn Member

Where’s your active banner big guy?

AleksandarN and FranchiseBlade like this.
  11. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Lots of the already did. I remember nurses in the ER talking about people dying on ventilators during the pandemic still saying Covid was a hoax. Sad.

AleksandarN and FranchiseBlade like this.
  12. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

WOW. I believe we have found the source here. I love the internet. Years ago, the intel agencies would have gotten away with a preposterous tale like this nuclear code fantasy. Now their theories don't survive more than a couple hours of internet sleuthing. This is good for democracy, quite honestly. Restore power to the people and not the entrenched government agencies in DC.

13. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

BS! I never said that rookie! I have no idea what they were looking for. You have me mistaken with someone else. I never even heard that until I read it on this forum from someone else. All I said was that if he had any Secret or Top Secret documents he's in serious trouble.

14. Roscoe Arbuckle

See that thing underneath that says "Member?" If you contributed it would say otherwise. But you've been on here long enough to know that...

15. Roscoe Arbuckle

My college degree.

16. Roscoe Arbuckle

Interesting. I actually know people who work in hospitals and never heard of this happening...

17. CCorn

CCorn Member

Under the subscription there’s now a banner on the right. He let his expire. You’ve been on here long enough to know that….

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  18. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I saw them on tv in tears of frustration being interviewed during the pandemic. They were pleading for people to take it seriously.

ROCKSS, AleksandarN and Nook like this.
  19. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

Wow, the Trumpers must be quite worried about this situation. They’re all here and posting furiously.

ROCKSS, FranchiseBlade and Andre0087 like this.
  20. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

The sad part is they shouldn't be worried. If he's innocent, them fine, but if he's a lying crook they should be glad he was caught. It's about National Security if it involves classified documents. You know why I didn't vote for Hilary? I didn't trust her any more than Trump. That was a mistake though, because I learned what a raging sociopath he was too late. He is far more evil and self-obsessed with power than Hilary. I didn't make that mistake twice Thank God.