1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My brother was shot in the face

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Vivid, Jul 15, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I think his point is that why should anyone have to do this research? If the info is "readily available" to the public just point folks to the police report link or take a picture of the police report and post it to this thread.

Clutch (or most anyone) has enough on their plate to not be speaking with APD.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  2. Vivid

Vivid Member

Nobody here has to do anything. Please feel free to ignore any of this. Trust me, I had plenty on my plate and I have to stay in touch with APD. It is a friendly wager I proposed after I gave an update I didn't have to give. To be clear, nobody has to participate in that bet either.

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Another proposal would be establishing the tip jar bet, and then you produce the links within some agreed upon time period which a third party can verify. That makes more sense to me than asking someone else to hunt down whatever info you are referring to, which may or may not exist (given that’s what the bet is trying to determine).

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Whenever you have to deal with police in Austin make sure to have your case upgraded to APD+ to avoid unnecessary wasted time with low level service staff.

Nook likes this.
  5. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Well, it did rain in Austin on July 14, only in the downtown area so that part checks out.

6. Vivid

Vivid Member

Sure, that works too. People asked for an update and I gave an update on my brother, but it is the bet I proposed that is getting multiple replies. I admit I thought it would be fun and assumed it would only get attention from the very people it targeted. Surprised that it would have people discussing logistics, figured I would work that out with the participating parties in a way we agreed was fair when it got to that point.

I imagine there are three-ish categories of people here. Those that assume this is the truth and don't need or care for proof. Those that don't really care and/or mildly curious if it is true, and I share their ambivalence about if they ever see proof. And maybe a few that absolutely think this was an outright lie (why isn't the media all over it?!), and they probably do want proof and possibly have no qualms having some stakes involved based on their conviction.

This is to give those members an opportunity to call me out properly! If those people want to take the bet, I am more than happy to procure proof (or fail trying). From now on, let's please keep logistical inquiries of the wager to those that are participating to the extent possible. The bet is a very small insignificant thing, feel free to ignore it if it bothers you in either form or function. My brother is okay and that is important. Everyone responding here is in good health (I hope), and that is important. Go give a loved one a call just to tell them you appreciate them. I realized I took my family's health for granted, and this really rocked me. I am being very mindful of that every day and I try to take moments to intentionally feel/show gratitude to my friends and family.

durvasa likes this.
  7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Brother is tragically shot in the face in a drive by shooting...
    ______

Let's have a fun Clutchfans tip jar bet!

8. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'd say that roughly 10% of this site is alt accounts.

Reeko likes this.
  9. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

King1 likes this.
  10. Reeko

Reeko Member

that is so damn sad

King1 likes this.
  11. King1

King1 Contributing Member

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

Still nothing?

13. King1

Of course not

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

[​IMG]

King1 likes this.
  15. durvasa

@Reeko and @King1 — want to do the tip jar bet with him that he proposed in his last post? It looks like you’ve been the most vocal skeptics in this thread.

16. King1

Why? He won't honor it. This would have been all over the news if it had happened . You are more than welcome to if you want to waste your time though

17. durvasa

That’s the point of a tip jar bet. If he doesn’t honor it, he is disgraced. And if he proves his story is true, it forces you to acknowledge it. It’s a way to move this past the current holding pattern and bring the thread to a resolution.

18. King1

He's trolling. He could have already proven it and didn't. Like I said, feel free to waste your time

tinman likes this.
  19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You know Jussie Smollet had lots of believers

King1 likes this.
  20. durvasa

Is it a waste of time to force an alleged to troll to prove they are being genuine with a tip jar bet? I thought that was standard practice on here, unless one isn’t highly confident they’d win that bet.

I do think his proposed “friendly” wager ($200 each) is needlessly high.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.