1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alex Jones Trial

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, Aug 3, 2022.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not. I don't regularly follow or pay attention to AOC. So I'm not the most familiar with things about her one way or the other.

I did a Google search for her tweets and violence. The first one that came up was the one about protests making people uncomfortable.

I didn't want to start talking about it unless that was the one about which you were talking.

You asked me to call out her advocating violence. I would be happy to if I saw examples of her advocating violence.

The tweet about her saying that the point of protests were to make people uncomfortable is accurate. That is especially true given the context of civil rights movements in which it was given.

If you don't want to talk about AOC, that's fine, but don't accuse me of being okay with her urging violence.

jiggyfly likes this.
  2. King1

King1 Contributing Member

I think I'm accurate on everything I said.

I'm doing great personally. You might want to check on others here but if that's genuine then I appreciate it. Sometimes random people may need it. Thankfully I don't. Good looking out though if it wasn't meant as an insult. We need to do more of that

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

AOC is nowhere near as depraved as Alex Jones

no one even knows what AOC tweets u are talking about

ROCKSS, FranchiseBlade and Andre0087 like this.
  4. King1

They were literally posted here and discussed lol. I typically like your posts but come on dude. You're comparing one idiot to another

5. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Reprehensible/dangerous/unpopular speech is the kind that needs protection most

6. King1

Completely dishonest

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I’ve been on this site quite a while. Even read for a years before I made an account. I’ve noticed before when I have gone off on people I sometimes have had something going on in real life that is contributing to it. Dealing with a personality like bobbythegreat can be infuriating I get it.

jiggyfly, FranchiseBlade and King1 like this.
  8. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I don't disagree about his character. He's a fearmonger who demagogues for his masters. It's a role that's as old as society. Once he's removed (and he won't be removed completely until he's dead because these people are charismatic and will always have a cult following) someone else will slither into the role.

Invisible Fan, ROCKSS and jiggyfly like this.
  9. Commodore

the left doesn't actually believe in free speech, only speech they approve of

the ACLU used to defend Nazi's and KKK's right to free speech. No longer.

10. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Not if you’re purposely spreading lies you know to be wrong and harmful to others for personal profit.

Andre0087 likes this.
  11. Reeko

Reeko Member

I seriously have no idea. Can u link the tweet? What did she say?

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  12. Commodore

What about denial of the holocaust or the Armenian genocide? Should those people be prosecuted?

13. King1

No question. I'm glad I don't have an issue but it's certainly refreshing to see others taking notice of other posters. Being aware of a potential issue is certainly not a bad trait. I didn't it with TheJuice and even though it turned out not to be honest I don't regret it you never know.

I'm 100% good but nonetheless keep doing what you are. It's a good character trait and you never know who you might be able to help

14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I read an extra two pages of this thread just to figure out what AOC statement you might be referring to. If they were literally posted here, it shouldn't be too hard to go find it and paste us a link. Sounds to me like you're full of it.

15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  16. marky :)

marky :) Member

I mean if you're intentionally lying on your very public/popular platform in order to make money then yes.

Not sure what your angle is here and such a weird hill to defend.

dmoneybangbang and rocketsjudoka like this.
  17. durvasa

No. The situation here is that grieving families were being harassed with death threats because this guy and his media network chose to spread salacious conspiracy theories for personal profit. Not the same thing as spouting off about the Holocaust being fabricated, which while grotesquely insensitive is not actually endangering the lives of private citizens.

dmoneybangbang, ROCKSS and Andre0087 like this.
  18. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Can we all not stand together and condemn Hitler, Jones, AOC, Biden, Hillary, and Will Smith equally?

Quit being hacks guys

19. Commodore

Free speech is a weird hill to defend?

Should any public commentator who lies be prosecuted?

20. durvasa

The charge is defamation. Not lying.