1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How much will KPjr make per year on the next deal?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Feb 23, 2022.

?

How much will KPjr make per year on the next deal?

1. 5-6

2. 7-8

3. 9-10

4. 11-13

5. 14-17

6. 18-22

7. 23-26

8. I don't care as long as it's not us footing the bill

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. PatBev

PatBev Member

I’m surprised they didn’t call him selfish for not including Jabari lol

surprised their officials pages retweeted. Be awkward if no extension

2. CXbby

CXbby Member

One player doesn’t dictate the overall record. Kpj was a big negative first year in Hou, he was closer to +0 last year. Only positive on the team was Wood last year. Jalen was the most negative player in the league first half of the year, and climbed his way back a bit by season end. For instance. If Jalen can be a +0 next year that’s a huge leap.

for the total team record there’s a lot more moving pieces and changing players.

#402 CXbby, Jul 28, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2022
    jiggyfly likes this.
  3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, and he was one of the only net positive players on the team.

Turns out it's still a team game, who knew?

4. CXbby

CXbby Member

His ft% also dipped inexplicably last year, contributing to the flat efficiency. Finishing should get better next year with better spacing and more Sengun facilitating. Will have to prove that his 3% is for real. His assist/TO ratio last year improved a lot in the second half of the season vs first half, same for Jalen.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

A big part of what helped KPJ's numbers was Jalen no longer being so terrible. Green was by far the guy KPJ looked to set up more than anyone else. When he was scrubbing it up in the first half of the season, a ton of would be assists were nothing instead. When Green was no longer wasting those opportunities after the all star game, it helped balloon KPJ's assist numbers.

If Jalen Green stays hot, and Smith can come in hitting open 3's, KPJ and Sengun should rack up a ton of assists.

CXbby likes this.
  6. i3artow i3aller

"Jalen Green was terrible for half the season."
    [​IMG]

Believe It! likes this.
  7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Wait....do you deny that? I thought that was pretty accepted by even the most delusional of his fans. He was so absolutely awful on both ends of the court to start the season that his incredible finish to the year wasn't even able to make him break even overall.

Accepting the obvious shouldn't take away from the good he eventually did.

8. CXbby

CXbby Member

lol, anyone with half a brain would admit to that. It’s not a knock, you sensitive bunch, it’s a compliment to how much he improved over the season. At that age improvement is more important than how good or bad the player is.

jiggyfly likes this.
  9. i3artow i3aller

10. CXbby

CXbby Member

Jalen pre allstar game was 51.6% ts, -17.8 +/-, 96 ortg, 120 drtg…you do the math on the net rating.

Post allstar, 59% ts, -1.7 +/-, 114 ortg 121 drtg

again, we are trying to give him a compliment here on the immense improvement, it’s a good thing! Nut riders can’t take a compliment and have to keep making up fairy tales on how he was great all season smdh its Jeremy Lin all over again

Plowman and Bobbythegreat like this.
  11. i3artow i3aller

12. CXbby

CXbby Member

My bad.

pre allstar was 43 games.

post allstar was 24 games.

He was bad for twice as long as he was good. I wasn’t trying to nitpick the details and gave him the benefit of the doubt by saying half. The point is he got better, why are you hating on him?

i came in here talking about kpj getting an extension and y’all trying to make it about jalen just because you can’t accept facts? Even on compliments!?

jiggyfly, Plowman and Bobbythegreat like this.
  13. i3artow i3aller

Twice as many bad games is it now loil?! Bobby must've been your math teacher :D

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  14. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

You do realize pre and post all-star split is just an arbitrary cut off that you imposed right?

Green played 67 games, so let's split that into 34 and 33 games.

First 34 games Green averaged:
    14/3/2 on TS 49.8%, with a +/- of -17.7 (lowest among qualified players on the team during this period)

Last 33 games Green averaged:
    20/4/3 on TS 58.8%, with a +/- of -5.3 (highest among qualified players on the team during this period).

Based on this, please explain how Jalen Green "was bad for twice as long as he was good".

mfastx, Believe It! and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  15. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Probably a similar deal to Tate.

Corrosion likes this.
  16. CXbby

CXbby Member

Lmao. So then half, like I originally said! Y’all can’t make your minds up. Nice splits btw, way to prove a point and make gif dude look bad

17. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

You still don't understand basic math, the cut-off points are arbitrary and ultimately these are averages during set periods.

For example, we can make it 20 games and 47 games split.

Green's first 20 games:
    15/3/2 on TS 52%, with a +/- of -19.2 (lowest among qualified players on the team during this period)

Greens' last 47 games
    18/4/3 on TS 55.7% with a +/- of -8 (3rd highest among qualified players on the team, behind Gordon and KPJ).

Don't take this the wrong way, but instead of spending 1 minute typing up a post without research, instead use that 1 minute to actually do the research. You can save the time making a post, and you also improve your understanding on these basic mathematical principles.

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  18. CXbby

CXbby Member

What you are doing here is just playing with stats, in this case finding an arbitrary cut off point like you said, and making it look like he didn’t improve that much over the course of the season, which for anyone who watched the games know that’s not true. He got a lot better. Weird that you guys are now trying to devalue him when I’m trying to compliment how much he improved. It’s almost like, it’s not about Jalen green, and more about proving yourselves right…

19. i3artow i3aller

20. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

First you started off by saying -

Then you backtracked to saying -

And now, you are changing your point entirely once again, to saying that your point is "he improved a lot over the season".

You are getting close to understanding the point of this post below, that you initially argued against. Are you starting to see it?

peleincubus and i3artow i3aller like this.