1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Rangers @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Aug 9, 2022.

1. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Bregman with another solid AB

The Beard likes this.
  2. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Why, because I don't see a reason for the whining about Dusty?

3. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

There is no blindly defending. LOOK AT THE ****ING RECORD OF THE TEAM.

4. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

Absolutely perfect analogy. Perfect.

BonziWellsGOAT likes this.
  5. King1

King1 Contributing Member

He's a racist. It doesn't matter. Ignore the idiot. I'll never give him attention again

Tomstro likes this.
  6. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Bullshit. 2020 and 2021 were not Juggernaut teams. The starting pitching was an issues for both teams. 2020 had its own challenges because of the cheating scandal.

7. BonziWellsGOAT

So you're telling me that a juggernaut team that as of yet has not stopped winning, ceased to be a juggernaut when Dusty got here? Do you read what you type?

Also the starting pitching was absolutely a strength last year and was only a question mark in 2020 because it had alot of young guys

8. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

AJ had ALL-Time great teams. Those teams were COMPLETE. AJ was an average manager at best. You can see it in what he did in Arizona and now Detroit. AJ had 3 all-time regular season teams. AJ had maybe the most talent team ever and he couldn't win ONE home game in the WS and blew game 7 with his managerial decisions at the end.

9. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

2020 and 2021 were not juggernaut teams because of the loss of Springer (2021) and Gerrit Cole. Verlander missed both season. LMJ missed most of the 2021 playoffs. HUGE losses. Young pitching staff.

10. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Walk away. He showed his colors. Not worth your time

11. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

@Mr.Scarface

Baker will never thank you for your hours defending him on an internet fourm.

Stephen66 and javal_lon like this.
  12. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Yeah, I will tell my wife I'm racist (she is white).

13. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

I'm defending Baker. I am laughing at the blind hate of some of these guys.

14. BonziWellsGOAT

You can't play that game lol Dusty has had largely the same team in 20 and 21 and didn't win one. Not to mention never winning one period despite having plenty of talented teams. I don't even hate Dusty but him and AJ aren't close as far as lineups and in game stuff are concerned. AJ clears

15. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

AJ did everything the way he was supposed to mathematically, and he did a good job in the clubhouse. Dusty does 1 of the 2. AJ was a better manager than Dusty. AJ is a great manager.
    BTW- no manager makes chicken salad out of chicken ****. None. At least not for long. Those that do outperform their talent level usually do so on the back of lucky/flukey records in 1 run games or some other ****- that doesn't show up year after year. Some managers (I'm thinking of a guy like Terry Collins) do manage to get less out of their teams than they should by actively destroying the clubhouse and antagonizing their players and not getting the best out of them. This is a way to seriously underperfom. Other managers underperform a little bit by doing things like hitting Goodrum second or third in the order once or twice a week, or by sitting a guy like Chas against LHP time and again and playing him against RHP. That's not really important and maybe adds up to 1-3 wins a year. But it's easy ****. It's gimme stuff. And when it's not done it's frustrating even if it's not super important.
    I will say, again, for you, as I've said multiple times I thought Dusty managed completely by the book in the playoffs and didn't have any problem with him at all and didn't blame him for the results. Baseball happens. Sometimes a guy that has a 138 average and no XBH on a pitch down and away puts it in the stands and you lose game 7 of the WS, even though you clearly have the better team. Sometimes, your guys stop hitting in the WS and you lose to an inferior Braves team. Sometimes, you don't go to the WS with your 2 best pitchers in JV and LMJ and that hurts. But maybe it doesn't b/c your offense no showed. Who knows. It's a coin flip between 2 good teams when it gets to the playoffs. Anything can happen.

Squirtle likes this.
  16. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

Good luck, lol.

King1 likes this.
  17. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

where is the game showing?

18. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

You don't think not having Cole, Verlander...and LMJ (playoffs) is a big deal? LOL.

19. ASTR0nomical

ASTR0nomical Member

Tfor3 and King1 like this.
  20. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

AJ won more games than Dusty, and helped build the team Dusty is coaching now. Hinch also won a WS title and you call him “average”. Using your logic, this must be because of AJ’s skin color. I actually had no idea that your whole argument was tailored around race, as if Dusty were a black coach in the 70’s. This just makes your argument that much more juvenile, like you’re a kid. Also, you wanted to blame Espada for a loss. His very first loss. Yet you have never admitted that any of Dusty’s losses, over 3 years, were actually his fault. Yet you blame a coach for his very first loss, a game in which Dusty was still setting the lineup and pulling the strings. Even if you were being tongue and cheek, which of course you will say you were, you look incredibly biased. I stand by what I said, you are not an Astro fan. I am now completely done with you. Respond all you want. I am only here to talk with fans who have no stupid agendas and just want to cheer on the Astros. Disliking Dusty based on his own performance is not an agenda. Pulling the race card over and over about it and piling on the fill in manager in his first loss is definitely an agenda.

Tuckmose, BonziWellsGOAT and King1 like this.