1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tilman Fertitta: Finally an owner who cares

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Salvy, Aug 25, 2021.

1. Landry's Tooth

I think you are extreme...

I acknowledge the practice facility delay and Westbrook deal he okayed are blemishes.

At the same time he didn't sink a bunch of money into Ariza or other players who were clearly done that could have crippled our flexibility. They were able to find adequate ways around replacing him without taking on bad contracts. It's not just about the money but about the flexibility. If he decided then to deal Harden they would be over the cap (like now but worse).

I'm not crazy about the argument a team that got 12 games worse in one year while jettisoning their 3 worst playoff performers is just going to improve. Maybe if the core was younger, but not at the stage they were in.

I think there is fair criticism of TF and irrational hatred of him going on. He has gotten better.

It was Morey who presented the Westbrook deal and peddled our draft picks constantly. There's blame to go around.

Kevooooo and Salvy like this.
  2. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

This clown still posting lol

clos4life likes this.
  3. Landry's Tooth

Ariza and picks 30, 28, and 30 for Durant, right?

4. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Lol he is still going.

clos4life likes this.
  5. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Fair enough, he seems to be learning from the early mistakes. I'm sure if he knew what he knows now, he would have vetoed the Westbrook trade. Harden was given way too much control over personnel decisions given he brought the franchise 0 finals appearances.

bmelo likes this.
  6. riko

riko Member

Mafia boss now cares

Nook and Sweet Lou 4 2 like this.
  7. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Rockets still aren't his number 1 priority but at least we r trending in a positive direction with him finally learning to not b so hands on.

If that's all it takes for tilman stans to praise his name I guess most of us have different standards on judging owners.

clos4life likes this.
  8. Landry's Tooth

I think your one-sided view of the man is irrational. Let's see what he spends when it matters. It didn't matter before because the team he was given was one of the oldest in the league and needing a rebuild in the near future.

The CBA also prevented him from spending on anyone other than the poopoo platter of his own free agents who probably were responsible for losing against the Warriors.

For the record i do hold him responsible for his share of the Westbrook mess. I am curious why we don't have the new practice facility yet. Not sure why that makes someone a "tilman stan".

To deny he's spending money when he outspent Les as both a % of the cap and in real dollars is just dumb.

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Because Les never did anything for the city of Houston right?

10. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Y’all can say whatever you want about Tilman, just know he is still far better than Les.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

Oh you Tilman bootlickers are such an embarrassment. Years will continue to go by and folks like you still wondering why he sucks and has no business owning a professional sports organization like the Rockets.

Tilman's 4 year resume is straight laughable, full of historically bad decisions already that has him in the record books

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#231 YOLO, Jul 22, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2022
    topfive and clos4life like this.
  12. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

With that logic might as well have said just know that he is still far better than Dolan.

Like even if he's better than les, or Dolan. Man has done nothing yet to deserve the massive mount of worship/praise from the tilman bootlickers.

13. Landry's Tooth

Can you provide an example of this praise?

14. roslolian

roslolian Member

Cp3 is not the point god he is the Choke God, have lost the most series when being up 2-0 in NBA history. In fact all he has done is choke, choked vs GSW, choked vs Rox, choked vs Bucks and then finally choked vs Dallas. Its been 4 or 5 years of consecutive choking so pls dont call him the point god cuz he doesnt deserve that title.

Secondly arent the poster claiming Fertita bought the team to tank it? So now he is forced to trade Harden meaning he wanted to keep the team competitive right? Which is it then? Are you saying he wanted to tank but he wanted to keep Harden on the team? Y'all have 0 clue you contradict yourself.

Finally doesnt really matter whether Fertita was forced or not, end of the day he traded high on Harden. Thats the bottom line.

15. roslolian

roslolian Member

Tilman has done more than you though so thats good enough for me.

I like how the some random no names have the highest standards possible on billionaire owner like they can somehow pick and choose wbich owner to have for their team.

Nobody here has said Tilman is the goat owner, but he's far from the worst owner like some y'all jokers are saying. As others have said he is an improvement over the previous owner and thats good enough for me. If you dont like that then you can change teams man, nobody is stopping you. Trust me Fertita wouldnt even know you left.

Y'all keep complaining but y'all keep hanging on bruh Fertita isnt selling anytime soon. His business is doing great and even his son is interested in bball. They gonna be the owners for a long time so if you cant stand their ownership you can just leave till he sells the team.

#235 roslolian, Jul 23, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2022
  16. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Spoken like a tru tilman bootlicker.

Tru Rockets fan doesn't have to blindly support the ownership. U should get rid of the Rockets only fan tag and replace it with tilman bootlicker. Telling folks to abandon their team cause the owner isn't that great to them. Acting more like a tilman bootlicker more than anything.

17. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

naw I’m just realistic and look at other owners in the league.

we could be in a much worse position if we didn’t have Tillman.

is he the best owner in the nba? No

that’s prob the GSW ownership group. They’ve shown they will spend and make bold moves evens if it adds more money to their books.

but that’s what you do when you have the best team of the decade and want to keep competing.

everyone loves Cuban as an owner. I don’t see any Difference between him and Tillman.

I think Tillman is one of the 10 best owners in the lesgue. With harden we swung for the fenced prob made some bad decisions but he allowed the gm and franchise player to dictate what players were added and subtracted via trade or signing.

now he’s allowing stone to build the team from the ground up and doesn’t seem like he’s pushing to make bad moves just to try and maybe get in the playoffs a year or two earlier.

he’s letting Stone do his thing and tank and develop the young guys.

We’ve been bad by design the past 2 year and it’s landed us Green and Jabari both top 3 picks and also let stone trade harden for assets (future picks) instead of making him trade harden for Ben Simmons or some allstar like that who’s not a true franchise player.

Tillman had impressed me post Harden I think he should get commended for that.

ipaman likes this.
  18. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Tilman deserves no praise.

His job is too:
    1.) Open the checkbook when it's time and he failed at that.
    2.) Not get involved in **** he doesn't understand and he failed at that.
    3.) Put the right people in place to run the team...Stone has been good, but any credit earned there is immediately erased by having his idiot son involved.

He is a bad owner. There is no other way to put it.

clos4life, topfive, kubli9 and 2 others like this.
  19. YOLO

YOLO Member

Where's Tilman though. Oh wait He'll be on the one of top 10 losers

[​IMG]

20. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

wow even twitter has a trigger warning for the Houston top 10.

i3artow i3aller likes this.