1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

To extend KPJ or not?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Lachard Binkley, Jul 29, 2022.

1. i3artow i3aller

Sexton got a max deal?!
    [​IMG]

ApacheWarrior, King1 and kubli9 like this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

before last season started, I had KPJr averaging 17, 4, and 7…and Jalen Green averaging 17, 4, and 3 on 41/34/78 splits

meanwhile, the loud mouth dumbasses had KPJr averaging 20 and 10 or 20 and 8, and Jalen Green averaging 12 and 2 or that he’d shoot 38% from the field as a rookie…the same ones now pretending to be the most knowledgeable, lmao

xtruroyaltyx and i3artow i3aller like this.
  3. i3artow i3aller

KPJ caping once again has twitter upset with CF's finest :confused:o_O

TimDuncanDonaut and Reeko like this.
  4. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

Forget all the extension money talk... in terms of trade value, can you even name a single team that would be willing to give up a first round pick for KPJ right now?

Rockets got him for a top-55 protected 2nd rounder... which basically means they got him for free. He has done nothing to disprove his critics that his behavior and character has improved, nor has he shown any more talent than he had shown previously in Cleveland. No other team took a risk on him at that time other than Houston. I am fairly sure the rest of the NBA still sees KPJ as they did before. The only difference between his time in Cleveland and his time right now in Houston is that the Rockets have been way more accommodating to him and have given him way more opportunity than he had in Cleveland. I really wonder how many teams out there would even be willing to include a 2nd rounder for KPJ right now.

Some of you morons thought CWood was worth 2 first rounders when most of us reasonable folk knew he was worth at best a mid-to-late protected first. Most NBA execs aren't willing to dive head-first to acquire headcases like KPJ, who on top of that, is still a really inefficient player trying to figure things out. Even if he balls out this year, his suitors will be really wary of his past behavior and will also take into account that this is his contract year - I highly doubt any team will be offering him anything close to 20-25M/yr even if he has a great season this year. Rockets have nothing to lose just waiting and letting things play out.

theDude, Reeko, xtruroyaltyx and 3 others like this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

More losers. I listened to it live earlier and again clutch is merely thinking by logically and you have wanna be know it alls like that get all worked up. It’s pathetic

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Geez, seriously? predictions are for fun - and are all going to be inaccurate...

What KNOWLEDGE do you have? What are YOUR credentials - other than being a pretend know it all on Clutchfans that is....

Kevin Love said KPJ was talented Lebron said it....I mean......by all means we should listen to reeko over them....lol...sure....

DD

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

we have fanbois calling everyone who isn’t worshipping KPJr dumb and claiming they don’t know ball while they’ve been way off, but my post is the one that’s the problem…lol, please

U are literally the king of being wrong, so why should we listen to u?

Lebron also praised Westbrook

players think Kyrie is a top 75 all-time

T-Mac literally just said Kobe was the 2nd best player ever

so yeah, u keep on holding onto what the players say as if they can do no wrong…I can think for myself

J.R., Tmac1Yao11, King1 and 6 others like this.
  8. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

lebron also said he loved shabazz napier and pushed for THT getting that crazy extension. allowing lebron to teambuild got him in this current lakers mess. i would hope rockets are smart enough not to follow what lebron says.

King1, Believe It!, theDude and 3 others like this.
  9. i3artow i3aller

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I post too much and people always want to bring down a silverback like me.

my right % is about as right as everyone else’s which is to say, meh!

But you didn’t answer why should we listen to you what are your credentials?

DD

PS. Nice Bartown, that is funny, someone took time to do that - I live rent free…..DD the Silverback baby!,,,

11. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

KPJ's shots from the mid range everywhere but right behind the FT line have declined every year and he definitely has to work on that. He's very good right around the basket and in the corners. Star potential if his decision making and shot selections improve with more time.

DaDakota likes this.
  12. Reeko

Reeko Member

uh huh, sure it is

It’s a useless question. What are the fanbois’ credentials for them to be acting like they’re so knowledgeable yet haven’t shown it? What are anybody’s “credentials” on here? I know I bring more than “Lebron and Kevin Love said KPJr is great” to the table.

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  13. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

clutchdabear, DaDakota, Reeko and 2 others like this.
  14. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Your still a brave man.
    Start writing stats.

Let's see who ends up closer!!

I want all your likes hanging from the inside of my wigwam

Knowing stats doesn't mean anything unless you can use them
    to basketball context and identify action/reaction.....
    cause and effect.

