1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Vernon Maxwell tells Gilbert Arenas playing MJ, thoughts of Morant etc . Language not for newbs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Aug 1, 2022.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

2. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Madd Maxx looking fit! Talking ****.

3. tinman

Supporting Member

‘Big African’ = Dream
    For them newbs

I hate how Dream never gets respect, they should ask how was it playing with Dream. Max has to point out how Will Purdue and Cartright would get waxed by Dream

4. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

as if they were the only two. Ostertag, of all people, could give Dream problems. Eaton and Rick the Big Dutchie could, too. All tall, pretty immobile guys who didn’t move so couldn’t be deked out.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  5. Caesar

Caesar Member

Mike is the goat with a huge gap from #2, but can we just talk about how competitive the 94 Playoffs were instead? That was amazing. 7 game series everywhere and and a few 5 game series in the 1st(best of 5 at the time) with the Nuggets kicking off the sweet upset..8th seed over 1st seed Seattle for the 1st time ever and then they took Utah 7 which would have been so much sweeter and even though the Rockets beat the Jazz in 5, that was a super close series too.

94 through 95 was so awesome because the league had so much parity and we came out on top both times.

94 playoffs was the basketball equivalent to edging.
    95 started out edging but then from WCF on, it was just a full on explosion Randy Marsh style

tinman likes this.
  6. tinman

Supporting Member

Unfortunately the media will never acknowledge the Rockets championships for what they are , championships.
    San Antonio had to win like 3 or 4 titles before the media stopped talking about LeBron (briefly)
    When the Lakers or Celtics win, it's the greatest thing ever.

Notice how nobody talks about the Raptors championship or the Bucks.

We fall in the category as the media does not want to acknowledge our titles.
    Especially because we beat the Knicks. They would have NEVER STOPPED TALKING ABOUT IT, if the Knicks beat us.
    Never mention Dream or the Rockets on ESPN, FOX, etc. Only TNT because Kenny was there (as so was Shaq and Barkley who we defeated)

Mr.Scary and Caesar like this.
  7. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Max is HILARIOUS but real! That's why I couldn't never put LeBron ahead of MJ. MJ went through hell; Pistons, Knicks, Pacers, Hawks, etc. The East Conf was brutal back in the day.

8. Caesar

Caesar Member

You seen this one, the bit about Hakeem's hands had me dead

Bearius Jones and tinman like this.
  9. tinman

Supporting Member

this is 'KEEPING IT REAL'
    lol!!

'ETONICS'
    @Jontro

Caesar and Jontro like this.
  10. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

I was dyiing hahahaha

Caesar and tinman like this.
  11. Jontro

Jontro Member

i can confirm dream’s hands be like sandpaper. first they’re bigger than my feet, then they rouuugh af frfr. if dream slapped me, the skin on my face would peel off

Caesar likes this.
  12. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

in the event this is unclear, none as in none of the top centers of the day equaled Dream. Only a small handful of 2nd or 3rd raters were ‘problems’. The man was a a man on the hardwood. And off.