1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The 2023 Nets Pick Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by engr chris, Apr 24, 2022.

1. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Gotta also include Phoenix - something like Ayton, Bridges and picks.

2. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Nets can tank for us while we shoot for the play in!!!

[​IMG]

D-rock, Patience, Boii and 1 other person like this.
  3. Chamillionaire

First the draft.
    Now the Nets implode.
    Astros winning.
    Everything is right.

D-rock, Boii, clos4life and 3 others like this.
  4. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Assuming KD and Kyrie are gone, what are the chances the Nets are worse than the Rockets this year and that swap actually gets exercised? Amazing to think about.

5. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Yup. That Royce O’Neal trade could end up being very valuable for the Jazzz

6. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Pretty much

Ayton
    Bridges
    3- 1sts

for

Durant
    Joe Harris

7. shinjirod

shinjirod Member

Nets can’t trade for MPJ or Bam Adebayo, or any other player with a Designated Rookie Extension while they have Ben Simmons in the roster. The rule allows you to have two such players in the roster as long as no more than one of them was acquired through a trade.

Any deal framework for such player for the Nets must begin with trading away Ben Simmons, which complicates the returns they can get, which would ideally be a great young player plus draft assets.

If that were the route they’d take, the Nets would have to unload all three of Kyrie, KD and Simmons.

Now gather in groups of three, and discuss if such a scenario works better or worse for the Rockets.

#667 shinjirod, Jul 1, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2022
  8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

That would be a big gain for the Nets, I admit.

9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Kyrie is the new tank commander for the Rockets even though he's a Brooklyn Net!

D-rock and Verbal Christ like this.
  10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

If/when Durant is traded, there's a very high chance Kyrie - on an expiring, for a team/owner that hates him - is scrapped for parts & draft picks. (=Russ!).

Could also exile him to Sacto or Utah or something at mid season out of spite. His leverage is limited since he's going to have to play this year anyway to get another new deal.

11. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

If I were KD I would focus on Miami and PHX because their training staff seem to be able to work miracles on guys, these teams must have the best physicians in the NBA and have proven time and time again that older players can somehow be rejuvenated there, and often when they leave they end up injured. Players dont really take this into account ever, but someone like KD probably should. I also wonder if the weather in these cities has anything to do with player health as well. Wish there was actual data on NBA player health by city.

12. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

13. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I'm a little surprised the Rockets 2024 pick to the Thunder is so valued. If the Rockets make the playoffs, it isn't that great a pick. If the Rockets miss the playoffs, the Rockets still have a chance to win lottery and the Thunder losing the pick.

Of the picks going to the Rockets, I'd have the following order
    2026 Brooklyn
    2024 Brooklyn
    2025 Brooklyn swap after OKC swap
    2027 Brooklyn swap
    2023 Brooklyn swap
    2023 Milwaukie

BallSoHarden, D-rock and luckyman76 like this.
  14. i3artow i3aller

15. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

And #2 was the 2027 Brooklyn swap. 2024-2027 was literally 4 of the top 10 picks on that list. The pick swap we owe OKC is null and void with the 2025 Brooklyn swap and I believe the 2024 and 2026 picks we owe them will be around 20 so not a problem. If you consider the Milwaukee pick and the other pick we already used from the Westbrook for Wall trade it is about even. Watching a not so carefully orchestrated demolition of Brooklyn over the years is going to be a thing of beauty.

There is a realistic world that come next summer we draft Wemby or Scoot, sign two of Harden, Middleton or Wiggins, NTMLE, and BAE and then still have ALL of these picks waiting for us along with the ability to use Bird rights to resign KPJ and all of our future FAs.

Hakeemtheking, Corrosion and D-rock like this.
  16. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

Is it too mean that you can't feel others' pain…

D-rock, i3artow i3aller and Shark44 like this.
  17. Qan

Qan Member

Kinda sucks this year is a swap year when nets really falling apart.

withmustard, Believe It! and ashleyem like this.
  18. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not at all, because we get two shots at Wemby.

That said, Brooklyn will start winning some games here eventually. We probably won’t…

D-rock, jcmoon and Hakeemtheking like this.
  19. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Nah, burn baby burn! My Viking ancestors' blood says how can we help torch this trainwreck further? Kyrie's new book/film is the perfect kindling to add to this already volatile mix. Could care less about these entitled stars and their rich CCP-sponsored owner.

Wouldn't it be ironic that they end up in the lottery and their pick is #1 and we execute the swap? Would remind me of this bit of twisted history (all about perspective)...

upload_2022-10-30_9-50-0.png

20. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

hmmmm, it's going viral now, still can't understand why Kyrie boosts an antisemitic book/film. i guess it won't take much longer Adam Silver and the league gonna be dragged in.

D-rock, i3artow i3aller and Shark44 like this.