1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Shams] Durant requests trade out of Brooklyn

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by zeeshan2, Jun 30, 2022.

1. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

shut up for being smart. Lol

TheJuice likes this.
  2. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

would Kevin Durant pull any girls if he wasn’t a nba player? @Jontro

hell no or hellll no?

BallSoHarden and Jontro like this.
  3. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

On the one hand, he's tall, has a beard, and plays video games.

OTOH he seems kind of whiny/clingy. Like I could see him crying after sex or asking a girl to marry him after a first date.

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

yes, because he'd tell girls he plays in the nba and his name is evan mobley.

5. Salvy

Salvy Member

The same way I see you crying when you log off Clutchfans....

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  6. J.R.

J.R. Member

7. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Celtics would be making a big mistake, giving up Jaylen Brown for Durant. Much less plus picks.
    KD isn't going to stay healthy and only provides a small window. ( load management too)
    Brown is so much younger with a bunch of talent.
    They just made it to the Finals and acquitted themselves well against GS. No way I do this deal.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Durant requested a trade from Brooklyn on June 30, according to sources, and after active discussions between the Nets and interested teams in early July, conversations have slowed down. The Nets have set an incredibly high threshold for the return the franchise wants in a Durant trade — a two-time NBA champion, two-time Finals MVP, a former league MVP and 12-time All-Star — and teams have not come close to meeting their price yet.

Durant has shown no change in his stance, sources say, and executives from across the league at the Las Vegas Summer League this month wondered whether his status for training camp could be in question via holdout should no trade develop.

After the Phoenix Suns matched Indiana’s $133 million maximum offer sheet to Deandre Ayton, the list of suitors for Durant became clearer. With Ayton currently unable to be traded, the Suns appear to be all but eliminated from the Durant sweepstakes. The Toronto Raptors and Miami Heat remain among the teams in pursuit — and the Boston Celtics recently offered a package around one-time All-Star Jaylen Brown for Durant and have emerged as a real threat to acquire Durant, league sources tell The Athletic.

The Celtics offered Brown, guard Derrick White and a draft pick to the Nets for Durant, sources said. The proposal was rejected, and Brooklyn has asked Boston — in any proposal — to include Brown, Defensive Player of the Year Marcus Smart, draft picks and potentially one more rotation player, those sources added. Currently, the Celtics are less inclined to include Smart along with multiple other player or pick assets, but the franchise is mulling over next steps on how to approach discussions.

As of right now, the Celtics have emerged as a serious possibility as a landing spot for Durant. They have tremendous interest in bringing him and view him as a piece that could take them over that final hurdle. Although there is work to be done, there is a deal to be had that would suffice the Nets’ overwhelming ask.

No deal for Durant is imminent, and as August and then September loom, the real desire of interested teams will become clear to the Nets. Brooklyn’s front office, led by general manager Sean Marks, has set a high price on the Durant market while constructing a team that gives the organization confidence in its ability to contend should the team bring the roster, as is, into training camp. The onus is on the interested parties to come to the table on meeting the price for one of the NBA’s greatest ever players. The Utah Jazz moved Rudy Gobert to the Minnesota Timberwolves for a package including multiple players, their 2022 first-round pick in Walker Kessler, four future first-rounders and a draft pick swap — which has somewhat increased the market value for Durant and the Nets’ desire for All-Star caliber players and picks.

Salvy and Plowman like this.
  9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

LOL Net's not getting anything better than Jaylen Brown IMO. He's a 25 year old all-star and if they get a few picks with it then that's gravy.

They really want a team to gut themselves for Durant which isn't realistic. No team acquiring Durant is going to gut themselves, they are acquiring a 33 year old Durant to contend RIGHT away.

This is the best young player I could see them getting so I'm kinda expecting it to get done. Maybe a third team gets involved or something.

B-Bob likes this.
  10. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

No way Celtics give up Marcus Smart nor should they. I’d be hesitant to give up Brown. Tatum and Durant against the Warriors would be a great Finals matchup though.

Sucks for Houston as Brown and Simmons isn’t likely going to hit rock bottom.

11. Soneca

Soneca Member

Given the circunstances, I definately wouldn't mind being the proud owner of the draft stock of a team where Jaylen Brown is the main guy :cool:

wink3 likes this.
  12. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I like this from a Rockets perspective.

because it’s hard to imagine getting more than Brown plus picks and filler for KD. I know the Nets want the moon, but KD is an aging star with lots of games missed the last 3 years.

some folks are saying they have to add Marcus Smart to that. Seems too much to me.

conversely I get the Nets view which wound be Brown plus nothing and **** picks from the Celtics isn’t getting the Nets anywhere really. That’s why I like it for the Rockets!

13. Major

Major Member

Right now, Boston is in a pretty equal mix with Milwaukee, Miami, and Philly in the East depending on each team's health. Trade Brown + junk for Durant and they become the clear cut favorite the next few years. It seems like a no-brainer for Boston, and it's unlikely Nets get anyone better than Brown. This seems like the most likely deal in the end, unless Durant has no interest in Boston.

RHU525 and JumpMan like this.
  14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Durant porking Kyrie's ex-franchise is a slap in the face.

Automatic IG ban...official AND burners.

Jontro likes this.
  15. i3artow i3aller

16. i3artow i3aller

17. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Yeah... I'm not sure I would pull this particular trigger.
    I mean, if Brown and Tatum have too many similarities, how does that improve with Tatum and Durant?

18. i3artow i3aller

19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

It has to be really enticing that if were possible to get Barnes to give the nets picks back for him.

Barnes/Green/Jabari/Sengun is legit

What kind of guard could you get to pair with Green with the 2023 pick?

20. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Barnes just won ROY and looks like a large playmaking and scoring wing who can defend multiple positions. He is like the prototype of the perfect NBA player right now... if BKN are making a deal for him, I see little chance they take back their picks in the hopes of drafting someone like him....

I'm not suggesting Barnes is a sure-fire HoF guy, but BKN would be angling for him on the assumption that he has a lot of growth left. I truly don't see them flipping him for some picks back (unless we give them all, which is not worth it...)