1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

To extend KPJ or not?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Lachard Binkley, Jul 29, 2022.

1. marinara

marinara Member

Dude threw food at someone once and cracked it one game at HT so he is the devil don’t forget that

jiggyfly, DaDakota and Verbal Christ like this.
  2. marinara

marinara Member

80% of the NBA does drugs lmaooooooooooo

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  3. marinara

marinara Member

The most annoying thing in my case is that dude is clearly working on himself.

If people actually pay attention to what the rockets Social media team post their seems to be a core of 6-8 players who were working together in the offseason.

KPJ, JG, JC, Tate etc but the forum knows better than the rockets management ….

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Are you referring to KPJ? Does he have allegations that he beat his girlfriend? The only accusation I heard was him hitting a woman who was fighting his sister.

jiggyfly likes this.
  5. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Green hate was stupid but it was spearheaded by Bobby and DD so not surpringly wrong. JC didn't really get any hate until the summer league. Tate hate is also minimal but people didn't like his contract considering we drafted Eason. You ever wonder why the board except the same group of people who all like each others posts don't want KPJ? He's a loser. Rockets management must really love him since he doesn't have an extension. Any day now lol

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Give it time, these idiots will eventually be saying he killed his wife.

You almost have to pity them, they've committed to a really stupid take and have almost nothing to work with.

jiggyfly and fchowd0311 like this.
  7. King1

You never hit women. Not surprising Bobby and Chowd support that. KPJ isn't a small dude. He could have intervened without hitting a female.

8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

So we shouldn't correct a claim that someone said KPJ hit his significant other?

I mean there is a difference between a domestic assault between a male partner and a female and a dude hitting a woman who was fighting his sister. I wouldn't have hit the lady also but there is a gradient.

You agree with spreading misinformation?

jiggyfly likes this.
  9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, of course he does. A lie isn't a lie if it's about someone he's crusading against....especially when he doesn't have anything legitimate to go on.

When all you've got is someone defending their sister years ago, a food fight, being there for a teammate who got jumped outside a strip club, and a halftime dispute and you want to paint that player as a serial killer menace to society, you can't let pesky nonsense like truth and honesty get in your way.

marinara, fchowd0311 and chenjy9 like this.
  10. King1

You corrected an incorrect comment. That's fine. He still hit a Woman. We agree then it's not acceptable. I have absolutely no issue with it being corrected and acknowledging. He's a piece of **** for doing it

11. King1

Pom poms. Sad you guys fulfillment is liking each other's posts

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No beating of a girl was ever found, just one dubious story where the girl had zero marks on her......and the police never charged or found any evidence to charge him.

Got anything else, something REAL perhaps?

DD

13. King1

Wow. This we reinforced my comment that anyone who supports KPJ has no intelligence. DD leading the clown parade as always

14. JohnWoo713

JohnWoo713 Member

No top 3 pick to take scoot or nick smith? Trade down to draft ware or lively and Jordan Walsh (trade up if you have to)
    Resign KPJ to a 1yr/ $16m
    KPJ/Ty/Nix
    Green/Gup
    Eason or Walsh
    Jabari/Garuba
    Lively or Ware/Sengun

Assuming Tate is traded at deadline or draft night to trade up
    KMJ??
    Gordon traded or FA

Draft DJ wagner in 2024 and let KPJ walk unless Gup or Ty doesn’t improve which I doubt. No need for 5 guards with heavy minutes

15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

You sound like you are KPJ's lawyer trying to acquit him from some criminal charges. Nobody is accusing him of committing a crime. And few people hate him as a bad guy.

It's not about hate. It's about mistrust. The question is, can we TRUST him to be a key piece of the team when we are ready to contend? A lot of us have plenty of reservation.

Take the example of Rasheed Wallace. The guy had a ton of talent and could have been one of the greatest PFs of all time. But he could not control his emotion and kept letting his team down by getting technicals and ejections at crucial times. He finally came to his senses at around 30. 30! Same with Zach Randolph. The guy was a great player but kept doing dumb things. These guys had different issues. But the common thing is that they were not trustworthy professionals until later in their careers. A lot of us are wary about KPJ for the same reason. And Wallace and Randolph were rated higher in terms of basketball talent early on in their careers than KPJ has so far.

clutchdabear likes this.
  16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I have been all in on tanking. But this is the last year for that. The rockets do not even have their pick in 2024.

The only way I see them getting a top 10 pick that year is trading a young player like KPJ or Sengun along with the Nets pick and swaps to move up from where the Nets pick is at (their 2024 pick is owed to rockets)

17. marinara

marinara Member

Rasheed is retired and was the same his whole career.

KPJ has 3 years in the league.

As much as I love KPJ he COULD become a wasted talented because of personal issues.

He ALSO COULD overcome those issues, mature and fulfil his potential. It is unknown at this point.

It is unknown, his a 22 year old. If people don’t believe in people maturing and learning from their mistakes that is fair enough. Some of his mistakes have also been overblown in my opinion but that is my personal take, as it is the other way for others.

The most logical thing would be to just let it play out another season to see if he either continues to show signs of being mature and also by continuing to mature also as a basketball player also.

Would you write him off at 22 with the talent he has shown and growth he could make? I wouldn’t, if he was 25-26 I would but not as a 22 year old.

jiggyfly and AlperenSengun like this.
  18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This is exactly what most posters are saying. Wait another season and see. No need to give him a long term guaranteed contract now. Few people are totally writing him off. But he has not shown that he is trustworthy at this point.

19. dmoneybangbang

Aside from JR Smith… how does comparing KPJ to Hall of Fame players help? Mentioning Hakeem and KPJ in the same sentence seems disrespectful to the Dream. Also MadMax said he deserved to get slap by the Dream.

Right now, KPJ is just a combo guard who put up good numbers on a very bad team who also was essentially kicked off of his team at USC and the Cavs. Why would we be in a hurry to extend that, except for a very favorable team deal?

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Come on, you are better than that.

You know it is not basketball we are comparing but the maturation process of young men, where it is completely apt as a comparison.

DD