1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alperen is our best player.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Dec 10, 2021.

1. i3artow i3aller

2. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

What part of Tanking do you not understand? The "T" or the "anking"

Parrot

D-rock and fckbandwagons like this.
  3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

4. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

If Sengun put up a statline like: 15 points, 8 boards, 3 assists and 2 stocks next season... you good with that?

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  5. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

If he is averaging 3 assists, I would say he is not utilized properly. Other than that I think it looks good.

13-17 pts 3.5-5 assists 7-9 boards 2-3 stocks less than 3 fouls and less than 2 turnovers

6. Dankstronaut

Supporting Member

I basically mind-mathed some 100 possession stats to account for his coming increase in minutes. That's about how many assists he'd have gotten this year with 30-35 minutes a night. Do you feel like he wasn't properly utilized last season?

Assists are a weird stat because it involves the other guy making the shot. Maybe 4-5 assists is an easy get for him this season with guys looking to score off his playmaking more? I think you could point to improvement in early season/late season Green. Porter. Even Tate, should the reports on his 3 ball be true. Not hard to argue Smith is probably a better shooter than Wood too.

Still, I don't think too many should balk at that statline. If he's staying healthy, staying in good graces with the refs those numbers out of a second year center are dynamic.

aaquaa and AroundTheWorld like this.
  7. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

Last year he got his most minutes with KJ Martin. And generally with the second unit. He should definitely do better with Green and KPJ (and jabari). So I expect an improvement in assist rate as well, hence more than 3 in total. Departing of Wood may also result in better ball movement and more assists for everyone.

Believe It!, aaquaa and Dankstronaut like this.
  8. i3artow i3aller

9. Dankstronaut

Supporting Member

Fair points as well. I mean idk how likely but it's possible he puts in 5+ assists a game. If he's at even 12-13 points, with 5-6 assists and 8 rebounds that seems like...idk...Most Improved Player award territory?

aaquaa likes this.
  10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Jokic averaged 5 assists per game in his 2nd season, playing only 28 mpg. (No, they didn't have Silas as their HC. ;))

Not saying Sengun will be the second coming of the Joker. But their rookie numbers in ppg, apg, and mpg are quite similar. Sengun has the same uncanny court vision. Jokic is a much better shooter. That may be the main difference. When the defense respects your shooting, it opens up a lot of things.

Believe It! likes this.
  11. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

100% he wasn't utilized properly. Did you actually think they did? Dude barely was involved in offense at all. Silas had no clue what he could do it and it showed.

12. Dankstronaut

Supporting Member

I'll take it. Hopefully we don't find his ceiling for years to come.

Yeah it wasn't too far off. I guess at the end when Wood was shut down they could've leaned on his post game a little more but I don't know that he'll be setting up like Dream every time down the floor. I think him playing the dribble hand off game is really effective, not that their offense was cohesive but he did work in that situation. It's going to happen more naturally due to playing time.

AroundTheWorld, aaquaa and Easy like this.
  13. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

There is also sweet memories of Tate waving off Sengun and other players not making the entry pass when Sengun completely locked his man.

D-rock, Believe It!, hakeem94 and 3 others like this.
  14. i3artow i3aller

15. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Can't believe how many of these shots his teammates missed. Like wow....

16. Joe Willie

Joe Willie Member

I was thinking the exact same thing…

cmoak1982 likes this.
  17. Rokman

Rokman Member

If Sengun doesn't win Rookie of the Year next year I'm gonna give everyone on here $100!! That's how much I believe in him!! I mean, come'on man!!

(In Monopoly money)

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Nah. Jalen Green will win it next year. Sengun will win it in 2024. Jabari Smith will have to wait for his turn till 2025. :D

clos4life and Rokman like this.
  19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

should be the lead guard on this team...the very moment he gets the ball, things get dangerous, everything is right in the world and he knowns exactly what do with it...hes not beating around the bush...
    all other rockets just plain struggle with both creation, attacking the rim, ideas and clarity, merely fancy dribbling around or chucking 3 pointers over the hands of defenders...sengun OTH has a plan the very moment he receives the ball wherever on the court it happens to be...

clos4life and aaquaa like this.
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member