1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Shams] Durant requests trade out of Brooklyn

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by zeeshan2, Jun 30, 2022.

1. TimDuncanDonaut

Tatum and Simmons have the designated rookie clause. Nets can't trade KD for Tatum unless Simmons is moved first.

"An NBA team is permitted to carry up to two players on designated rookie extensions, as the Nuggets are with Murray and Porter. However, a team cannot carry two designated rookies if both of those players were acquired via trade."

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2022/07/players-on-designated-rookie-extensions.html

Some of these Twitter proposals are non-starters.

Bam Adebayo (Heat)
    Devin Booker (Suns)
    Luka Doncic (Mavericks)
    Joel Embiid (Sixers)
    De’Aaron Fox (Kings)
    Shai Gilgeous-Alexander (Thunder)
    Donovan Mitchell (Jazz)
    Jamal Murray (Nuggets)
    Michael Porter Jr. (Nuggets)
    Ben Simmons (Nets)
    Jayson Tatum (Celtics)
    Karl-Anthony Towns (Timberwolves)
    Andrew Wiggins (Warriors)
    Trae Young (Hawks)

#421 TimDuncanDonaut, Aug 4, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2022
    Invisible Fan likes this.
  2. i3artow i3aller

3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Who cares what Simmons thinks.

He can start beef and slights everywhere but the courts.

BamBam likes this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

In a face-to-face meeting with Brooklyn Nets owner Joe Tsai over the weekend, All-NBA star Kevin Durant reiterated his trade request and informed Tsai that he needs to choose between Durant or the pairing of general manager Sean Marks and coach Steve Nash, sources tell The Athletic.

Durant stated he does not have faith in the team’s direction, sources said.

Durant and Tsai spoke in London on Saturday and sources described the discussion as transparent and professional. The meeting took place a year to the day that Durant agreed to a four-year, $198 million contract extension with the Nets and barely over a month after his initial trade request on June 30. He is now entering the first season of that extension.

The Nets have direct knowledge of the reasons behind Durant’s request, sources said, and understand that the 12-time All-Star will continue to be resolute in his stance. Durant is believed to want a change of scenery heading into his 16th season.

The Celtics, Toronto Raptors and Miami Heat remain the most significant candidates to acquire Durant, sources said, with Boston’s package centering around All-Star forward Jaylen Brown seen as a viable deal. Tsai and the Nets have made clear privately that they will take every last asset from a team that trades for Durant, sources said.

FrontRunner and i3artow i3aller like this.
  5. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sounds like Nash and Marks are gone.....

i3artow i3aller and red5rocket like this.
  6. tigereye

tigereye Member

Who are their replacements?

Who’s even available at this point?

Would Joe Tsai let a player tell him how to run his franchise? How would that even play in the locker room, especially with Kyrie Irving?

I think KD gets traded.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

8. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

The Durant/Kyrie pair has not been very good at GM'ing the Nets. If I'm Tsai, I move on.

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Tsai should just make Durant their President of Basketball Operations so he can hire or fire all the GMs and coaches he wants and has full faith in the team's direction.

10. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

11. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Sean Marks has done a good job of acquiring talent and maximising the limited resources available to round out a roster.
    If I am Tsai, I'll keep him over KD... swing that trade for Brown and move on.

12. i3artow i3aller

13. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Wow, a player wants the owner to choose them over a member of the front office??

Well, let's see what Cal, uh I meant Tsai do.

14. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

A nets pick and nets swap (or 2) would hopefully be enough but idfk

hold these nets picks and the nets by the ballssssss - I like Tari as a future starter anyway

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

16. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

17. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

A lot of this is super revisionist history. They would have likely gone 16-1 or 16-2 in the playoffs in 2021 with the big 3 if harden didn't get injured (1st time in his career), and at absolute worst make the finals if giannis doesn't cheap shot and take out kyrie

18. RocketDream

RocketDream Member

All this means is that Durant's desire for a trade remains in force--the Nets have tried to trade him and haven't found a deal to their liking. If they continue not to, I think they'll just keep Durant and tell him they'll keep looking but in the meantime, he's a Net and Nash is his coach and Marks is his GM. He's under contract for too long to have much leverage unless he basically wants to retire.

19. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

The Saint Kenny Atkinson legend (3 20 win seasons and 1 40 win season) keeps growing.

I'm sure he's a fine coach but it's pretty amazing how much mileage he's getting out of 1 42 win season followed by a 28 win one (yes i know his team sucked)

20. Asian Sensation

This is KD’s way of demanding a trade. There’s no way Brooklyn should cave to his ultimatum unless it involves shipping him out. They also shouldn’t give into any more of his demands/requests.

This the team that signed him to a Max contract and basically paid him for a whole season and half while he was sitting out and rehabbing while not even knowing what type of player he was going to be when he came back.

It was cause of KD that the Nets were able to get Irving. Sounded great at the time but it’s been nothing short of a headache for Brooklyn.

KD was also the reason an already washed DeAndre Jordan got a 4 year $40 million deal from Brooklyn

https://clutchpoints.com/nets-rumor...-forcing-brooklyn-to-sign-deandre-jordan/amp/

KD was also the reason why the Nets gutted their future for Harden.

Now he wants the head coach and GM gone. Nash basically got that job because he was KD’s friend. KD can deny that Nash was signed because of him or how he wasn’t his first choice but he was an option that was supported by KD.

https://nypost.com/2020/09/20/kevin-durant-insists-he-didnt-pick-steve-nash-to-be-nets-coach/amp/

Slyonebluejay likes this.