1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Bullet Train

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Mar 2, 2022.

1. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

It's amazing how crappy the action sequences look when you are watching them actually film them as they were showing on ET or one of those shows. Then, they look so much better in the final product. Do they speed them up? Good editing helps obviously. I'm still not quite sure this one works, though, after watching the trailer. The final product looks polished and professional but the plot seems blah and Brad carrying a comedic performance meh. Maybe the trailer doesn't do it justice? Sandra's role appears to be eek or sigh. Looks like a few lesser known British-type actors in it. I'm really interested to see the audience feedback on this one. Will it be lol funny, slightly amusing, or...gag? It helps if we care about the characters but do we?

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

They made a deal to appear in each other's action flicks. Not big roles, but roles that stand out. Mostly about their names standing out when publicizing the film. Sandy's was The Lost City. Some reviewers said that Pitt's brief appearance was the best thing about it. I saw it streaming on whatever outlet's got it and agree. Don't know about Bullet Train, but I'll see it. Looks like it'll be fun.

#22 Deckard, Aug 4, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2022
  3. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

The Lost City was essentially a mediocre remake of Romancing the Stone.

Rocket River and Deckard like this.
  4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Yeah but Sandy Bullock

5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Yeah, but good Kathleen Turner

6. SuraGotMadHops

Is this movie set at the old Northwest Mall location?

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  7. Surfguy

83% audience review so far on Rotten Tomatoes. Seems a lot of people liked it but there are the naysayers who didn't care for it. It's been compared to "Kill Bill". One reviewer said it was like "Kill Bill" and "Pulp Fiction" had a baby and this was it. Others say if you like "John Wick", you should like this.

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Really? Sounds good!
    ;-)

9. Surfguy

Not a single review from clutchfans?

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  10. clos4life

clos4life Member

I'll wait for streaming.

11. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

8/10.

A less intense John Wick. The point of the movie is not that everyone is intentionally out to kill the main character, Brad Pitt. But everybody does have a go at it.

There are several convoluted story arcs, like Pulp Fiction, that all mostly get resolved in the end.

Two huge cameos at the end.

Nothing earth shattering. Mindless fun, with a bit of chance of becoming a cult classic.

12. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Mindless fun and entertaining. A little Guy Riitchie-esque.

Lot of cameos from some pretty big stars. Channing Tatum was absolutely hilarious.

13. Slyonebluejay

Slyonebluejay Member
    Supporting Member

Saw it last night. Good mindless fun. Lots of action. The movie basically never stops. As mentioned earlier, Chaning Tatum has a great couple appearances. A good Saturday night escape

CCity Zero and mikol13 like this.
  14. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I thought it was ok, reminded me of those Pulp Fiction knockoffs that came out in the late 90s/early 2000s like 2 Days in the Valley or Smoking Aces. The characters are all pretty thin but fun, action is solid but the film could have been trimmed down by a good 20 mins or so for my taste.....

C+

Invisible Fan likes this.
  15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

hhhmmmmm

May still catch it . . .. depends

Rocket River

16. TimDuncanDonaut

Seeing mixed reviews. From here sounds like it's passable but doesn't blow people away.

17. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

For me personally, I think it's fine but doesn't require running out to the theater to see it on the big screen....

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I went in expecting nothing and really enjoyed it. Kind of a Snatch meets Kill Bill.... sort of.

CCity Zero likes this.
  19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Saw it yesterday; nothing earth-shattering at all. Lots of cameos and it just gets crazy towards the end

-Looks like Zazee and Brian Tyree Henry are in every movie together. Zazee played a very dollar store version of Jesse from Breaking Bad
    -Was the Lost City filmed next door to this movie? Cameos from Bullock and Channing. I liked Channing's cameo probably the most
    -Ryan Reynold's random cameo as Carver was interesting
    -Brian's character was weirdly into Thomas the Tank Engine and the jokes didn't land with me
    -They kept zooming in and showing various items throughout the movie. Like I get it was supposed to be for foreshadowing but did the director think the audience was so dumb, he had to keep pointing it out like the snake, the water bottle, etc.
    -Tons of storylines and the twin's accents were sort of hard of decipher
    -Bad Bunny was actually really good in the movie

20. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Yep. Had that snatch vibe. Lots eccentric characters and story lines that tied together at the end.