1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Christian Wood traded to Dallas for the #26 pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dockerland, Jun 15, 2022.

1. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

2. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

We will see. Either way I wish the best for C. Wood and I pray the Rockets have a good season, as well but this season is do or die for Silas

3. clos4life

clos4life Member

Landry's coupons at work!

4. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Trey Burke was national college player of teh year and led his college team to almost winning it all. Man is averaging 9ish pts per game, goes to show doing well in college doesn't necessary translate into having a great career. budget player and antivax. i do hope we kick him off the team for more deserving good players

clutchdabear and Jontro like this.
  5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Anyone follow the Mavs BBS, or similar kind of (no doubt disgusting) Mavs stuff? Since this is a Wood thread, I wonder what the poor folks forced to live in Dallas think about Christian.

6. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Trey Burke is fine guard depth off the bench this year.

7. Tadow

Tadow Member

I live here. My friends were pretty hyped when the trade happened. Losing Brunson afterwards dampened their excitement a bit

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Jontro likes this.
  9. PatBev

PatBev Member

10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

TF is that supposed to mean?

11. i3artow i3aller

Let's see if Wood feels the same way after his first practice w/ Kidd :mad::D

12. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wood never talked s**t about Houston when he was here. He's not directly trashing the city here, just talking up his new city to ingratite himself to media.

Not a fan of what he does on the court but I don't understand getting upset over that little comment unless you're just looking for a reason to hate him.

13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

The strip clubs are worse

14. backwardhead

backwardhead Member

It's kind of a birthright of Houstonians to be entitled to hearing any negative slight against our beloved home to confirm our belief that the whole world is against us. As a 5th generation Houstonian I relish this birthright because the whole world hates us. That's fine. Even if my belief is more than a little delusional.

But the truth is C Wood was pretty tame if that's all he said. I hated his guts and talked a lot more trash against him. Whereas Chandler P and his manpurse and capri pants couldn't wait to bang on Houston the moment he left to Dallas. I expect more trash from C Wood later as soon as the Dallas credit card millionaires get their hands on him. Wish him the best with his new man purse. :)

Looking forward to booing him when he comes back to play the team

Easy, TimDuncanDonaut and Ottomaton like this.
  15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

You Scottie Wood fans are the worst.

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

He came across well. Heck, he was interacting with some kids at the "Mavs Academy." Nothing wrong with that.

As for Wood saying Dallas is "calmer, " yeah, it's calmer and boring compared to Houston. We'll see how calm the atmosphere is for Wood when he has Kidd chewing him out for missing a defensive assignment, or when Wood goes through the motions of setting a pick. Kidd won't be the only one giving him hell. Luka won't stand for some of the antics Christian pulled here. It wouldn't surprise me if he ends up missing his time with the Rockets, not that he'd ever say so.

17. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

He doesn't have to mention Houston to talk up his new city. He can just state he loves Dallas and move on.

18. Milos

Milos Member

I've never lived there, but visited friends many times
    I always had a good time

My problem with DAL is it always seemed too homogeneous for my taste

A whole city of The Woodlands (except the west side)

Like going out I would meet the same person over and over bc everyone wants to conform to some superficial standard

Reminded me of high school where the worst thing on earth was not finding a clique

jiggyfly, cmlmel77 and Jontro like this.
  19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Hey, my son lives there. Fell in love with someone from the area while going to UT Dallas and never left. So for the last several years we have had to make the trek up there from Austin from time to time. The things parents suffer through for their children! The city definitely has a different vibe from Houston. Huge areas are just like you described. It can be quite weird.

Milos likes this.
  20. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Didn’t chandler Parsons say Dallas was a cleaner houston?

Mini slugs are for the birds