1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trey Mancini to Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Marteen, Aug 1, 2022.

1. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

Welcome to the blocked by that guy club. I got about a month of seniority on you.

Amshirvani and Fulgore like this.
  2. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Aubrey Huff is Cole Beasley before Cole Beasley. Both talk themselves out of their leagues.

3. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

if you’re gonna block @Buck Turgidson and @Snake Diggit in a discussion about baseball, can you go ahead and block me?

You sir are a complete moron and a perfect exemplar of a certain type of person. I will not elaborate as I do not want to talk politics in the Astros section, but it rhymes with Dumper.

Snake Diggit and J_Hunter_1977 like this.
  4. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

cute. Huff was a dick to people. Are you so tribal that you can’t see Huff was a dick to people. Like you know, objectively a dick. He could be a half asian half Mexican, trans, who likes to have sex with squirrels and votes Dem, and guess what … he would still be a dick.

5. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

@Trader_Jorge is hilarious unless we are talking about Jack Easterby. Then he's just an objectively ignorant dick.

6. Buck Turgidson

ADIOS CLOWN BOY

7. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

This is the weirdest thread. Given the blocks I have in place, the last few pages averaged 3 visible posts per page, mainly of people I respect saying they are blocking people I can’t see.

Anyway, it sure was fun to see Mancini exploit the Crawford Boxes just as everyone predicted he would. I really like this trade - good to have more good people to root for.

BigMaloe, Rileydog, YOLO and 4 others like this.
  8. Buck Turgidson

I'm sure this was posted before, I apologize:

BigMaloe, luckyman76, Shark44 and 8 others like this.
  9. Landry's Tooth

I asked them a baseball question about Huff allegedly being a horrible teammate and they got political about trump and getting into his tweets that are irrelevant to what i was asking.

You blaming me for their behavior tells me i should block you since you don't seem to care about accuracy.

So i guess you're right.. good luck.. blocked too...

10. Landry's Tooth

Btw, YOU are the problem. Your statement is exactly the issue. You can't offer anything to support your basis for hating the guy that has anything to do with baseball.

Ironically you're complaining about your own behavior

Stick to sports... that's ultimately why I'm blocking you.

11. Kemahkeith

Kemahkeith Member
    Supporting Member

Why must every Thread on this Board just devolve.
    Are we not better than this.

12. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Offended by the words here?

13. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Never seen a guy so happy to be traded.. looks like he likes this park. Probably got tired of getting beat up by the Yankees. Sweet. Needed that energy boost in the club house too.

14. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

15. IdStrosfan

IdStrosfan Member

Next year the team has some tough decisions ( unless the players choose to leave)

I live this guy and hope he stays an Astro the rest of his career.

Yuli needs to stay in the organization in some capacity but no longer has the bat to be a regular everyday player at 1B.

I really want to see Taylor Jones get a shot at sticking on the 26 man for a big chunk of the season. He is running out of time.

I want to see if David Hensley and Yanier Diaz's big seasons can translate to MLB.

There are only so many roster spots to go around.

16. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Thanks for trying to steer this thread back to Trey--great 1st start!

17. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Given his age, and general lack of game breaking numbers or positional value, Mancini seems like an extremely realistic re-sign candidate.

18. IdStrosfan

IdStrosfan Member

13 position players on the roster

2 will be catchers: Maldy and TBD

Altluve, Bregman, Pena, Alvarez, and Tucker are set.

A CF and guy who can backup CF are required.

A guy or guys who can back up RF, 2B, 3B, and SS also required.

That leaves no more than 3 spots and a starting 1B and maybe LF ( depending on if that is Yordan, the backup CF above, or combination) need to be among them.

It would be nice if Mancini plays well and is comfortable in LF as well as 1B the rest of this season. That skill set is perfect for the needs

But that would likely leave only 1 spot ( max) for Yuli, Taylor Jones, or Matijevic.

19. Amshirvani

Amshirvani Contributing Member

You’re really blocking people because you don’t like what they are saying about a baseball player that you have zero connection with? Because you’re not constantly escalating this issue or subtly infusing politics into it (why else would you be so impassioned to defend an obscure athlete and make a big show on an Internet forum).

the lack of self awareness is truly fascinating. Go ahead and block me too, add to your proverbial safe space.

And they call liberals the snowflakes

awc713, Fulgore, crose and 1 other person like this.
  20. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

101 mph Bat Speed of Trey Mancini is All Star Level

I remember having Trey Mancini on Fantasy Team and he is always consistent in hits and has more Power than Yuli Gurriel. Trey can hit 30 Home Runs at Minute Maid Park

#220 rockets1995, Aug 4, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2022
    No Worries, Fulgore and Snake Diggit like this.