1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chapter 2: Welcome to The Jalen Green Experience

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Feb 27, 2022.

1. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Major OOF.

xaos and jnuge90 like this.
  2. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

JG getting major hate for vibing with wife beater's music on social media. Tbh I don't think he even knows about the domestic violence.

As long as he doesn't have Deshuan Watson tendencies off the court, I don't really care what he does.

3. PatBev

PatBev Member

Lol I’m sure you a coworker drops the bag like Bridges did it gets talked around the workplace

Green would have to be borderline plain ignorant to not know about the domestic violence

jiggyfly likes this.
  4. i3artow i3aller

5. i3artow i3aller

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

those are some major struggle bars by Miles wife beater Bridges

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  7. xaos

xaos Member

Come on Green what are you doing

8. i3artow i3aller

Meh, he sang a lyric from a bad song by an even worse artist. Internet proceeds to overreact. Are the rookies suddenly bad kids for playing with Lamb?

clos4life and Rockets4Life13 like this.
  9. xaos

xaos Member

Not a good comparison. I'm a huge Green supporter and if I were in his inner circle I'd tell him to his face that it's dumb to post a video of you jamming to a song from an NBA player who allegedly just beat his wife...

jiggyfly and clos4life like this.
  10. i3artow i3aller

Singing along to a song is not an endorsement or sign of support. People are reaching. The league idolizes Kobe despite what he was accused of. Are those that speak of him in a positive light now somehow guilty of something?

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

people will post themselves jamming to Young Thug’s music, and he’s being charged with like 5 murders

people still play Travis Scott

Jalen Green should have better taste in music tho because that song is absolute trash…these NBA players really need to stay out the booth

That song Cade Cunningham just dropped? Nah son, please stop

Lillard is probably the best NBA rapper, and his music still gets no play on my Spotify

12. i3artow i3aller

This is the correct take. Clutchfans finna burn down if Green is ever caught humming "I Believe I Can Fly" or found watching "Rosemary's Baby" during a horror movie night.

13. CXbby

CXbby Member

LOL. The same dudes coping right now are the ones making excuses for Green all season long. Imagine if it was KPJ who did this, these exact same people would be freaking out. Personally I don’t care what music Green wants to listen to, but the irony from these nutriders is too delicious.

jiggyfly likes this.
  14. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Last year I would have thought Green listened to Boy George. I’m proud of him for listening to loser rappers, he’s got that street credit back.

who cares?

15. xaos

xaos Member

Meh my support for Green hasn't changed one bit and I don't think he's endorsing beating your wife. Maybe you're the one overreacting to me. I think when you're in the public eye there's a certain lense on you and things get misinterpreted. I just think it was a bad idea due to optics.

Also, yeah I'd say him jamming to RKelly is bad optics too.

No one respects a wife beater or a pedo and sex trafficker and whatever else you want to call RKelly.

16. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Y’all know @Jontro scored 69 points last night in his middle school game while listening to Taylor swift on his AirPods?

Hes a gay legend.

jiggyfly, i3artow i3aller and Jontro like this.
  17. xaos

xaos Member

You say that like as the season went on Green didn't have an amazing stretch and some of the barriers that were removed didn't have a single thing to do with it.

18. i3artow i3aller

No one is questioning your support of a player. It's really not that serious. I said the internet overreacted and it had. People were online calling for Green's demise and an end to his career over this ridiculous clip. You don't like the optics, that's fine. Hopefully you've done your due diligence when looking into any and all bands or brands that you enjoy. You might be surprised what skeletons you find lurking. Could be problematic given your inability to separate art from the artist. That however should not be some indictment upon you even if the optics aren't up to snuff..

19. xaos

xaos Member

This could go on and on and I don't like dragging small stuff especially with people I like, which you're definitely one of them. I say we drop it and move on

20. Jontro

Jontro Member

yo fr tho… taytay ain’t no joke. she has those azn eyes, super white butt, but us blek would hiddit

jiggyfly and RasaqBoi like this.