How it pertains to the players and expected results.

Put your stats down....I give you until opening night.
    Loser gone.

I've got you in a catch-22

If you undercut what Porter will clear stat wise this season.....I win

If you honestly put what Porter stats will be..... *I win

because the stats will be better season stats for Porter than
    Brunson this season.... justifying close to $27.7 million.

Brunson: (21/22): 16.3 pts..3.9 rebs...4.8 Ast...24.3 Ast%...1.6 TOV...10.1 TOV%...21.9 USG%
    Porter jr (21/22)....15.6 pts..4.4 rebs...6.2 Ast...30.7 Ast%...3.1 TOV...17.7 TOV%...24.1 USG%
    Doncic.........................................................................................................15.3 TOV%

For what it's worth Doncic had 4.3 TOV per game...being the point of attack
    puts the ball in your hands more. Porter 3.1.

If you think Brunson 39.4 mins...32.0 pts...1.0 TOV...5.3 Ast...5.3 rebs...41.2% (3P%)
    vs Utah during the stretch of 3 games Doncic missed in the playoffs will equate to
    Brunson getting that this season in New York...then put that down.

You claim to know than me about basketball but don't know that teams
    with higher pace tend to have greater TOV volume. Please just shut up.
    Above your pay grade.

Pace and turnovers
    https://www.hudl.com/blog/turnover-percentage-the-trustworthy-measurement-for-ball-security

Unless you are going to except my challenge....get lost kid, you bothering me.

#574 ApacheWarrior, Aug 5, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2022
  15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Somewhere there's a legitimate conversation to be had on the topic, but we have a group of the dumbest members of CF in here giving each other monkeypox and derping up the thread with mindless hate that is completely outside the range of reasonable, defensible takes on this topic.

If you think KPJ didn't show anything at all positive last season, and that he's not a top 20-25 PG in the league... maybe basketball just isn't your sport.

The serious conversation is between those who want to hold off a year and let him earn it vs those who would prefer to sign him for a discount rate now. Everything outside of that Overton window is flat out absurd

theDude likes this.
  16. Reeko

Reeko Member

all that typing, and still ain’t saying sh*t…impressive

all you’ve demonstrated is that u know how to copy and paste bball ref…congrats

yeah, because I definitely said Brunson is about to drop 32 a game in NYC :rolleyes: …typical useless strawman

top 10 teams in pace last year

1) Wolves - 17th in TOV%
    2) Rockets - dead last
    3) Bucks - 10th
    4) Grizzlies - 8th
    5) Hornets - 9th
    6) Spurs - 2nd
    7) Lakers - 19th
    8) Suns - 4th
    9) Kings - 16th
    10) Magic - 23rd

looks more like young teams with bad PG play or vet teams with Westbrook are the fast paced teams that are turnover prone…hmmm

that’s not even mentioning that a faster pace is better suited for this roster full of young athletes which is why it’s the style of play

nobody gives a fck about your little middle school bet about stats

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  17. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Once more the usual tactics of insulting folks intelligence. While the hatred for kpj for some folks maybe unwarranted. Gotta stop acting like u r more intelligent or less bias than the rest of us. Last I checked there was only one dumba$$ who thought green had the potential of being Corey Brewer 2.0 a month into the season. All that talk about giving kpj another season to have a reasonable discussion, it sure didn't took u long to sht on green basically 24/7.

Serious conversation pffft. U are as bias as the kpj haters just on the opposite side of the spectrum.

Corrosion likes this.
  18. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bobby is the King of Trolls. The only reason he started caping for KPJ was to detract from how bad he looked when he went all in on Mobley.

King1 likes this.
  19. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dude is another one of the weirdo posters. I come across his walls of text and just scroll on by.

King1, clutchdabear and Reeko like this.
  20. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

Well Green and Smith are top-5 picks. If draft pick prospects (top-5) directly overlap, you don't take them, or you figure out how to play them alongside those two. The point is that those two are not going to be moved to the bench or have a drafted player, even top-5 pick, displace them. Wembanyama, Scoot Henderson, etc. will all be expected to play alongside Smith and Green as a future core. The question is, do you see KPJ as having solidified the same role as those two? I don't. I don't think KPJ is so entrenched as a centerpiece in this lineup that you can't move him around to a different position or off the bench, and think that if you stink again, the future rookie who hypothetically gets drafted top-5 takes precedence over KPJ.

Corrosion likes this.