1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2022 Trade Targets

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by HTown2017Champs, May 8, 2022.

1. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Seems sellers are holding out for highest/best offer, which they may already have. However, its prudent to hold on to see if someone caves and gives them more.

This may go down to the deadline or until someone meets the price the seller has determined they want. Of course, if a couple of deals start to be made they may lose out on the best deal. This appears to be the situation for guys like Bell, Contreras, etc.

As @IdStrosfan fan said above, I'd rather see what Leon and Diaz have then give up Urquidy for a rental or below market value. I do believe it makes sense to sell Odo for prospects. Patience is so damn hard, hope we make the right moves that set us up to win it all this year.

chievous minniefield likes this.
  2. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

If we can get JD Martinez I would be sooo happy.

BigMaloe, Fulgore and everyday eddie like this.
  3. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed. When I first heard the rumor, I thought it was Brandon Lowe... he plays mostly 2nd where we've got a pretty good guy, but based on his history, has played some time in left, and even first and right.

Josh Lowe and Jose Siri have basically the same number of major league plate appearances in the last 2 years (196 v. 200) -- Siri's OPS is about 10 points higher. Siri's also produced at a higher level in the minors over the same time period, and by most accounts is a truly elite defensive player in CF. Lowe seems to project as an above average corner outfielder defensively, and maybe okay in center.

I guess Lowe is a couple years younger (24 vs. 26), but it's not like we're talking about a 21 year old who struggled in his first taste of the majors. Lowe was a top 50 level prospect coming into the year, which puts him a bit ahead of Korey Lee. I don't see why you'd have confidence in him contributing in the majors this year any more than Siri -- or Chas for that matter. Giving up a controllable, proven rotation arm for him is a big bet that he's going to be materially better as a long term outfield option than Siri, Leon, Chas, Durden, Barber, etc -- especially given a bat first left fielder is one of the cheaper finds in the free agent market, usually.

4. CinematicFusion

5. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Agreed.

6. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

F5 for the next 36 hours commences...

7. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

Lowe is what we think we have with Meyer if healthy.

8. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Based on what?

9. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Click he’s doing everything but begging. Trade for him and give him an extension. DO IT

DreamR, BigMaloe, mikol13 and 5 others like this.
  10. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The only thing on the market that is at a premium price is pitching besides Juan Soto. Both starting and relief pitching. Houston isn't in the market for a starter. Houston has been rumored for a lefty at of the pen.

There is no excuse for Click not to land Bell or someone even better to improve the team via offense. Houston has pitching to trade that other teams are desperate to get. I just dont want to see a pitcher traded for a rental.

If Tampa Bay rumor comes together, that will be a epic fail.

Wulaw Horn and htownrox1 like this.
  11. CinematicFusion

12. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

People I know in Korea who supposedly have ties to his fam are saying. Who knows if its true. I hope it isn't.

13. CheezeyBoy22

Supporting Member

Brandon Drury could be another target.

14. Qan

Qan Member

So a bunch of hearsay.

Yordan The Great likes this.
  15. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

If it’s a rental and we are only signing one bat, I would take Drury over Bell because of the flexibility to play 3b,2b,1b, and corner outfields, plus the asking price is probably lower.

CheezeyBoy22 likes this.
  16. CheezeyBoy22

Supporting Member

I strongly believe Houston should be looking for two bats. It would different if Brantley was making progess.

17. CinematicFusion

18. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

Hogwash. The player is the LAST one to know. Choi has zero idea of if he is being traded and to which team.

19. Deuce Rings

Deuce Rings Contributing Member

I’ve seen reticence from others on this board, but Mullins is a player I would definitely consider giving up starting pitching for, and more so than for a Josh Bell. No he hasn’t been all-Star Mullins of last year with the power lacking, but the guy is top 25 MLB in hits and fills a most definite position of need

#3679 Deuce Rings, Aug 1, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2022
    CinematicFusion likes this.
  20. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

CF is starting to look like the biggest need on this team.

Meyers, Siri's, Dubon's and McCormick's AB's this year against good pitching has been largely non competitive.

Calling it now.

We get a CF and a platoon lefty for 1B.

Too much smoke for Bell right now.

That report from Rosenthal last night was interesting. Why do you need to announce that a team is ready to give up the goods.

Have the Nats stopped taking the Astros calls?