1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brittney Griner in jail…….in Russia!

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Newlin, Mar 5, 2022.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

2. TimDuncanDonaut

"U.S. Basketball Star Brittney Griner Sentenced To 9 Years In Jail In Russia

Brittney Griner, the two-time U.S. Olympic gold medal basketball player and WNBA star, was found guilty Thursday in Russia of drug smuggling and possession and sentenced to nine years in jail. The news comes six months after Griner was arrested at a Moscow airport while entering the country with cannabis oil in her luggage."

https://deadline.com/2022/08/brittney-griner-russia-guilty-sentenced-prison-1235085114/

It's official. She got 9.5 years and pay a fine.

raining threes likes this.
  3. omgTHEpotential

Well, this was always going to happen. It's just too good of an opportunity for the Russian propaganda machine. Not to mention the possible prisoner swap.

4. TimDuncanDonaut

Griner to the Gulag.

5. raining threes

Griner hated America

Let's see how much she enjoys Russian prison time.

Maybe she will become more thankful of America.

#205 raining threes, Aug 4, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2022
  6. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

Dam 9 years is a lot.. sucks for her

Oh well. Should’ve thought about that before breaking the law in a diff country not named America. Smh.
    Still don’t understand how the media saying it’s “unjustified” .. how is it not? It’s not America. They have their own laws.

7. omgTHEpotential

Looking at american prisons, it seems it's pretty justified in America as well.

8. i3artow i3aller

9. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

We better not release a guy responsible for the deaths of thousands of innocent children in a swap

10. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Agree. Although not sure if she did it or not....quite common to plead guilty in Russia either way, because they're going to find you guilty regardless.
    But it sounds quite plausible that she did do it, and entering the doctors prescription for medical cannabis fails in line with that. She's long been a dopehead. She probably didn't intend to break any laws, as she said...but that's not an excuse, especially there. Intent doesn't factor in...that's an American thing. If she did really do it....man, that's stupid. She's lived there...she should absolutely know the laws on that.

tochiee22 and raining threes like this.
  11. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

if anything, griner is lucky she got caught in russia and not some place in asia. if she was caught doing what she did in an asian country, she'd be staring at the death penalty with absolutely no chance for negotiation.

either way she needs to stay over there in russia and rot in prison for a few years. she's one of those entitled assholes who will forget everything america did for her if she is released and allowed to come back to america immediately.

DreamR, tochiee22 and raining threes like this.
  12. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Go **** yourself. Please.

13. raining threes

What's not true about my post? Remember she put herself in this position.

BTW, you can disagree with me but there's no need to be so nasty. Also I wasn't the only person to respond this way, but I'm the only person you chose to respond to this way. I guess I'm living rent free in your head.

#213 raining threes, Aug 4, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2022
  14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I feel bad for Griner, man.

You have to know what's going on in the world. Should have left that sh*t at home.

She shouldn't have traveled at all with the War popping off. You would think her team in Russia would put her on game.

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  15. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

lol
    Watch yo back bruh! Lol

16. King1

King1 Contributing Member

You're arguing with a Dusty Baker and BOB fan. Don't bother

17. King1

Why feel bad for her? Second part of your post told the story

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

9 years for weed essence is weird I don't care which countries laws you're breaking.

She's not a murder, she just likes to recreationally get lit.

19. Newlin

Newlin Member

I haven’t lost any sleep over the Brittney Griner situation. What she did was wrong and stupid. However, I think six months in a Russian jailhouse is probably enough of a punishment for what she did. I don’t want to see her spend nine years in prison for what she did. I don’t want to see anyone do nine years for what she did. Six months seems about right.

T for 3 likes this.
  20. King1

I think it's a crazy law but it's theirs. I'm not stupid enough to go to Russia let alone try to bring weed there . She's a dumbass who hates the country (or did until this) so oh well

clutchdabear and raining threes like this.