1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2022 Trade Targets

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by HTown2017Champs, May 8, 2022.

1. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

Was it really a full TWO weeks?

2. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

Don't get me wrong because it's not the player I want, but imagine how Yankee fans would react to the Astros getting Judge.

Dacamel and everyday eddie like this.
  3. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

The Orioles will be good next year. They have a chance to actually make the playoffs this year. I think Baltimore re-signs him in the offseason.

4. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

San Diego has taken a gigantic leap forward with their trades. Soto + Bell + Drury + Hader. That is a lot of premium talent -- three hitters with OPS above .800 and arguably the top relief pitcher in the game. PetCo Park was electric tonight when Soto made his debut... and Drury hit a grand slam in the first inning. The Astros will have to be at the top of their game to beat the Padres if they are in the World Series.

5. Landry's Tooth

I like their team but the Padres do still have holes. They have good starting pitching on the top end but will still not likely have pitching advantage against the Dodgers.

raining threes likes this.
  6. Buck Turgidson

Ask Marshall Bryant/Tucker

7. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

"Solid utility guy", "this guy ****ing sucks, DFA him", and "he should be a platoon starter in CF" can apply to the same guy on this board at the same time depending on which poster you talking with.

IdStrosfan likes this.
  8. raining threes

I would rather trade Garcia than Urquidy. Urquidy is better under post season pressure.

9. IdStrosfan

IdStrosfan Member

I agree.

Urquidy may have a lower ceiling but he has a much higher floor too.

Urquidy has proven he will go 6+ innings and limit big innings. He has performed in the post season. He is the guy the team can count on to keep them on the game and not blow up the bullpen.

Garcia can not be counted on to go more than 5 innings. He wastes too many pitches and struggles the third time through the order.

And Garcia has more value because of his ceiling and extra year of control.

10. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

The Astros want Urquidy. The Astros want Garcia. I'm glad Click told other teams to F off in regards to those 2.

texans1095, BMoney and jakedasnake like this.
  11. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Remember when there were folks CLAMORING to sign this guy? I do and so does Pepperidge Farms

12. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I wasn't really psyched about going after him, it was mainly because I thought he would be overpaid. If he came cheaper that offseason I would have been thrilled to add him.

Nobody could have foreseen that the dude would just completely forget how to hit to the point he would be a negative player.

Dacamel and Joe Joe like this.
  13. Qan

Qan Member

Looked like he forgot how to hit last year.

14. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I figured he was going to decline some as his game is based on speed, but he was the guy I wanted as I didn't expect it to be as quick as it happened. I wasn't expecting him to cost as much as most.

15. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Is he worth taking a look at? Not sure how contracts work when a player is DFA'd. Has an OPS of 0.862 in the last 14 days (8 starts). If he is not going to be a cancer then he may be worth a look to see if we can catch lightning in a bottle. If not, then release him.

Was just looking at his splits and Home numbers are actually solid while Away numbers are absolutely awful. Some sort of reverse Ryan Anderson stats going on with him.

everyday eddie, BMoney and phasors28 like this.
  16. pariah

pariah Contributing Member

I think he was Exhibit A that the Red Sox were definitely cheating. He almost beat us by himself in the 2018 playoffs. There's (a) that from then and (b) he sucks. He cheated, they cheated; without meaningful ramification.

17. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

DiDi Gregorius was DFA'd too. How do these work now without the Waiver Trade deadline anymore?

raining threes likes this.
  18. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

It means they are FA to sign with whoever they want right now, or they can accept an assignment to the minor leagues.

cwebbster likes this.
  19. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

So they clear waivers, and you can sign outright? Are they eligible for the playoff rosters? I'd assume so since it's still early.

Take a flyer on JBJ?

20. HTown2017Champs

If I understand everything correctly, players signed to the organization between now and either August 31 or September 1 are still eligible for the playoff roster.