1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Garuba is looking like a miss

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jayhow92, Dec 27, 2021.

1. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Sure man. You said it’s 50% full of **** when it’s 100% true regardless of what arbitrary extrapolations you apply to it. I didn’t say it means he’s unquestionably amazing, I’ve been talking **** about him for a while now since that photo emerged.

You’re just really motivated to go on long rants if I say I single nice thing about him even within a sea of criticism. I’m just stating as a fact that he’s the youngest starter in Real Madrid history and that meanT something in the past.

I get it. You don’t value European experience like most people. We all get it. I don’t understand why you’re so bought into repaint and dramatizing it, but you do you man.

mickey_angelo and D-rock like this.
  2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

"In the past" - but actually doesn't mean very much, all things considered, but yet you posted it anyway and used it as the foundation for the lie about his glittering resume opposed to Barnyard Legend Billy Spanoulis.

A lie that upon any inspection disintegrates, just like the "graded out highest" bullshit.

Anyway even if i accept your antiquated vision that fails to recognize that g league is now considered by most knowledgeable observers to be the best league in the world outside the Association - he still has nothing great to shout about by any metric! A handful of games. Solid at best numbers on very few minutes.

Followed by a very mediocre rookie season. A DNP summer league spent in the buffet line. Maybe that's why I'm not as impressed as you

#742 SamFisher, Jul 30, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2022
  3. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Again, you’re just assuming your opinions are facts like “doesn’t mean very much” and then a random opinion like g league is the best non nba league according to “observers”. Then you keep building on this weak foundation and asking why we’re not discussing the building.

Back to the point: you can evade all you like, I’m just saying I stated a 100% fact and you said it’s only 50% true. That’s not a realistic discussion it’s like bargaining about facts. A discussion can’t go anywhere like that as I predicted right at the start.

Like right now you’re mad that I said Garuba did something that I consider more difficult than Vspan and Dmo ever did and that it’s sad he hasn’t lived up to it. You’re just so invested in “g league is better than Europe” so “what you do in Europe doesn’t matter as much as college or g league” kind of mentality and no one is interested in that discussion.

We got it, you love American things a lot. It’s just an incredibly boring debate to me and I offered to not have it but you couldn’t help yourself. It was so obviously a predictable thing to discuss and look at it now. Just as predicted, we weren’t able to move each other an inch and you went about debating a fact. What’s the point of that? What a waste of time. That part is on me for engaging. Peace out.

4. SamFisher

10,000 words and you haven't tried to support this myth:

Fortunately and unfortunately, Garuba’s European success is far more impressive than Dmo or Vspan.
    Keep posting it will be 50% true one day.

5. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Right, because what you call 50% true has any kind of credibility.

Anyone who would like to discuss my opinion about the relevance of Garuba's record is welcome to ask. I disregarded your request because you made something up just to grandstand, it's not really relevant to everyone else.

mickey_angelo and D-rock like this.
  6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Garuba would be a perfect fit for next year's TBT -- assuming he continues to improve.

SamFisher likes this.
  7. SamFisher

10,056 words and you haven't tried to support this myth:

Fortunately and unfortunately, Garuba’s European success is far more impressive than Dmo or Vspan.​
    Keep posting and you can make 43% true one day

8. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Was listening to the clutch fuel podcast and the point was raised that the rockets never really signed a backup center. The Bruno contract is just a camp contract. It’s clear they are gonna run Garuba out there for at least 12 min a game backing up Sengun. I’m okay with that since we are tanking and we really need to find out what we have in Garuba, but it’s a clear signal that we are fully invested in the tank this year.

BigMaloe, clos4life, xiki and 5 others like this.
  9. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

I like it a lot if Garuba get minutes. I don't see any point in playing Bruno, unless we want to keep him in the coming years. Better see what he can do with the team for 12 minutes, than play him 30 minutes in the g-league.

clos4life and D-rock like this.
  10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Were VSpan or D-mo more accomplished overseas at 18-years-old? Genuinely curious.

Garuba starting on a bigz stocked Spain IS pretty damn impressive, IMO.

BigMaloe, xiki, Invisible Fan and 3 others like this.
  11. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Mathloom should be banned for wasting so much space and time with his useless commentary….think you’re being kind with the 10,056 words.

12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Yeah I get that. It’s why I worded it like that. Just taking a total amount of min and dividing it.

From little of what I remember he looks like an NBA player to me. I’m betting he will have a pretty decent and long career.

mikenm268 likes this.
  13. Rokman

Rokman Member

Tanking this year is gonna suck. Everyone is going to be doing it!! There will probably be like 8 teams trying to tank. Silvers head is probably going to explode!

14. lionaire

lionaire Member

UG physique update:

edit:

Wednesday, September 7, 2021

14.30 CEST Turkey – Spain

Potential Al P vs UG matchup

BigMaloe, D-rock, red5rocket and 2 others like this.
  15. KingCheetah

I didn't realize he was so slow.

@SamFisher

16. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

He will be alright. The game will eventually slow down for him.

17. SamFisher

Metric system bro -look into it.

He plays like it's much slower for him already.

danoman and KingCheetah like this.
  18. KingCheetah

Garuba out there running in a dream IRL.

19. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I’m reserving judgment on the man until he gives me something to judge him on. October won’t be enough. The season may be insufficient.

FWIW - slowest developing NBAers traditionallyare the bigs.

D-rock likes this.
  20. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He looks...fat.

wlekfjv923n likes this.