1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets sign Bruno Fernando to camp deal

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatBoyNick, Jul 26, 2022.

1. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

He’s better than the losers you like. You’re not a Rockets fan if your already against this great signing. Sorry this ruins your dream for small ball dude.

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Don't act so surprised
    I know nothing about this stuff
    Who do you think you are? Bimathug or something?

burlesk, Drift Monkey and Easy like this.
  3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

4. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

I think Hudgins actually has a good shot of making the team given that he is on a two-way contract.

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

That's Bima's burner account.

napalm06 and Drift Monkey like this.
  6. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

my thought is that Tilly's already paying Boban... and its not like we're focused on winning this season... i figured we'd roll with the deficiency and take a few extra losses...

7. clos4life

clos4life Member

Bruno is a scrub and at 6'9" also undersized so you are the one desiring small ball. Be ready to join the ranks of the losers that wanted Terrence Jones and Gary Clark to be dominant and are now tucking their tails in shame.

PS: I would like to be wrong and have him turn out to be a positive contributor on this team, just don't think he will.

No Worries, Dobbizzle and D-rock like this.
  8. hakeemthagreat

He wasn't a scrub in the minutes he played last year. He might be our best center on the roster

roslolian likes this.
  9. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

You mean like 6’ 11” Jabari who has the frame to put on another 25 lbs of muscle or Eason 6’ 7” who is already ripped and can also get bigger. Sengun is plenty big enough. We are no longer a small ball team. Tate will be a bench playing role player. I tire of all the get off my lawn guys crying about a roster that is being re-built from scratch. We need a “true pg”. We need a traditional “big”. Not really both of those traditional roles are dying a not so slow death in the NBA. Neither of the NBA finalist had traditional bigs or traditional pg’s playing big roles on their teams.

No Worries and Drift Monkey like this.
  10. TimDuncanDonaut

Current count

Offseason up to 20 guys.

When season starts, max 15 one way guys.
    1 Jalen Green
    2 Jabari Smith
    3 Tari Eason
    4 Eric Gordon (... might be gone, low possibility)
    5 Alperen Sengun
    6 KPJ
    7 Jae'Sean Tate
    8 Josh Christopher
    9 Garuba
    10 TyTy Washington
    11 Garrison Mathews
    12 KJ Martin (... might be gone, if good offer somewhere)
    13 David Nwaba
    14 Daishen Nix
    15 Boban (most likely keep out of the Mavs guys)

Two way guys (two spots)
    #1 Trevor Hudgins
    #2 (reserved)

Exhibit maybe to two-way: Bruno

Likely cut

Trey Burke
    Sterling Brown
    Marquese Chriss

11. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

I hope we trade marquese chriss to the Yemenite league

12. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

If they keep Boban it is for comic relief. Remember Chuck Nevitt and how the fans sarcastically chanted his name until they would put him in for entertainment purposes only.

13. TimDuncanDonaut

A tall player Sengun/Garuba to practice low post with.
    Moves a few Rockets merch.

Locker room chemistry:
    Subtracts a minus: - Wood
    Adds a positive (someone who won't demand minutes): +Boban

Luka, Mavs locker room (minus a few chemistry points). :D

Boban on the team will add some fun. If next season becomes a losing season, any fun is welcomed.

AroundTheWorld, RudyTBag and Mr.Scary like this.
  14. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Yeah I really don’t care that much about the 15th person on our team. It is basketball’s version of Mr. Irrevelant. I do think at some point in the future we might want a serviceable backup center when we get the occasional matchup where we have to combat bully ball. Fernando might be that guy, but i doubt it. I am sure that Boban is not that guy, and if he stays he will only get garbage minutes and the crowd will go crazy just for fun like with Nevitt. I used to think it was cruel and embarrassing for the player, but then when you see the million dollar payday for that embarrassment they get the last laugh.

15. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

[​IMG]
    Bruno a cool kid,
    love seeing him off the bench next season.

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

Bruno is 6'10 in shoes the same height as Jabari and Sengun. TBH 6'8-6"10 is the height of centers in the league nowadays guys like Time Lord, Bam Adebayo, Draymond, Dwight Powell etc

clos4life likes this.
  17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Oh, shoot

Drift Monkey and Easy like this.
  18. verysimplejason

Not bad. Bruno's what you need when you need someone to "bang" people.

burlesk and D-rock like this.
  19. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

This has more to do with the attitude of Rockets management than Jabari’s ability to gain muscle.
    Jabari & Eason Would be better served by mastering the nuances of perimeter play than try to save the Rockets management from their crusade against adding tall people to a professional basketball team.They paid (the 6’4 ) Tate to play the front court who will likely start over Eason. Which is asinine when you have so many youngsters who need to play. They’re in love with (6’3) Eric Gordon at forward and they will get their asses handed to them on the glass when it matters just like last year. Never mind that he’s 33 and needs to move on so the youngins can play. Eason, Martin Jr. Jabari, & Garuba should be eating up all of the forward minutes.

And BTW,
    Robert Williams & Al Horford are both real bigs. Williams is one of the best rim protectors in basketball. Additionally, Boston has two huge wing players ( Tatum & Brown)who are super versatile on both ends of the floor. You didn’t see the Celtics playing lineups with a bunch of 6’4 guys in their front court. Funny thing is the traditional PG might have been a good idea since the C’s turnovers hurt them a ton vs The Warriors. They traded for Malcolm Brogdan who is a combo guard that can get the squad into sets. The Warriors are an anomaly with their supreme shooting & guard play but still use a traditional big as part of their strategy. But they are so skilled overall that they can get away with going small for longer stretches.

#79 TEXNIFICENT, Jul 27, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2022
  20. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Sounds like you have drawn conclusions before the season has started. We don’t know what the minutes distribution will be like. We don’t know if Gordon will still be here by then. We don’t know who they could pick up after training camp cuts are made.. so many unknowns still yet to be determined. So much time still to build out the roster over the next few years. We need to be kinda bad one more year to use our pick and cap space next summer. I think that is when we will really see what kind of team we are building for the future. Patience. . .