1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Kevin Durant requests a trade out of Brooklyn!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Spooner, Jun 30, 2022.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's what happens when the inmates are allowed to run the asylum.

D-rock likes this.
  2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Da ****?

Are you really going to take this crap into every thread?

Your life must suck.

3. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Financially speaking, which would be the better option?
    1) Keeping Nash and Marks while getting rid of KD and Irving for pennies on the dollar, or
    2) Keeping KD and Irving and bringing in another GM and coach (like D'Antoni)

I have to admit that I don't recall the terms under which D'Antoni left, but a similar coach that seems to elevate players might work. They have more invested in the players than the coach and GM, so while I don't think it sets a good precedent, it probably makes more financial sense to appease KD. If you sell low, you could suck for a decade. It's actually a pretty interesting predicament to watch unfold. Especially since it isn't our franchise and we actually stand to benefit from their demise.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I had to look to see whom you were talking to as that fake fan is banned on my feed.

:)

Imagine not supporting a Rocket's player and being on a Rocket's fan board.

Sad, but unsurprising.

DD

#1084 DaDakota, Aug 8, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2022
    jiggyfly likes this.
  5. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Probably the worst part of all this mess is that BKN did this before in fairly recent history...

They basically could have had Brown and Tatum, but traded way too many picks for (what turned out to be) a short term rental of Garnett and Pierce.

So now, just a few years later, they mortgaged their future again, and are hoping to recoup some losses by trading for a player (Brown) they could have had if they hadn't made the same mistake just a few years earlier.... oh dear.

6. jim1961

jim1961 Member

There seems no option where the Nets clearly win out. Both options you pose are bad ones (for the Nets). 2) looks better initially until you consider that at any time, even after you have appeased him once again, he could pull the same number and re-demand a trade. This is especially likely if the new coach doesn't work out almost perfectly from the get go.

And then there is always the Kyrie factor which can toss a wrench into the machine at any time also.

At least with 1), you regain control of your franchise and can begin healing. With 2), the ceiling may be greater, but the floor is subterranean.

Easy and theDude like this.
  7. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

How do you know Zion stayed with his team? Nobody (literally nobody) has ever left at the point where Zion is in his career. As far as curry vs lebron, only a complete and utter troll would even write that so.......ya don't be a troll (or if you're not trolling, then don't type it again since you're just embarrassing yourself).

8. i3artow i3aller

KD pulling SImmonsesque maneuver as Ben10 is finally ready to play for the first time in a decade is some crazy optics :D

9. foh

foh Member

They could try and wait him out. If KD is a hooper like he says he is, maybe he'll give Simmons a try and they gel. And Lakers caugh up a pick for Irving. That's probably best case scenario for them. They need to get rid of Irving asap.

10. i3artow i3aller

Think that ship has sailed :D:eek:

11. foh

foh Member

Snake with snake a a good fit? At least they understand each other.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Ben Simmons had a bad back - needed an operation - was probably tired of it...group chat is a public way of calling someone out.

It is a weak move, very unmanly and cowardly.

DD

Little Bit likes this.
  13. King1

King1 Contributing Member

No, t doesn't. It's cute the same group of idiots are liking each other's posts

14. King1

Imagine being fat and drunk.

15. i3artow i3aller

16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Does anyone know wtf happened to Simmons?

Like when did he wake up with his balls cut off and decide to milk the league for his entire unearned 100M+ contract?

Shameful AF

17. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Imagine not supporting a Rocket's player and being on a Rocket's fan board.

Says one of the dude ragging on green while pining for mobley, a dude on another team basically all of last season. Get off the high horse bro u ain't that different from king1. Who knows king1 might have a change of opinion like u and comes to liking kpj if he plays better at pg.

King1 likes this.
  18. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Sounds like someone is mad nobody ever likes his posts. It's okay, little baby. I'm sure your momma is proud of your posts.

D-rock and jiggyfly like this.
  19. King1

Don't care at all. I just think it's funny what you guys do. Actually, that's poor wording. I feel bad for you guys.

20. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Yes, you are insulting other posters because you feel "bad" for them. It's not because you're projecting at all. No worries, "King," no one can see behind the curtain.

D-rock, jiggyfly and Bobbythegreat like this.