1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eric Gordon Trades

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by finsraider, Jun 16, 2022.

1. Landry's Tooth

I find it strange the 6th youngest player on the team, a guy who at 6'6" 215 and has shot 36% from 3 in his first 2 seasons isn't being given the opportunity to be the starter at the 3.

I can understand his frustration. He has far more upside than Tate or Gordon but not getting the chance to show it...

We should be focused on upside and developing guys. There's a role for veterans to support and improve the young guys, but not at the expense of one of them.

2. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Lakers insanely believe THT without a FRP can net them Hield or EGo.

napalm06, bmelo and Rokman like this.
  4. marinara

marinara Member

If he is willing to just be a mentor and play 12 minutes a night or something I’d keep him if we didn’t get a FRP. I mean 2-3 seconds could be worth something but if he is willing to accept the situation and the offer doesn’t suit us we do need a mentor. Tate only been in the league 3 years I don’t know if his the only guy with experience apart from Nwamba and if they keep Boban?

groovemachine likes this.
  5. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

For god sakes trade Ego, get what you can and move on. Only the Rockets would catch feelings at this stage of Gordon’s career.

6. Rokman

Rokman Member

The Lakers and the media think they should be able to get any player in the league with THT. If any other team was trying to get stars with such trash the media would mock them incessantly or just ignore the story.

The Lakers and the Knicks are the most pathetic franchises.

7. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Exactly

EGO (if he WANTS to be here), is priceless in terms of being an NBA vet who can teach the young guys how to get through the ups and downs of the long seasons.
    Tate/ Boban and Nwaba will be helpful too, but for me EGO is the best suited (if his attitude about it is right). If we were to trade him I would hope to get back another vet who has a proven track record of mentoring young guys.

jcmoon likes this.
  8. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I have continually contended that EGo will not move until the dominoes of KI/DM/KD have been sorted. Even if that were to mean February.

9. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Pathetic? Nah, they have EXCEPTIONALISM!

10. Rokman

Rokman Member

Pathetic in that they act as though they are the only two teams in the damn league. That's 90% the medias fault

11. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

sorry if my sarcasm meter didn’t register.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  12. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I left Russ off the list. Regrets. His ultimate move is going to be fascinating.

13. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

24-28 mpg for EG is more likely, Silas will be coaching for his life this year. One would think less than 25-30 wins and he’s toast.

14. Rokman

Rokman Member

Shi# you're right, lol, somehow I didn't catch it. My bad.

xiki likes this.
  15. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

what is really funny to me is that the Clips and the Nets regardless of anything are third teams in two-city franchises.

16. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I'm not sure I buy the idea that the Rockets had options with first round picks for EG at the deadline or on draft night.

It just doesn't make sense when you look at the rosters of the teams mentioned ....

For Philly it would take 5 players to match his salary. That deal can't happen during the season nor can it happen right now unless the Rockets waive all the players who came in the CW trade to create the required roster spots and while that's a possibility doing it now, before those players are eligible for aggregation is very premature.

The other teams mentioned are in similar situations or would be sending back contracts that extend beyond the end of this season which idea that has no chance of succeeding.

The Lakers? THT and they won't even offer up a pick ? Wait a minute .... we had a pick for EG didn't we ?

Brooklyn? They didn't have a pick to trade having given up the farm in the Harden trade 7 consecutive years.

Portland? That was pure fantasy thinking they were going to give up #7 for Gordon.

Miami - they didn't have the contracts to match during the season without adding Herro .... who they wouldn't give up for Harden.

PHX was one of the few teams who could make the money match but they'd have been giving up 4 players Dario Saric, Aaron Holiday, Elfrid Payton & Landry Shamet ..... but the Rockets didn't have 3 open roster spots to close the deal and they weren't cutting players to make it happen and I'm not sure swapping those 4 players for EG makes the Suns better ...

Expecting a trade at the deadline was unreasonable.

luckyman76, stevel and D-rock like this.
  17. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Yeah agree about this. I do think Ego gets traded by the trade deadline for the highest bidder(even if that is some 2nd round picks) because walking away with any value is better than letting him walk for nothing but the market is obviously depressed from a bidding war offering more valuable picks until the Durant/Irving situation is resolved.

..but yeah something will happen for Gordon even if it’s at the last minute of the trade deadline and it’s only this year’s pick that can be offered.

18. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Gordon is a valuable player.

TimDuncanDonaut and xiki like this.
  19. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

We’re in last place my friend. We have several young guys who need floor time. Extract Gordon’s value in the form of draft picks and move on. This isn’t hard, the Rockets are making it hard.

D-rock and luckyman76 like this.
  20. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

IF he isn't traded before opening day, I seriously doubt he is traded unless there's a player who makes similar money who gets injured and is in the final year of his deal making it an easy swap.

Otherwise, it's just too complicated during the season to make the money match ....

He's traded before rosters are reduced to 15 or he isn't traded outside of the above scenario. The Rockets aren't going to cut multiple players to facilitate a mid season trade.

luckyman76 and saleem like this.