1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How much will KPjr make per year on the next deal?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Feb 23, 2022.

?

How much will KPjr make per year on the next deal?

1. 5-6

2. 7-8

3. 9-10

4. 11-13

5. 14-17

6. 18-22

7. 23-26

8. I don't care as long as it's not us footing the bill

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

What player did Clutch most covet in 2021 with the 2nd pick? I personally wanted Green all along. I agree with him about KPJ and wanted Jabari Smith number 1.

If this team underwhelms it's an indictment for me that's for sure.

Roxfan4lyfe likes this.
  2. maj21

maj21 Member

Wtf does that have to do with anything? Acting like I just started watching the rockets a year ago. Being on these boards a long time doesn’t mean you know more than other. Also, stop sticking up for another man, unless you just roll that way…

3. i3artow i3aller

4. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

I think you and I have different views of what "no major incidents" means. Walking off the team during a game is a big deal. And it's part of a longstanding pattern of behavior. I imagine if he does something else dumb this season, you'll be just as quick to dismiss it.

Even if he does mature, I'm not sure his skillset is what the starting lineup needs at PG long term.

5. TheBeastSystem

if ever a player contract calls for incentive bonuses and partial guarantees, then KPJr's does.

1) 15% max performance bonus based on

a. games played
    b. a/to ratio
    c. stl/to ratio
    d. % team wins in games played (doesn't apply until extension....)
    e. ???? (technical fouls??) ???? (defensive metrics??)

2) 20% offseason participation bonus. maybe academic bonus related to sports management.

3) Signing bonus to make his salary due lower in case he requires being traded

4) 3 years with third season non-guaranteed or 4 year deal with 3rd and 4th years non-guaranteed and player option on 4th season.
    this gives KPJr the opportunity to get to 7 years with the team and earn a vet supermax deal. It also allows the Rockets to get off the deal if he becomes a problem.

5) 3/60 or 4/80 plus incentives with non-guaranteed seasons.

DaDakota likes this.
  6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I don't agree. I mean the guy was dumped by Cleveland, and Houston in my opinion is his literal last chance. He said so himself that the Rockets took a chance at him saved his life. And yet he still f*cked up despite ALL of that. Imagine having the most supportive coaching staff, front office, and knowing this is the franchise that "saved his life" and still managed to fk up.

Let me ask you this, if we commit to a 4 year extension right now, and KPJ pulls another tantrum stunt, what do you think we do.

7. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Yeah, I'm thinking something starting around his cap hold for an extension .

That cap hold is $9.65m

That works out to 3/31.5 or 4/43.5 and if he turns that down, I'd have no problem letting him go into restricted FA where I can match or not.
    And I'd probably be putting team options in for years 3 and or 4 just to cover my ass in case he has an episode.

If someone else wants to give him $100m or more .... that's fine by me, I aint the one.

I was thinking the same thing .... but then I think maybe he tries to do too much.

I like the idea of team options better.

#207 Corrosion, Jul 26, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2022
  8. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Well do you think the owner of this site is credible? You're a fat loser

9. maj21

maj21 Member

You can act really tough over that phone of yours lol. You’re not clutch, so get off his nuts. You think Rafael Stone is credible? The guy that’s about extend KPJ which is gonna make you lose sleep at night. I can tell you’re a weak beta male that follows, which is probably why you get pegged every night.

10. King1

King1 Contributing Member

I'd pull up on you quick

11. maj21

maj21 Member

You don’t wanna do that, I promise you lol

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

has plenty to do with it. trying to come around here and check someone whose been here a long time and you literally just came. gtfoh with that bs. plenty of folks know king1. you on the other hand? WHO? I'll do whatever i want. i couldn't give two shitts if that bothers you.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

That depends upon what it is, what factors were involved, and what happened.

I mean, the one at the Rockets, he was playing great, and hurt in the first half, Lucas comes in at halftime and unloads on the team and singles him out when in fact he was one of the better players on the floor, guys aren't stupid they know the game.

He over reacted, for sure, but he also didn't WALK out on the team he was injured and was not playing in the 2nd half, he made a poor decision to leave, but he knew that he might blow up even worse, so I take that as a guy on his way to maturing.

He immediately apologized, and was suspended for 1 game and then came back and balled out the rest of the year.

Some guys need STICK, some guys need HUGS, it is up to the coach to find that button when helps them and doesn't hinder them.

To me, this is more on KPJ but also some on Lucas......I doubt it happens again.

And what happened before he got here is inconsequential for me - he was 18-19 years old and a punk, he is not that anymore.

DD

PS. Lucas is a great example of giving guys time to mature - there are lots of reclamation projects from broken families in the NBA.

#213 DaDakota, Jul 26, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2022
    maj21 likes this.
  14. maj21

maj21 Member

Nothing bothers me!! I can also do whatever I want and say what I want!! I’m gonna voice my opinion as I please. I don’t have to bow down to nobody on these boards. We’re all fans. Stop defending your bf like a punk and have a voice of your own.

15. maj21

maj21 Member

Well said man! It’s gonna be interesting how well KPJ and Lionel Hollins coexist bc he’s old school. I think he’ll be just fine and I don’t see it happening again. If it does, I’ll be the first to admit that I was wrong

DaDakota likes this.
  16. YOLO

YOLO Member

sure but you've been b****ing and crying for days now. so don't get all upset when someone else tells you, you have no business talking and trying to check someone when you haven't even been here.

17. maj21

maj21 Member

Crying about what? I’ve been letting the KPJ haters have it bc they thought the rockets weren’t interesting in extending him. I can check whoever I want man, it’s sports talk and debate. Nothing on here says I have to be here a certain amount of time to say what I wanna say. I’m definitely not the one upset over here lol

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

why is thinking logically known as haters? So you label Clutch as a hater or nah? Whats this hater definition of yours. If clutch is hater to you then, you have it literally 100% wrong

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

BTW - I have no problem with the Rockets if they give him a new extension or they wait. I do think the waiting is going to cost them millions though - I have a bet with @King1 that if they go the RFA route he will get 20m a year as a contract somewhere.

They could probably save some money by locking him up now.....but whatever they decide I am ok with.....

DD

20. maj21

maj21 Member

I made one comment about how he’s negative about players he don’t like and he pushes hard. Like his Banchero takes. This isn’t about clutch bc I respect him and he’s all about the rockets and will come around if guys prove themselves. I don’t respect king bc none of his takes have anything to back em up, it’s all hate. He would rather KPJ flame out than to turn things around bc he dislikes him so much. Like I’m not sure if Sengun can be our 5 long term, but I wanna be wrong and I want him to succeed bc I’m about what’s best for the rockets. That’s the difference