1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which Player Are You Most Excited About?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rokman, Aug 8, 2022.

?

Which Player Are You Most Excited About Watching Next Season?

1. Jalen Green

84 vote(s)
    42.4%
  2. Jabari Smith

29 vote(s)
    14.6%
  3. Josh Christopher

3 vote(s)
    1.5%
  4. Alperen Sengun

43 vote(s)
    21.7%
  5. Tari Eason

26 vote(s)
    13.1%
  6. TyTy Washington Jr.

1 vote(s)
    0.5%
  7. Kevin Porter Jr.

9 vote(s)
    4.5%
  8. Kenyon Martin Jr.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Other

3 vote(s)
    1.5%
  1. Rokman

Rokman Member

Which player on the Rockets are you most excited about watching next season and why?

ak99999 and don grahamleone like this.
  2. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Jalen Green, Jabari Smith, Alperen Sengun, Tari Eason, Kevin Porter Jr., in that order.

Green and Jabari have the highest upside, in my opinion.

burlesk, eliefor3, sparky and 17 others like this.
  3. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Jalen is the hope. He is the one who has a chance to be great and to give the rockets a chance to compete a few years down the line.

red5rocket, DreamR, Rokman and 2 others like this.
  4. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Sengun and Green were the most exciting players to watch on the roster last season. Sengun was fun to watch throughout the season, but Green definitely had the higher peak, especially in the 2nd half of the season. I anticipate that will remain the same this season.

No disrespect to the rookies of course, they will undoubtedly provide far more defensive contributions than Sengun and Green did last season.

5. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Can't wait to see what Green looks like in his 2nd yr. Along with Sengun and KPJ, I think they're going to be on a different level. JG and Alpi aren't rookies anymore. I Imagine it's going to show from the get. But I'm excited to see Jabari, Tari, Garuba and TyTy in that order, because they're the rookies. (Garuba technically)

Most excited for Jabari. What will his shot look like? Will he knock them down any where near the 42% clip he did at Auburn? Has he added anything to his bag as far as his mid range and ball handling? Will his defense from summer league translate against the top players in the world? Last but definitely not least, how will he fit with the squad? Playing with Sengun. How will KPJ and Green get him involved?

Can't wait to find out!

burlesk and don grahamleone like this.
  6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Sengun, then Green, Bari, Tari.

7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

green's explosiveness matched with dexterity, agility and confidence -- these kinda packages don't come along all that often

8. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

It's going to be a long time before I answer this question with someone other than Jalen Green.

[​IMG]

34to11, majicdonjuan, D-rock and 5 others like this.
  9. Jontro

Jontro Member

tittie for obvious reasons

Os Trigonum and Bobbythegreat like this.
  10. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

They all represent the beauty of the game in different ways.

The reason I am most excited about Sengun is his creativity. He just does surprising stuff all the time. His style of play is not mechanical and predictable. He makes other players better, in my opinion. That makes him the most interesting player to watch for me.

Green is exciting because of his sheer athleticism. But he has skill, too - he is not just a leaper. I think he will be able to develop into an amazing shooter. In my opinion, he and Sengun can and should become like Yin and Yang, offensively.

Bari and Tari complement them perfectly. What Sengun and Green are on offense, Bari and Tari can be defensively. Bari the disciplined team defender who orchestrates the defense, Tari the forceful individual defender and disruptor of the opposing offense who goes for the passing lanes and gets steals and blocks by never giving up on a play defensively.

As to KPJ, he could be a great complement to the aforementioned core - if he understands that that is what he should be.

Like MadMax to Dream, Cassell, Horry, Elie.

But if he acts like he should be the no. 1 or 2 option - let him go.

fattz, backwardhead, aaquaa and 7 others like this.
  11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I’m really excited to see what Nwaba can bring

12. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Green is obvious but the draft picks will be interesting. Want to see what we have in TyTy. Need a pg

13. BelgianRocketsFan

Although it's not a popular take on this board, I go for KPJ. Green and Alpi will beast for sure, but KPJ is the X-factor imo. I'm excited to see if he has grown into his full potential. If so, good times are coming and we'll be a lot stronger than most people predict.

D-rock likes this.
  14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

15. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Jalen Green is the guy with franchise carry potential. I've always been a Smith believer, but even in most of my optimistic scenarios he's not gonna be an alpha scorer. If Green can't take the next step, it changes everything.

Really excited about Eason and Sengun also.

Everybody else, not really attached. Some of them may become great players for us, but I'm not hyped for them.

D-rock likes this.
  16. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

The truth is that the next step for the Rockets to take to make the playoffs is on defense. Young players can take years to develop on that side of the ball. My vote is for Jabari Smith. He should be the defensive leader the moment he steps on the court.

backwardhead, D-rock and Believe It! like this.
  17. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That could be the starting five for years to come. KPJ is the lynchpin, so he is the most intriguing to me. But I will have to say my excitement is for Green.

D-rock and Believe It! like this.
  18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

KPJ, Sengun, Green, Smith, Tari, in that order. If KPJ and Sengun play like I think they can, it drastically raises the ceiling for the season and the trajectory of the team moving forward. That's not to take away from the others, just someone had to be first.

Guys like KPJ and Sengun determine the ceiling, Green and Smith determine the floor. The ceiling is more exciting, the floor is probably more important.

#18 Bobbythegreat, Aug 8, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2022
    javal_lon, sydmill and Ankara1923 like this.
  19. CCorn

CCorn Member

Boban

No Worries likes this.
  20. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

DanO 337, corrado, D-rock and 3 others like this.