1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How much will KPjr make per year on the next deal?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Feb 23, 2022.

?

How much will KPjr make per year on the next deal?

1. 5-6

2. 7-8

3. 9-10

4. 11-13

5. 14-17

6. 18-22

7. 23-26

8. I don't care as long as it's not us footing the bill

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. CXbby

CXbby Member

I never argued Jalen was unusually inefficient his rookie year. He was bad the first half and great the second half. You can play with numbers however you like, can’t change the fact that everyone here actually watched this happen with our own eyes.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

This sums up humans in the year of 2022 quite well on the internet. Hopefully over time things will get better. May take decades though.

3. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I don't know why you keep arguing that, even when facts clearly don't show that. Frankly, he was bad in first 1/4 season, average in his next 1/4, and then really good in his last 1/2 of the season.

4. CXbby

CXbby Member

Did you even read this tweet that your buddy was quoting? Hint: You have to go to the tweet to see the full image.

cuz what you are describing, ain’t it. Unless we are ignoring the worst stretch of the season for him when he averaged 10 points on 26% fg and 14% from 3?

5. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I have no idea what point you're trying to make at this point, since frankly, you're switching every other post to whatever isn't proven wrong yet.

No one is ignoring his bad stretches, averages exist because it factors in both good and bad stretches. Obviously, you can play around with where you place the cut-off point to make averages look better, but at the end of the day, whilst he was consistently ROY good in the 2nd half, he had both good and bad stretches in the first half.

For example, we can break it down by months. He was averaging 16/3/2 on TS 56% in November and December (15 games), which are pretty good numbers for any rookie, especially at his efficiency. This stretch was preceded by a poor first 6 games in October, and a poor next 14 games in January. After that, he completely blew up and was good all the way from February to April (32 games), with his monthly TS% going from, 57% to 59% to 62% over 3 months, and his monthly point averages going from 17 to 21 to 29 over that same period.

In other words, when you break it down, he's had ups and downs in his first half, but he was consistently good in his second half. Don't take this the wrong way, but you can try using basketball reference or nba stats to actually analyze his numbers yourself, because you don't seem too interested in doing any research and instead switching the goal post.

6. CXbby

CXbby Member

I swear you people are deranged. All this because I said Jalen was bad in the first half and got much better in the second half. What exactly are you trying to prove? That he was great all year? Are you delusional? You are going in circles like a clown talking about good stretch and bad stretches, who the hell cares, put those stretches together and how did he do in the first half of the season? I know you know the fking answer because you are the one posting about how shty he was the first half of the season.
    Lmao you are so caught up in telling me I’m wrong that you are going in circles disproving yourself. Before you try to figure out what point I’m trying to make why don’t you stop embarrassing yourself talking out both sides of your mouth. If someone had a crappy season at 50%ts, is your logic no I can’t say that he had a crappy season because there was a 10 game stretch that you Cherry picked where he was 60%ts? That’s your point? Stfu. Jalen sucked in the first half. Jalen balled out the second half. He made major improvements, end of story.

#426 CXbby, Jul 29, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2022
    Plowman and Downtown Sniper like this.
  7. CXbby

CXbby Member

Are you trying to prove that he DIDN’T improve? What a joke. Stop wasting everyone’s time and get back to the topic which isn’t even Jalen.

8. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

In two consecutive posts, you managed to say:

1. "Are you just going to ignore the stretch of games where he was bad to say he was good?"
    2. "Are you just going to cherry pick the stretch of games where he was good to say he isn't bad?"

Perhaps you don't understand what up and down is, it means he has stretches of good and bad. This is what you get when you break Jalen Green's month by month averages in his first half, but he was then consistently really good in his 2nd half. The point is he was average in the 1st half,

You seem unreasonably upset over this, but you are right, this isn't about Jalen Green. Frankly, I was just pointing out your ridiculous assertion that Jalen Green was bad twice as much as he was good.

9. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

This is my favorite way to split up JGs game in the KPJ contract thread if anyone cares

JG’s First 18 games prior to injury

49.8 TS%
    -20.8 net rating

JG’s Final 49 after injury lay-off
    56.2 TS% (League average 56.6%)
    -7.9 net rating (Gordon led team at -6.0 over that same time span)

theDude and ApacheWarrior like this.
  10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Who says they have to walk on eggshells?

It's another fan-created myth.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

LOL wut?

Gordon had a hell of a lot more issues than being an alcoholic and is a whole other level of loser.

The fact that you are comparing the 2 and then claiming Gordon is somehow a better teammate shows you d9n't have a clue.

WTF did KPJ do to you?

How many chances has Gordon had?

12. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Gordon was one of the best WRs in football outside of his substance abuse. That's why he got many chances. Plus, he's not I n the team I root for so he isn't my problem. KPJ is unfortunately.
    Personally, obviously nothing but he's a quitter with an attitude problem

13. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The person I was responding to is who said it.

14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yeah, he did and you just seem to take it as fact.

15. i3artow i3aller

JG struggled for maybe 22/67 games and the trolls say he played terribly for at least half the season and upwards of 66%. Yeaaauh that's not how math works. In reality he played well for over two-thirds of the season. Unsure why that is so upsetting to some :confused::rolleyes:

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  16. i3artow i3aller

17. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

Let's tone this down a notch or ten and remember that we are all friends here.

In my opinion as the Official Statistical Genius of Clutchfans, you reached faulty conclusions based on insufficient analysis that failed to take basic statistical principles into account. This would have been remedied had you asked me to peer review your work prior to publishing it, but you recklessly forged ahead without peer review and were called out on it. Let us treat this as a lesson and learning experience rather than getting upset about it.

Statistics do not lie. Only people do.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So....if that's your theory, why was he still a net negative for the season? Why was the team worse with him on the court than when he was on the bench?

The obvious is that he was abysmally terrible for a lot of the season and his stellar play after the All Star game wasn't enough to make up for the hole he dug himself.....but you want to pretend that he was awesome for 2/3 of the season....so why was he still in a hole? KPJ wasn't.

I mean, you guys can still be fans without having to be completely blind about it.

19. i3artow i3aller

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I do like though how the delusional superfan narrative has shifted over time.

We went from, he's not going to struggle to he's not struggling, to of course he's struggling he's only 15, to he only struggled for 5 games.....I suppose it won't be long till the superfan narrative is that he never struggled.

LOL, you crazy kids. You aren't betraying your hero by being honest about what happened. Green struggled for most of the season then turned things around after the All Star game and was amazing for the rest of the season. It was a really positive development.

Even better though is that the delusional superfans are pushing the narrative so hard in a thread completely unrelated to Jalen Green.