1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deshaun Watson to the BROWNS! Wow!

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by mario_v, Mar 18, 2022.

1. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

… and just for the record I absolutely loved Watson‘s athletic ability on the football field

red5rocket likes this.
  2. phasors28

phasors28 Member

Not sure why the NFL couldn't just issue their own punishment instead of consulting with others? Is there a stipulation with NFLPA? MLB directly punished Bauer and the Astros (wrongfully compared to other teams). Goodell is making Manfred look good

cmoak1982 likes this.
  3. Roc Paint

Who the hell knows, but I can guarantee you this is not gonna turn out well for Watson‘s camp and the Cleveland Browns!

Go Texans!

4. showa13

showa13 Member

Thank God for the Browns who mortgaged their future to us while taking freakman and his problems so we don’t have to deal with it anymore

5. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Here’s what’s going to be interesting. The guy Goodell hired (Peter Harvey) for the appeal is already involved with the NFL as a consultant. He’s gong to do what the league wants. If Goodell REALLY wants a full year suspension as he claims, he’s going to get it. My hunch is that that’s not going to actually happen though, because the league never really wanted that in reality.

#2145 Hank McDowell, Aug 4, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2022
    raining threes and Rudyc281 like this.
  6. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

They will add maybe a couple more games and a fine and that will be it. I’ll be shocked if it amounts to anything more than that.

raining threes and Rudyc281 like this.
  7. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

8. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

9. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

10. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

raining threes, ROCKSS and cmoak1982 like this.
  11. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

Watson took a gamble...and it looks like he's gonna lose...BIG TIME. At this point, he ought to be doing everything possible to end this ASAP. I'd really love to hear how he and his legal team thought this was going to play out. NOBODY of any import is on his side, so how did he think he was going to get a better deal than what was offered? I think when this is all said and done, twelve games and $8 million is going to look like a bargain.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...uspended-him-for-less-than-a-year-per-report/

raining threes likes this.
  12. Roc Paint

You have to know this is weighing on him mentally

13. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Interesting, I think I would have been ok with 12 games and 10 million........your right, he bet on himself and I have a feeling it will be worse

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Even worse, it's his complete lack of remorse that is pushing the league to add even more to his punishment. If he did the smart thing and apologized and accepted his slap on the wrist or made the 12 game deal offered to him, it's probably over now.....but then again he did only score a 20 on the Wonderlic test, so we've always known that he's not the sharpest peanut in the turd.

Colt45, ROCKSS and Roc Paint like this.
  15. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

If they make it for the season and he files a suit, then will he get to play until the suit is settled? If that is the case, I would rather he be suspended the 12 games this year, because I think that would be best for our pick.

16. Roc Paint

Just be grateful he’s not our peanut

raining threes and Bobbythegreat like this.
  17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If he files suit, the suspension wouldn't take place until after the suit is settled....and he'd definitely lose. The result could be pushing the suspension into next season, which would cost him a LOT more...so really, he'd be smart to not file suit at all, but he's not smart.

raining threes and ROCKSS like this.
  18. showa13

showa13 Member

The lack of remorse and the ‘no regrets’ comment was prob what did it. I think he truly believes he didn’t do anything wrong(he did, repeatedly), he’s getting bad advice from his circle(notably Mulugheta), and he thinks he can win this(he’s already lost).

19. Roc Paint

Keeps getting worse by the minute for the Deshaun Watson and his true believers

raining threes likes this.
  20. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member