1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Hulu Movie] Prey - Predator prequel

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, May 16, 2022.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

3. tinman

Supporting Member

So this is really what happened on Columbus Day

4. Xerobull

Plymouth Rock landed on us.

5. Xerobull

Getting great reviews. May need to pick up Hulu for a month to watch.

6. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

An article in the newspaper the other day led me to a website where I found a casting call for a Predator series that's set during the American Civil War. I guess there's a Predator comic with a storyline like that?

I don't know how legit it was. I guess we'll find out in a year or three.

7. Xerobull

Wasn't aware of it, but I'm down with the idea, sounds cool.

Predator: Hell Come a Walkin' is a two-issue limited comic book series that was first published by Dark Horse Comics from February-March 1998. It was written by Nancy A. Collins, illustrated and colored by Dean Ormston, lettered by Ellie De Ville, and edited by Scott Allie and David Land, with covers by Ormston. It deals with a group of Union and Confederate soldiers that hunt a rogue Predator against the dramatic backdrop of the American Civil War.

[​IMG]

i3artow i3aller and FrontRunner like this.
  8. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

My bad. It's not the American Civil War, it's the Second American Civil War. (Sounds pretty unlikely but I would be down for a role as an extra... lol)

'Yautja,' a 'Predator' Film Project

Production Description
    Casting “Yautja,” a film trilogy or television series. Production states: "Set during a Second American Civil War in the 'Predator' fictional universe. Combatants are depicted from the political left and the right but the internecine conflict of the Earthlings is not the only blood feud to be settled in this war as when the conflict goes international… it also goes interstellar."

https://www.backstage.com/casting/y...le_id=1131098&role_id=1131099&role_id=1131102

9. Xerobull

That sounds pretty ****ing awesome

10. tinman

Supporting Member

I like the idea of the Predator being on Earth all these years and just hunting humans for fun
    [​IMG]

11. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

Sounds like it would require a pretty big budge too.

Hopefully Prey is a success and we'll get more spinoffs.

i3artow i3aller and Xerobull like this.
  12. tinman

Supporting Member

So this movie was pretty good
    Didn’t realize I had a free Hulu account with my T-Mobile account

Keep in mind this predator is 300 years before the Arnold one so it has a little bit more primitive tech

but glad it was really bloody and lots of people died

a legit predator movie
    With a clone of that chick from serenity

8.5 / 10

#52 tinman, Aug 5, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2022
  13. tinman

Supporting Member

This was a good movie and it had a reference to Predator 2
    The predator fans will notice it
    The casual fan won’t

i3artow i3aller and Jontro like this.
  14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Prey was imo easily the best predator film since the original. It wasn’t perfect and that was maybe the most frustrating thing. With expectations so low from the garbage Shane Black movie you’ll be pretty freaking surprise almost immediately in first act that this is just a whole another level of filmaking.

And before you usual suspects say it… no it’s not “woke” typical strong female Disney character social commentary at all. I won’t spoil anything but I’ll just say they do a great job making it earned as to why this 100 pound girl happens to be the central character in the climatic moments of the film.

I’m torn though on if I want to see a sequel. I just don’t want to see yet another and another bomb trying to force another predator movie after another. This one works because I don’t think the studio wanted this at all and it was soley because they couldn’t ignore how good the script was and early cuts of the directors vision. Now moving forward you know it’ll be the studio trying to push for it instead of just letting a good story and filmmaker come up with a film that works when it’s meant to be.

All in all though, solid entry, and will certainly be a go to for the genre that I think will last over time.

8.5/10

jiggyfly likes this.
  15. Jontro

Jontro Member

can you spoiler tag it? ive watched the 1st several times, but couldn’t do the 2nd one cus it doesn’t have ahnowld. they should have referenced the og predator movie

16. tinman

Supporting Member

The second was awesome
    It was so 90s like Tupac and Nirvana
    Predator goes to LA

Jontro likes this.
  17. dobro1229

Here’s the main Easter egg:

The pistol she gets from the French trapper who has his leg cut off is the same pistol that Danny Glover’s character gets from an elder Predator who gives it to him as a trophy of sorts for killing the Predator in that movie in the end. So obviously it’s hinting that at some point this tribe will have another interaction with a predator and that pistol will end up being given back to the same Predator that meets Danny Glovers character in the 90’s.

18. Jontro

Jontro Member

thanks breh... hinting at a possible sequel. ill watch the ending of pred 2 for the eggs

19. dobro1229

I wouldn’t sleep on Pred 2 honestly. It’s better than most give it credit for. If only to spend screen time with Bill Paxton and Gary Busey in their prime it’s worth it.

The two other movies after ignorable although the Robert Rodriguez one from 2010 had a ton of potential but was obviously done on a shoestring budget and that shows and makes it seem like more of a fan film. It’s like a Disney ride where it sucks because you can see how everything works and it takes you out of the moment in your imagination.

Regardless I think Pred 1 is essential, Prey now is 2 (imo) and Pred 2 is the third film in the series worth I watched them in order from most to least important and wouldn’t bother with the other 4.

20. tinman

Supporting Member

Predator 2 is like the Tupac version of predator
    Plus Danny glover plays the same dude from lethal weapon minus Riggs

Jontro likes this.