1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chapter 2: Welcome to The Jalen Green Experience

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Feb 27, 2022.

1. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

A star in the making!

fckbandwagons likes this.
  2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

one motion is a lot easier and some of the best shooters like steph have one; quicker release and at least for me more accurate.

3. marky :)

marky :) Member

He had to put in a ton of work to change his shooting motion. Going from 2 motion to 1 is a complete rework of muscle memory/foot work.

4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So when are we gonna talk about defense?

Or the fact that he had the same asst numbers and was a better rebounder.

Mobley had a better rookie year point-blank does not mean Green can't be the better player moving forward, but right now Mobley contributes to winning more.

CXbby likes this.
  5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

The tweet they were directly responding to made an explicit claim that Green is a inefficient scorer compared to Mobley.

BigMaloe, Easy and BonziWellsGOAT like this.
  6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

WTF does being a KPJ supporter have to do with Green?

So it has to be an either or?

Is it ok if he criticizes Green if he is not a KPJ supporter?

Some of a'all have really bumped your head? SMDH.

7. King1

King1 Contributing Member

No, but the people who criticize Green seem to be the same group of crazy KPJ fans. You guys feelings are going to be really hurt next season

clutchdabear and BonziWellsGOAT like this.
  8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

As I said last season. I want some examples of a high volume shooting guards from the last 15 years that came into the league that were good on defense and rebounding on par with a power forward. Especially ones that are 19/20 years old.

I am sure tons exist. I just want some examples.

thanks

9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Lebron?

The list is going to be really short.

10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yikes, that's almost as bad as his performance in the dunk competition.

[​IMG]

11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Why do I need to give you examples, what is that supposed to prove?

My point was that people keep harping on TS% and ignore everything else Mobley did as a rookie.

People keep saying that Green has proven to be a franchise type guy while then saying all Mobley does is dunk or shoot at the rim, which is in the same dam tweet.

You can just look at his heat map and know it's false, but for some reason people got to **** on Mobley to pump up Green.

Let them both live.

12. BonziWellsGOAT

This thread was pretty chill recently. That is until jiggyfly decided to come show his ass and cape for Mobley in a Green thread again. Let it go big dog. It's over.

13. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Go root for the Cavs

14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I criticize everybody as I see fit, Sengun is my favorite player on the team and I criticized him a lot because he deserved it.

I did not even criticize Green, yet here you are AGAIN feeling some kind of way.

Why would my feelings be hurt if Green makes a leap?

Only an idiot would think that I am rooting for Green to fail anything good he does helps the team which is what I really want, I don't have vendettas against individual players on my team like you do with KPJ.

Thanks for showing how ignorant you are to think my feelings would be hurt because Green is good for the Rockets.

Really WTF dude?

15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I am not caping for anybody. I was responding to a post that had a tweet with Mobley in it, I did not bring him up out of thin air.

[​IMG]

16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

No need to prove anything specific. I’m asking because based on my own personal memory it’s a rare if non existent archetype of a player. A shooting guard that is a volume scorer. One that at the end of the season is only have point numbers in the last 20+ years that iverson and Jordan have had in their rookies.

What rookie shooting guards have done that (high volume scoring) and were considered to be plus to above average defenders.

And… if there are not examples of shooting guards that were considered that, then why TF are you talking about it?

“Why hasn’t this player done something no other shooting guard has done and let me compare characteristics like rebounding at a position like power forward to this shooting guard.”

You can can compare Mobley and Green of course. The way you are doing it though seems rather asinine.

BonziWellsGOAT likes this.
  17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

[​IMG]

18. BonziWellsGOAT

You dug for that post and it was just reposting a tweet that was in direct response to somebody saying Jalen was inefficient compared to Mobley. You are really reaching.

19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yes it is rare and has nothing to do with my point.

My point was that Mobley impacted winning with his all around game more than Green nothing more and nothing less, it does not matter if their TS% was the same.

My question was never about why Green numbers are not the same, it was about the comparison in the 1st place, this was not me saying Green numbers should be comparable.

I would not have even replied if the tweeter did not go on and say all Mobley did was shoot at the rim.

I am not the one comparing Mobley and Green the tweeter did and yes it's asinine which is exactly my point because they are totally different players and if you look at the all around game it shows.

It seems we are in agreement, but for some reason you are coming at me.

Why?

peleincubus likes this.
  20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I dug for what post?

This is not about you, my reply was to the post itself, it seems that you just took it personally for some reason.

I don't agree with anybody that says Green is inefficient, just like I don't agree with anyone who says all Mobley did is shoot at the rim or implies that TS% is a good way to compare these guys.

This was never about you, my guy.