1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Durant requests a trade out of Brooklyn!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Spooner, Jun 30, 2022.

1. i3artow i3aller

2. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

They are not going to trade KD.

3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Maybe you would if you wanted to get off the team. lol

4. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

No ****ing way he plays even half a season for Tsai.

D-rock and Corrosion like this.
  5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

D-rock, Plowman, B-Bob and 1 other person like this.
  6. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Kevin Durant tells Nets owner to trade him or fire Steve Nash, Sean Marks: Sources
    In a face-to-face meeting with Brooklyn Nets owner Joe Tsai over the weekend, All-NBA star Kevin Durant reiterated his trade request and informed Tsai that he needs to choose between Durant or the pairing of general manager Sean Marks and coach Steve Nash, sources tell The Athletic.

Durant stated he does not have faith in the team’s direction, sources said.

https://theathletic.com/3485297/2022/08/08/kevin-durant-nets-trade-steve-nash/

D-rock, Plowman and i3artow i3aller like this.
  7. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Welp, there's no going back now! Crazy.

8. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Its unbelievable how well all that is going from a Rockets point of view. :D
    I don't think I could have scripted it any better.

theDude, joshuaao, B-Bob and 8 others like this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

KD and Kyrie are the ones who wanted Nash and applied major pressure to Marks for things like the DJ contract and Harden trade

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

I wonder if Tsai will tell KD to go brush his hair, apply lotion, and gtfoh.

KD and Kyrie have been attempting a hostile takeover of the organization while providing just 1 playoff series win

D-rock, jiggyfly, theDude and 6 others like this.
  11. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Irving was quoted as saying they didnt need a coach.
    Now they not only want a coach, but they want to fire the one they have.

D-rock and i3artow i3aller like this.
  12. Reeko

Reeko Member

Steve Nash is a horrible coach, but he is only there because KD and Kyrie did not want Kenny Atkinson

now they want coach #3

13. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, it is comedic that Durant thinks he can make these sort of demands when Kyrie/himself have had complete control over the moves that front office has made thus far. If I'm Tsai I'm there sitting asking Durant the following questions:
    • "Didn't you and Kyrie not want a good coach, but rather someone to mold to your liking?"
      • We hired Steve Nash for you.
    • "Didn't you and Kyrie want James Harden?"
      • We mortgaged our future to bring you James Harden.
    • "Didn't you and Kyrie want flexibility to run the team as you both saw fit?"
      • We permitted Kyrie to have extended vacations.
      • We gave you full autonomy of our franchise, even though you didn't even play the first year.
    • "Didn't you and Kyrie want DeAndre Jordan signed?"
      • We signed Jordan for you guys and he suckeeeeed! Then we traded Jarrett Allen, a future all star, to get James Harden on board.
    • "Why are you complaining Kevin, you've gotten everything you wanted and you just haven't delivered. Now you want me to fire Sean Marks, the one guy that has actually driven this franchise in a positive direction after Billy King destroyed it, and then I forced him to bow down to you and Kyrie? **** you KD."

D-rock, Plowman, B-Bob and 5 others like this.
  14. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

KD easily one of the least likeable greatest players of all time.

jiggyfly, Plowman and JoeBarelyCares like this.
  15. MystikArkitect

This whole generation of "greats" kinda sucks. At least the team hoppers do.

Dirk, Steph, Dame, Zion, Giannis, Jokic should all be held in a higher standard than the team hoppers. It's why the GOAT debate isn't a debate at all. It's Jordan. As far as I'm concerned, Steph vs Lebron is a real debate. If you team hop to a title, you shouldn't be looked at in the same light as the guys that did it on their own. Dirk's one title means more than any of Lebron's.

Durant should've just stayed in OKC with Russ. Now he's just going to retire a miserable old has been that rode Steph Curry's coattails to his only titles.

Corrosion, cmoak1982 and kubli9 like this.
  16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Nothing will motivate a GM to trade a player more then a star player demanding the GM be fired if you aren’t traded lol

Dobbizzle, B-Bob, REEKO_HTOWN and 2 others like this.
  18. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Stop with these silly facts... KD went in there with the owner and said the exact thing needed to guarantee they trade him asap. The media had them believing their own BS that they could wait this out and all would go back to normal because teams weren't putting out good offers.

Reeko likes this.
  19. i3artow i3aller

20. Reeko

Reeko Member

they’d be doing Sean Marks so dirty

Of all the bad moves the Nets have made in recent years, how many of them weren’t at the behest of KD and Kyrie?

KD just signed an extension last year, so what changed? Maybe he should’ve applied pressure on Kyrie to do what he needs to do in order to play all the games, and Harden would still be there. Harden-KD-Kyrie was the betting favorites for the title. Now they got broke back Ben

the thing is, even now, the Nets roster isn’t even that bad when healthy with KD and Kyrie there and a real coach