1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Christian Wood traded to Dallas for the #26 pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dockerland, Jun 15, 2022.

1. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

This is dead on. I grew up in Houston and lived in Dallas for 4 years. Dallas is the Orange County to Houston’s LA - clean and nice, but simultaneously stuck-up and insecure, obsessed with status and money, and (except for a few places like south Dallas) a city of homogeneous strivers.

DFW is Karen turned into a metropolis. An entire city that has gone through a grey subway-tile/white granite counter/stainless appliance remodel. It is clear bone broth to Houston’s gumbo, a starbucks flat white to Houston’s boba tea, grilled chicken fajitas to Houston’s barbacoa taco.

A very nice place to live and raise a family if you are white and can afford a Beamer for your kid so he doesn’t get mocked in high school, but soulless, homogeneous and dull.

Of course, both are obsessed with big trucks and guns, which is I don’t live in either one anymore.

2. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Orange County has all kinds of soul If you hit the beach communities. Dana Point, San Clemente, Laguna Beach, Newport Beach, etc. A hell of a lot of chill-ass 70s surfers down there that have been there for decades.

(Don't tell anyone though. Let people think the OC is like it is on TV)

aaquaa and D-rock like this.
  4. CCorn

CCorn Member

I hope he has an EZ tag.

5. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

It's 2022.

Everyone is allowed to be offended over everything!

snowconeman22 and jiggyfly like this.
  6. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

When has that not been the case? Seems like you are getting offended when other people get offended. lol.

The only difference I see is that social media gives everybody a bigger microphone. Anyway, this isn't D&D so carry on.

7. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Hmm. That's definitely one way to take my jovial post. By thinking I was offended.

8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So you can't be a 2nd or 3rd option off the bench?

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

I mean He sure isn’t a 2nd or 3rd option starter on Dallas who are a good team which it clearly says, when he’s pushed to the bench. So yeah the cf’s assumption is still hilarious

#1169 YOLO, Aug 8, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2022
  10. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think that automatically makes you a 6th option. Help me understand where I’m wrong.

11. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Bye Felicia.

12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Wut.

So Tyler Hero, Jordan Clarkson, Lou Williams, Eric Gordan and Jamal Crawford are 5th a 6th options?

They all came off the bench

The stupidity of some never ceases to amaze me, all to try and have a gotcha moment.

If you can't see how you are dead wrong there is nothing I can do for you.

Using your logic you think Powell is gonna be more of an option just because he is a starter?

This is one of the most ignorant posts I have ever seen and you said it with your chest.

WOW!

13. theDude

Supporting Member

6th Man of the Year awards pretty much confirm you as the 6th option.

If there are five players that can have a point before you see the floor, then you were not one of the top five options.

You may be a 2nd or 3rd option while you are on the court, but you were not one of the team’s top five.

14. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

With that logic kpj can be sent to the bench as the sixth man and kpj fans cant complain. But in actuality he's the 2nd or 3rd option coming from the bench. What dumba$$ logic

15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

LOl you want to really continue down this ignorant path?

The last 6 people that got the award were either the 2nd or 3rd leading scorers on the team.

Do you really think just because you come off the bench that means you are worse than all the starters?

Are you really trying to say Theis was at any time more of an option than Gordan or Tate?

Now the bolded is actually the most ignorant thing said on this board.

16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

?

I hope that made sense to you.

WTF does any of this have to do with KPJ?

17. theDude

Supporting Member

Coming off the bench does not mean you are worse than the starters. It just means that you aren't the "2nd or 3rd options" (the language you used that I was responding to).

And to answer your question, I do not want to continue down this path. I knew it would be a mistake to respond to one of your posts. You are a f***ing child. I will ensure I do not make that mistake again.

18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Just continue to say ignorant ****, evidently you don't know what being an option means or you just don't mind looking ignorant to try and make a point.

Anyway, you do you.

I might be a ****ing child but I do know that just coming off the bench does not mean you are the 6th option, dumb ass.

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Burning a 1st round pick for a bench player is mismanagement.

aaquaa likes this.
  20. MystikArkitect

This guy went for Dallas' jugular. Almost feel bad for them.

Almost.

cmlmel77 likes this.