1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Durant requests a trade out of Brooklyn!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Spooner, Jun 30, 2022.

1. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

this is a haven, a place for Rox venting etc. Too many latter day ain’ts are in the batter but not for better.

Was Green the right choice? Maybe. If Mobley over Green wither Api? So many questions…

Systems and teammates make quite the impact. Every time I sawBarnes I thoughtTate would be almost his equal on that squad, in that system. Every time I saw Mobs I saw a competitive team where that player only needed to contribute not lead, not star. No target on him.

I accept, perhaps unhappily, this is (yet) another tank-a-thon. The last? How will this end? Stud roster? Owner willing to pay top $$$ to have all consequential players paid?

DaDakota likes this.
  2. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I'm not a king1 spokesperson.

I just find it inconsistent of your stance of preaching patience for kpj a 3rd year vet to others when u were quite unhappy with Green performance. It could b due to your pining for mobley that u lacked the patience with your "support" for Green. Didn't even give him a full season b4 voicing your displeasure.

Boobythegreat was basically an extreme version of u. Sht on green consistently while belittling those that rooted for him. Didn't even wait a month into a season to start ragging on him. Man was btchin about green all the time line, folks on here legit suspected of him celebrating that green wasn't playing so hot.

Just find it hypocritical. Especially when u or booby accuse folks of not supporting all "Rockets players".

#1122 DatRocketFan, Aug 9, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2022
  3. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Ok lol. Won't even waste my time on this

4. King1

He's a hypocrite on all things he doesn't agree with

5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

[​IMG]

6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

And you still got people pinning for him?

Reading that trade for Simmons thread has to be hoot.

Right @D-rock? :D

7. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

This has been going on since LSU, just read some scouting reports.

8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

LOL you think him sitting ruined his name?

Not melting down in game 7 of a playoff and then refusing to play the next year?

Simmons was the one who decided not to play it was not Morey sitting him, talk revisionist history, Morey wanted him to play to raise his trade value and Simmons refused.

His name is mud because he sat and then still sat when he was traded to another team, but you somehow blame Morey?

9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

BelgianRocketsFan likes this.
  10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

The most complete argument I have read on this board concerning Lebron vs Curry this was some senior level breakdown.

[​IMG]

mightybosstone likes this.
  11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The difference is that it is ok to have a difference of opinion and criticize a player while still rooting for him.

King1 is a troll just using Jr. High level personal attacks.

DD

12. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Word!

saleem and mightybosstone like this.
  13. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

luckyman76 and saleem like this.
  14. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

15. MystikArkitect

I'm not saying Curry is a better player than Lebron. I'm saying that Curry v Lebron is more of an argument than Lebron v Jordan. Curry didn't "get to play in an all time great system". He *was* the all time great system. He was the catalyst of a 73 win team. Durant went to go play with *him*. Not the other way around.

Interesting you bring up the idea that if Lebron had just stayed in Cleveland, he might not have all of those rings. Shouldn't that be unfathomable to someone in the GOAT debate? It's actually entirely plausible that Lebron stays on the Cavs and wins no titles. He has yet to win a title where he didn't run from a situation into a better one. He also has never left a situation that didn't end up in a flaming heap. It's unbelievable how people can give credit to ring chasers like Lebron, but try and discredit all timers like Duncan/Steph because they were *so good* that they made the other players and coaches around them that much better. Does Duncan deserve more credit than Shaq? Yes absolutely. Duncan is better than Shaq and probably the most underrated player of all time. Popovich was on the hot seat before Tim got there. You think Pop/Manu/Parker made Duncan and not the other way around? Does Dream deserve more credit than Shaq? Yes of course. Are Dream and Dirk's titles more impressive than any of Lebron's? Yeah of course. They didn't run to team up with John Stockton/Karl Malone or T-Mac/Chris Paul.

If you decided to tuck tail and run to ring chase, your accomplishments are *always* below the ones that didn't. Kobe made it work with Shaq and he made it work with Gasol. Those players came to *him*. Not the other way around. Durant went to Steph. Not the other way around. Lebron went to D-Wade. Not the other way around. He decided to go back to Cleveland when they had Kyrie.

That's how I see it. I get what you are saying, I just don't agree with it. You're not wrong just like I'm not wrong. They're just different ways of viewing what gives a player "all time" status. Curry changed the game. Lebron didn't. Curry generated titles. Lebron ran to them. Do I think Lebron is better than Curry? Yes. Do I think Curry is closer to Lebron than Lebron is to Jordan. Yeah. Way closer.

Thanks for at least responding in a dignified manner and not resorting to name calling/slurs to try and get your point across.

16. King1

If you weren't a fat drunk I couldn't say anything

17. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

GOAT. Subjective BS at its worst. Curry is an all time great. LBJ? Perhaps the GOAT. Or MJ. Or Russ, Wilt, Kareem, Dream. Oscar? Swap him out to that era’s Cs? GOAT.

There is no right answer.

Imagine a recent Dream Team with LBJ, Curry, KD, TD and Kobe. Imagine multiple Spauldings…

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Duruntula
    Vs.
    Soccer Steve
    Ted Marks

19. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

There is no definitive GOAT. It's subjective as fk. Some folks value loyalty more than ring chasing. Some folks value the amount of rings more.
    Curry won 3 of his vs Lebron.
    Lebron is a great player, but he didn't stay with cleveland, he went ring chasing. Everywhere he goes he leaves a team behind to pick up aftermath rebuilding process.

All i know is there's no right or wrong in crowning a player the GOAT especially if their accolades are quite similar. It's quite subjective and on what u prefer more.