1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Durant requests a trade out of Brooklyn!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Spooner, Jun 30, 2022.

1. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

I have never heard that word

Corrosion and D-rock like this.
  2. Bo6

Bo6 Member

i don't think brown fits us to be honest. he plays a lot of iso ball and will be 27 next year.

i'm wondering if we kind blew the high opportunity of dealing the nets picks before the draft. feels like they could have peaked in theoritical value of the nets being an absolute dumpster fire.

otherwise i guess you just hold the picks and hope that you can add pieces to fit around KPJ/Green/Smith/Sengun core and build a contender by 2026-2030

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  3. jch1911

jch1911 Member

[​IMG]

found one

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

if u added Jaylen Brown to a core of Green and Jabari, that would be quite formidable and would catch the interest of tier 1 stars

the issue is that he has 2 years left on his deal…you’d have to be confident he’d re-sign or do an extension

and even if he does, guys who aren’t superstars are still getting paid like they are these days…How does Brown on max or near max money sound?

he is very good and 1 of my favorite players on and off the court

5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Is he coming to Houston?

Why is this in the GARM?

clos4life and jim1961 like this.
  6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It indirectly effects the Rockets because we own so many of their picks. I think that qualifies it for GARM.

xtruroyaltyx and Xerobull like this.
  7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Well said.

BigShasta and NateNate like this.
  8. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Yep.

I wouldn’t even say indirectly though. This is about as direct as it gets.

BallSoHarden and Bo6 like this.
  9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

People sure have a lot of confidence that the nets will continue to be good. Their team is a train wreck right now. Ben Simmons lol. Kyrie is staying? Then he will surely leave after this next season. Everyone clamor it for Durant I dunno. Dude is old and only getting older.

BigShasta and luckyman76 like this.
  10. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Kyrie is guaranteed to miss 30 games for whatever team he plays for this year. Durant at a minimum with long term issues misses 20 if he plays real hard. The likelihood a 34 year old injured star is going to grind for a place he doesn't want to be is a fantasy. I don't see any world where he remains with Nets and I don't see any world where Nets replace his talent. He has maybe 2 years left of his current talent with his current physical limitations. Durant is going to fall apart and will not be LBJ. LBJ is starting to suffer some of these problems but has been built like a tank for a long time. Durant is completely different. I forgot to even think about Ben Simmons. If he is sane, he had back surgery and will be physically limited where he has a long history of problems. Add to that his mental issues and his inability to shoot and how would that be effective for any team.

$120M on three very defective players along with $19M on Joe Harris and then about another $30M on some decent role players but overall a very old team with misfit toys and retreads. A team in desperate need of a complete rebuild without ANY of the assets to do so. WHEN they are forced into this rebuild this isn't the Lakers or Clippers. Who gives a **** about the Nets? NYC Knicks, a storied franchise, has hard to overpay, beg, and use close relations to get players. Without KD and Kyrie picking Brooklyn nobody would care about them. Knicks ought to thank their lucky stars KD and Kyrie didn't pick them.

Nets were the 10th team in the Eastern Conference essentially and just got massively worse. People with this mentality that the Nets will be good should say hello to Houston, Detroit, Orlando, OKC, Sacramento, etc. Just because you have players on your team to fill out a roster and you can fill up your cap doesn't generate wins not even 30 wins. Tank Commander watches over us. We need a new Tank Commander to watch over us from the sidelines this season. As we have seen, young talent provides a very painful but necessary process to build a team.

peleincubus and Plowman like this.
  11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You have a good point. I dug a little deeper into Brown’s situation, which is a little unusual, and we could end up looking at having to give him a massive extension due to how the Celtics structured his last contract. More than is typical for a star player his age.

12. Bo6

Bo6 Member

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

13. Reeko

Reeko Member

meh

14. i3artow i3aller

15. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Deck,

could you explain this a little bit more in depth?

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

theDude, Plowman, Easy and 2 others like this.
  17. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

You are probably wet behind the ears ....

(That means young)

I haven't seen it used in quite a while myself .....

18. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Relax

19. i3artow i3aller

20. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I would never reveal private conversations that I had with friends.