1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Breaking: FBI raiding Mar-a-Lago

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by larsv8, Aug 8, 2022.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

DRIVE-BY POO FLINGING . . . QUICK, I'M HIT. CALL AN AMBULANCE

#261 Os Trigonum, Aug 9, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2022
  2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So for those trying to bark up the DOJ was acting in a partisan or political circus-like manner, it doesn't really make sense. MG is apparently not like that at all. Hence, it is why people on the Jan. 6th committee criticized him for being too cautious and slow to act.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/opi...aid-donald-trump-criminal-martyr/10273145002/

quikkag likes this.
  3. conquistador#11

If I'm Trump I'd hire Buzzbee, Rusty Hardin and Rimrocker for the dream team defense. Then I'd bamboozle my cult into paying for their services.

4. SuraGotMadHops

Do you read?

Salvy likes this.
  5. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

There is not enough money.

6. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Okay, we have crossed the rubicon...Ron Paul? LOL

You're gonna need more tinfoil for your hat.

7. Salvy

Salvy Member

8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

He's 100% right.

JeeberD, mikol13, Nook and 5 others like this.
  9. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

I thought the cult was already at war with The US and democracy

10. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

funny

he did do a number on the Dem, giving them the White House, the Senate and the House in record time ;)

j/k aside, I’m talking about the crazies

Banish the fbi! Civil war! just crazy

jiggyfly and FranchiseBlade like this.
  11. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He wouldn't pay you anyway.

12. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

13. CCorn

CCorn Member

I like Yang… but I don’t believe that’s how warrants with government officials work.

14. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

For someone so into being "smart," I've noticed he doesn't really study many things very closely.
    He kind of trusts his innate smarts, as a lot of smart people do. But for complicated legal proceedings, yeeahhh, tough sledding for intuition.

15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Wait, who is that guy with the close-cropped hair who @FranchiseBlade became obsessed with? :D Dude like pulled up to Congress and worked out of a Trader Joe's bag?

16. Nook

Nook Member

#1 Lee is a Tea Party member that went out of his way trying to find ways to invalidate the 2020 election results.
    #2 Apparently Lee doesn’t even know what the raid was about because they already asked Trump to turn the documents over and he wasn’t cooperating.
    #3 A subpoena? After there are photographs of documents literally being flushed down the toilet?
    #4 If his concern is that the vault was broken into, and they didn’t ask Trump to provide the documents via subpoena, then he isn’t acting in good faith. He knows damn well why not and any concern of the bank being broken can be addressed through a civil suit.
    #5 You have problems with the FBI? The Director of the FBI is someone that was hand picked by President Trump! LOL
    #6 Hunter Biden? Pro Abortion Extremists? Thanks for confirming that this is all political grandstanding and not sincere concerns. I was going to say I can’t believe he didn’t throw Hillary Clinton’s email’s into the rant… but he managed to do that too.

Go face **** Roger Stone and swallow Alex Jones.

So we have a man who was President a couple years ago knowingly removing classified documents to a resort he works and lives at… where there is no doubt spies of enemy states employed and some down see how that is a threat to National defense? After they have asked him to turn them over for some time and he has not done so? Screw him, this isn’t about him anyway, it’s bigger than him.

P.S. The veterans appreciate you being one of only two Senators to vote against the 9/11 Fund… and that’s after being humiliated.

17. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sit this one out Ken, even if you do think you and Donald are above the law. It's just plead the 5th, lie, and deflect...repeat.

18. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He'll have to stand in line for that behind MTG and the rest.

Salvy and Nook like this.
  19. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

How about the various red and rural areas of the country join together to form one state, and then they can have trump be governor of that state. They are supposed to believe in states rights anyway, so let them govern themselves how they want. Then he can tear up, hide or abscond with all the docs he wants or wipe his ass with it.

Leave the rest of the productive, educated, science and fact based country to be governed in a sane way and continue to progress as a nation.

Yeah I know it’s a fantasy and can’t happen. But it is sort of insane that the rural and red areas of this country represents some small fraction of the country’s GDP/net worth, yet they want to be the rail that wags the dog.

jiggyfly, Reeko and FranchiseBlade like this.
  20. quikkag

quikkag Contributing Member

From Brynn Tannehill, author/researcher on fascism:

My understanding is that much of the material found there earlier was classified at the highest levels. Special Access Program / Trigraph level stuff that only a few people get read in to. There's a special court system just for this.

Trump's Mar-a-Lago home raided by FBI in unprecedented move https://www.politico.com/news/2022/08/08/trump-fbi-maralago-search-00050442

The fact that MAGA world is freaking out over this is sad and scary at the same time. There was obviously a crime committed here: namely 15 boxes of boxes of deliberately mishandled materials. This goes WAY beyond someone having a private server. The sorts of things in SAP programs are the most closely guarded US secrets. For national security types, the thought of these things ending up in the wrong hands fills them with a sense of cold dread. Claiming that they had no idea these things were classified is going to be impossible: most of them still had their cover sheets still attached. If you've seen these cover sheets, you'll understand why. Regardless, this is the worst deliberate mishandling of classified materials I've ever heard of, and that's if there was no malign intent. If this material ended up in the wrong hands, it could potentially be the worst spill (or espionage) in US history. There's stuff that only the president and a (VERY) few other people get to see. Remember that (then) Vice-President Truman didn't get read into the Manhattan Project until after FDR died. The best defense Trump has got is that he has no idea who put these things in the boxes, and that he had no idea that they were there. Thing is: not very many people would have been allowed to handle SAP materials, which means you can't blame it on a random WH intern

Link: https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1556981527090716673.html