1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Kevin Durant requests a trade out of Brooklyn!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Spooner, Jun 30, 2022.

1. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

I'm sorry my friend but we are not reading from the same sheet of music. If you believe this has anything do with Nash I don't know how to relate to you. This is very simple. KD is not stupid, Tsai is not stupid. Nets had a month to trade him and didn't like their position and wanted to stall. KD demanded a meeting with the Nets owner to prove he is going to be intolerable by making demands NO owner would ever acquiesce to and then leaked it to Shams. Look at how much Jeannie Buss detests LBJ and trolled him with Kobe. She is a prisoner right now. Tsai knew exactly what KD did which is why he put out the statement supporting his front office. KD proved that his goal is to sow discord and cause maximum damage. Now the Nets know what they face by dragging this out.

Kyrie is a secondary concern and will be discarded once KD is gone. Also, Kyrie WAS a free agent this year and no one wanted him. Think about that for a second. If this was 3 years ago the whole league would be after him. What is magically going to change next year? Sure LA would take him but the good teams don't have the cap space and chose not to make a trade. LA only wanted him because it was him or WESTBROOK. They didn't want to part with the future picks. LBJ may not resign, AD is damaged goods, Lakers have one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel. A lot of things are going to change and these older players are phasing out and don't have the same leverage anymore because they cannot produce.

2. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Kyrie technically was never a free agent. He was trying to broker a sign and trade deal. The teams with cap space were not in position to want to risk signing Kyrie and not stupid (he would ask out in 6 months for most teams). Also, I don't think Kyrie would like San Antonio or Popovich even if San Antonio was willing to give him the max. The problem with a sign and trade is that it depends on Brooklyn. After what Kyrie has done to Brooklyn, I would not trust Brooklyn if I was Kyrie.

3. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

I clearly explained the nature of Kyrie being a FA and it is no different than what you stated here. Kyrie CHOSE not to opt out the whole time he ACTED as if he was a FA. I explained all of the other variables about team availability. All of that to say this...what circumstances are different next season? The same bad teams with cap space, the same teams he wants to go to without. The exact same situation. Brooklyn would again have the ability to sign and trade except Kyrie will be traded beforehand.

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

if I’m BK, I’d find Maxey a lot more appealing than someone like OG or Bridges…Sixers just don’t have a plethora of picks

i3artow i3aller and D-rock like this.
  6. i3artow i3aller

Raptors just got to stay patient. KD will get to them in another week or two :D
    [​IMG]

7. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Exactly, the snake wants to team up with Harden and Embiid when they have zero salaries to match and no trade assets that Nets want. Thybulle, Maxey, and Harris with no picks. Of course Nets agree to that... What a fricking joke. It looks like the Boston deal is the only viable one we have seen. After getting raped by Boston previously, I don't think Brooklyn is going to get a good feeling from getting rammed home again.

JoeBarelyCares likes this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

If Nets want a young All Star caliber player + some pocks, then Celtics package is best option.

If Nets value lots of picks + good young player (Collins) then the Hawks are a better trade partner imo.

Regardless Rockets need to get in on any of the KD trade options.

#1168 D-rock, Aug 10, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2022
    luckyman76 likes this.
  9. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Maxey is a very, very valuable asset. Brown is the better player, but there's a risk he could walk in two years. Maxey is younger and will be a RFA. The 76ers could be a legitimate threat to land Durant IF they had picks.

D-rock likes this.
  10. i3artow i3aller

11. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Impossible. It’s irrefutable fact that Harden could no longer get along with Durant. He forced his way out and burned yet another bridge. No one would ever want to play with him again.

Fake news.

luckyman76, D-rock and clos4life like this.
  12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Maybe Durant wants the Nets to trade him for Harden. ;)

13. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Durant is such a pu$$y, if only he took a stand vs anti vax Irving, he would still have power on the Nets alongside harden. Now man's gonna bail and find a new home, cause the Nets owner is tired of catering to him.

U figured Durant would realized that the Nets took a leap of faith on him and let him rest a whole year, cater to his wishes and desires to build around him, now man wants to bail. Ungrateful. oh well, at least the Nets imploding due to antivax will have positive benefits for our team.

14. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Didn’t Hawks give most of their picks to Spurs?

15. i3artow i3aller

I'm only interested in Houston getting involved so long as it's highly advantageous for us to do so. We're not here to bail out the Nets. Most of these leaks are nothing more than a desperate attempt to boost Durant's market value. KD's a disgruntled star that's getting up there in age and one with a serious injury history. Brooklyn is almost assuredly going to be forced to operate from a position of little to no leverage, and that's sweet music to my ears.

Corrosion and jch1911 like this.
  16. i3artow i3aller

17. foh

foh Member

On one side you are saying Kyie has 0 leverage and is washed OLD guard and on the other side you are saying that KD has all the leverage. Do you know that Irwing is 30 to KD's 33? With such argumentation, I'm not sure whether to take you seriously tbh.

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Hawks can easily give up 3 FRP + players + FRP swaps + multiple SRP.

Hawks have 2 FRP in 2023 alone.

jch1911 likes this.
  19. jch1911

jch1911 Member

How in the heck did they get all these picks? Lol

20. Reeko

Reeko Member

Apparently the Sixers could unprotect their 2027 pick owed to BK and then trade Maxey, Tobias, Thybulle, unprotected 2029 pick, and then pick swaps in 2024, 2026, 2028?

Would that not be 1 of the best, if not the best, offer that’s been floated out there so far?