1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Astros 2022 Season General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Snake Diggit, Apr 9, 2022.

1. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

Buck Turgidson and Joe Joe like this.
  2. IdStrosfan

IdStrosfan Member

There are 60 days left in the season.

In the past 60 days Alex Bregman is:
    50-185 in 216PA. 30R, 28RBI. 14Dbl, 7Hr. 26bb,26k

I am hoping for even better but if he can just continue that he will finish the season:

84R, 39Dbl, 20Hr, 84Rbi, 82bb, 82k

.255avg, .352ob%, .446slg = .788 ops

A far cry from 2018-2019 Bregman but solid ( especially after his start) and better than we have seen since.

4 months of .825 ops heading into the post season would be welcome.

3. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I miss reporting that wouldn't always assume the team that got MLB players won and the teams that got prospects lost a trade. At least, this article had a section "We Can Rebuild Him, We Have the Technology" that was positive.

4. edwardc

edwardc Member

The Red Sox designate veteran outfielder Jackie Bradley Jr should the Astros go after him to help in the outfield.

5. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

No. I think Meyers, who looks hurt, is hitting better than him.

Htown Legend likes this.
  6. edwardc

edwardc Member

we never know a change could be good for Bradley

everyday eddie likes this.
  7. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

He can undergo that change somewhere else

8. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Chas's OPS is nearly 200 points higher over the last 2 years than JBJ's, and he doesn't even get a chance to play everyday or even against LHPs frequently with Brantley out and Meyers playing through something.

HeyBudLetsParty likes this.
  9. SKYGODZ187

SKYGODZ187 Member

Go get Franmel Reyes. Just dfad by the Guardians.
    Wouldn't be a bad bat off the bench and spot starter in the OF

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

…Did the Astros consider trading for Soto, a 23-year-old outfielder under club control who already has 119 career homers and a .292 batting average, but could soon command MLB's first $500 million contract?

“The job is to explore,” Click said. “Fortunately, we have some pretty good corner outfielders, lefthanded corner outfielders on this roster. And so it wasn’t something that we spent a ton of time on, to be honest. But the job is to explore.”

…“I think we accomplished our primary goals. And from that perspective, we got done what we needed to get done. The unacceptable scenario was not doing anything,” Click said. “We got three guys who were at the top of our list and three guys who I think will fit in well in the clubhouse. … There were definitely some things that I was hoping to accomplish that we weren’t able to quite get there but that’s going to be true of any trade deadline.”

…“Look, the standard for success here is incredibly high. So for me to sit here and say that this is the best team that we’ve had in the three years that I’ve been here, we’ll find out in October, honestly,” Click said. “But in terms of the depth of the pitching, in particular, I think this is the deepest pitching staff that we’ve had in the three years that I’ve been here.”

…Could McCullers rejoin the Astros and give Baker another arm?

“Every time that he’s like, ‘Yep, I feel normal,’ it gets us that much closer. And we’re very close,” said Click, who regularly checks in with McCullers the morning after his minor-league rehab starts.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  11. punkoholic

punkoholic Member

Only problem is people think he won't clear waivers and will most likely be gone by the time it's gets to the Astros.

Apparently his power is down and strikes out alot as well. And looking at a q and a from a couple of weeks ago, Guardians asked him to get into better shape and it wasn't a priority for him.

12. SKYGODZ187

SKYGODZ187 Member

My thoughts was I'd he does some how get to us claim him and let him get some reps down low while he is recovering from his Injurys. This would put Meyers on notice. If he fails McCormick is the man and Meyers goes down to the minors and relearns his way

13. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

From a Cleveland sports writer prior to the trade deadline...

Don’t look for the Guardians to make any big trades for veteran players. In fact, I hear they will be looking to move Franmil Reyes, who has finally started to hit. Since coming off the disabled list, he is batting .255 (.840 OPS) with 4 HR and 10 RBI in 15 games. The Guardians have talked to the big man about getting into better shape to play the outfield, but that hasn’t transpired. At this stage of his career, the 27-year-old Reyes seems content to be a DH. Overall, he’s batting .212 (.633 OPS) with 8 HR and 24 RBI.

14. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

Yeah- he’s already been sapped of much of his thump and there is no way this helps with that. If we can roster him and he can be a quality PH against RHP late game for Chas, Maldy or Yuli that is a great bullet to gabe in a game you are trailing by 1 or tied with runners on late.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

16. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

It would be a good idea for Peña to have a week off. The rookie wall is very real and he hasn’t had a full season in at least 3 years, maybe ever.

17. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

It would be nice if Lance McCullers was actually effective in his rehab assignment. He's getting hit pretty good.

So far...

5.0 IP, 7 H, 5 ER, 3 BB, 5 K, 2 HR

86 pitches 51 strikes

everyday eddie likes this.
  18. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

he’s had so many injuries and the last 2 were pretty bad. There might be the chance that he is not the same anymore.

19. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

His velo is down (sat 92 tonight), which is not a good sign.

20. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member