1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2022 Trade Targets

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by HTown2017Champs, May 8, 2022.

1. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

My money is on one of them stepping up especially in the 9 hole with hopefully less pressure and Altuve up after them. I do wish Tucker could play CF as we need a lefty bat in there against righties as Chas has been bad against righties and Myers has just been poor so far no matter the pitchers.

2. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

3. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

If we are cloning just clone Yordan.

4. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Bader is an avg hitter and trading Monty means they really believe in their staff. A staff that rocks a often hurt Sev, a bum shoulder Montas, a rookie who’s pitching too many innings (monitored) in Cortes… they have Cole but idk… it really feels like they are relinquishing hold of top spot for 3/6 seed in playoffs.

phasors28 likes this.
  5. cbass

cbass Member

This is asinine. The grief Click gets from some of the philistines on this thread is ridiculous. All the guy has done is come in and oversee continued excellence, yet some people cry because they didn’t get the short term dopamine hit of a blockbuster trade.

Cool your jets. The Stros know what they’re doing. They have been to 5-straight ALCS’s and are great again this year.

BigMaloe, BigM, RayRay10 and 14 others like this.
  6. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

I get you. I really think that adding two bats and moving Meyers to the 8th/9th is good for him. The Astros felt comfortable with him and Baker did too based on comments. I’m with it tbh. I’d rather have him bat 9th as the “worst” hitter in our lineup (please Yuli play better).

punkoholic likes this.
  7. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

This one made me laugh (hope that outfielder wasn’t actually seriously hurt).

Rockets FTW likes this.
  8. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

So who do you give CF to? Chas or Dubon?

Looks like that's a wrap

9. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

He’s magic.

10. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

Did everyone forget the dumpster fire that was the bullpen in 2021 before the deadline?

Sure, they didn’t win it all, but without Click’s moves they don’t even get past Boston.

Nook, BigMaloe, RayRay10 and 5 others like this.
  11. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

People are crazy over-exaggerating this trade deadline. Read somewhere that the Vasquez and Mancini acquisitions bumped the Stros up to the only team with a .600 expecting winning percentage.

EDIT* It was Fangraphs' Zips projections

12. IdStrosfan

IdStrosfan Member

I am very happy with the Trade Deadline.

The lineup is much deeper and stronger than it was 30 hrs ago.

CF across MLB is very weak and those who are actual improvements over McCormick/Meyers are very rare. Maybe it was simply not to be.

With this pitching, this lineup and defense is good enough.

13. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

They’ve been on the team for 24 hours or so. They aren’t just going to start next day. Don’t be surprised if both are in the game at some point tonight. More so Mancini than Vasquez just due to Vazquez has a lot to learn with the signs, etc. although the ear piece will help.

I’d guess when Javier’s day is done, they could pinch hit Maldy with Vasquez and Mancini will be in there as a pinch hitter somewhere. Would be hilarious is Vazquez hit a HR against Boston. Especially after the comments by Bogaerts today. I’d think both will be in the lineup tomorrow, if not Thursday at latest.

everyday eddie and Amshirvani like this.
  14. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

I think Gurriel will still play most games

15. punkoholic

punkoholic Member

I'll go Chas with Dubon as a backup. Send Meyers to AAA. If it's a mental thing and he's reluctant to do certain things because of his shoulder, have him over come that and hopefully he gets his confidence back.

IowaAstro likes this.
  16. Amshirvani

Amshirvani Contributing Member

What did Xander say? I sure hope you’re right. I really thought Mancini would be in the lineup today

is Mancini expected to play everyday?

17. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Valid point about CF's. There is a reason not many CF's were traded at this deadline. It is rare. any of them that were available were likely not going to be much better, if at all, than Chas/Myers/Dubon. Asking prices were likely incredibly high because those teams know how hard it is to find a replacement above average consistent CFer.

18. awc713

awc713 Member

and have what, 30 wins? Lmao

cbass, javal_lon, YOLO and 1 other person like this.
  19. Elienator

Elienator Member

Just like last year Click addressed some of the teams biggest issues and didn’t give up anyone who was going to be a difference maker.

20. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

What he say?