1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[AMC] Better Call Saul Season 6

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Mar 10, 2022.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I noticed that too. And I agree with @Cannonball , that's what I came here to post.

Somehow, in some way, that last episode is setting up Saul's Denise, I think.

Just not sure how Walt or Jessie fit in....

2. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

They’re back!!!

GRENDEL likes this.
  3. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

remember how you thought breaking bad was going one way then all of a sudden todd and the nazis show up and f*** up their whole world? they were late comers to the show, but totally changed the way everything played out. and walt was the one who brought them in.

i see a parallel b/t that and the two guys saul is involved with. and that speech that mike gave saul at his office was not for nothing. he was warning him not to get involved w/ those two "amateurs" and he did it anyway. and now he is once again getting involved with two amateurs. its going to bite him in the ass bigly.

and think about gus getting involved with amateurs. he had it all set up and ready to roll and walt and jesse came in at the end and f***ed it all up.

theres a theme here!

Salvy, TMac'n, jelanit and 3 others like this.
  4. Surfguy

Surely, Saul gets his in the end. But, we’ll see. I want him to die after this last episode. Somehow, I was able to look past all his other BS up to this last episode but not what he did in this one.

#164 Surfguy, Aug 2, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2022
    GRENDEL and Invisible Fan like this.
  5. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

Such a great episode. Going to miss this show more than BB.

B-Bob likes this.
  6. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

so is mike still doing freelance investigative work while working for gus or was this some kind of quid pro quo. saul is providing mike with info and contacts?

i cant remember at this point, but mike was working for gus the whole time, correct. he didnt quit b/t BCS and BB timelines.

7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

This kinda feels like a deleted ending for the Director's cut of Goodfellas.

Don't remember, but Mike and Gus has always had a gentlemans agreement of Gus not micromanaging Mike's business, with Mike having the pride of not feeling owned and also the pride of keeping his word and loyalty.

jo mama likes this.
  8. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

It was interesting, the first guy they pulled the con on was an ******* and you could argue he "deserved" it. The last guy was nice, and had cancer, and Saul didn't give a crap. He still wanted to go after the guy.

I think this shows that Saul resents Walt and blames him for what his life is now. Walt was a "nice" guy with cancer so now Saul wants to exact his "revenge" on this new mark. To the point where he's being careless. They'd always covered their tracks before but now he's blatantly breaking in, and he's probably wrong about the risk of the barbiturates wearing off.

Also, Marion is starting to catch on that Gene's relationship with Jeff isn't entirely positive.

GRENDEL, ryan_98, Andre0087 and 6 others like this.
  9. omgTHEpotential

You're spot on about the parallel between the last guy and Walt. It seems obvious now that you mention it, but I didn't even think about that.

Andre0087, ROCKSS and Surfguy like this.
  10. Salvy

Salvy Member

Watch the cops be there for another house and no the one Saul is breaking into....

ROCKSS likes this.
  11. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

So, I did like Jesse and Walt coming back and Walter looked exactly like he did in B&B but Jesse looked like an old man compared to how he looked at the end of BB

Salvy likes this.
  12. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

The last guy was on big bang theory wasn't he? was he the comic book store guy?

Ziggy likes this.
  13. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I finally watched season 6. I was waiting for the season to be mostly over so I could binge.

The Lalo and Howard storyline concluded satisfyingly.

Gene's story is still TBD. We don't know where it's going, and the writers always do a slow build up. In crunch time as the finale draws closer, I can understand everyone's anxiety about how it ends. I'll trust the writers know what they're doing.

14. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What was said on that phone call to Florida?

Surfguy likes this.
  15. Salvy

Salvy Member

They should have de aged him, it really broke me away from the nostalgia.... Walt nailed his role, Jesse not so much.... Maybe its just me...

ROCKSS likes this.
  16. Salvy

Salvy Member

Saul called and asked for Kim, then they started talking about

Surfguy likes this.
  17. Invisible Fan

Maybe...Feds called me, so I wanted to check up on you.

And...Sorry I moved on, remarried and changed my last name.

18. Surfguy

There was a big argument going on. She was like, “why the f are you calling me? Get lost!”. He realized he f-ed up calling her.

19. Invisible Fan

Yeah like...Feds called me, I can't believe you propped up a Chem Teacher Kingpin who destroyed thousands of lives.

I already moved on. Don't call me ever again.

...Or maybe she moved back to her trailer park, Found Jesus through a man named Dale, and let herself balloon 100+ more pounds.

omgTHEpotential likes this.
  20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

They're BAD for each other. ONE call with Kim and Gene is back to Slippin Jimmie.