1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2022 NBA Draft/1-17] Tari Eason, F, LSU

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jun 23, 2022.

?

Do you like the selection of Tari Eason?

Poll closed Jun 23, 2023.
  1. YES

99.1%
  2. NO

0.9%
  1. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Disagree. We are at our worst point. Do you read yourself or Roscoe or that racist homophobic cousin to Justin James? I guess you are mostly fine because 90% percent of it is actually intelligent and honest BUT the things that get said because we can hide behind a curtain have become extreme and vile.

2. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

That's very true yeah. I'm admittedly very ashamed of what I post here when intoxicated...but things have definitely gotten worse.

I think trolling culture on the internet too has taken a hard turn from posting fake Rockets news to being a complete *******.

Drift Monkey and jiggyfly like this.
  3. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

Nice, I read this and heard David Attenborough's voice.

theDude, Shark44 and Hakeemtheking like this.
  4. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Lol, nice! I had thought Tari would go before #17 and started hoping we would get Jalen WIlliams. I was excited about his shooting/playmaking potential and length being ideal for us as SF. He was gobbled up at #12 and our good fortune let Tari fall into our laps.

Tari just looks like a DISRUPTOR! Someone that will come in and be a spark on both O/D. I hope we start Tate initially at 3 and bring Eason off the bench to be that ignitor. Also should allow him to get use to the NBA in a role he's use to. If he adapts quickly maybe he's starting at some point in the season, but Silas loves Tate and having his pseudo vet presence in the lineup will be comforting to him. I'm assuming Gordon is traded before the season, but if he's not bringing him in with Tari as the 6th/7th men would truly give us a nice lift from the bench.

5. i3artow i3aller

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Drift Monkey likes this.
  7. i3artow i3aller

Tari's team warming up :cool:

Drift Monkey and D-rock like this.
  8. i3artow i3aller

9. csc177

csc177 Member

Heard Tari dropped damn near 40. How can you not love this pick.

10. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I don’t understand why foul trouble should keep Eason on the bench, same as Sengun last year. Why not play them 20-25 mins and let them foul out. It’s better than playing ten minutes and then sitting on the bench with three or four fouls so you won’t foul out

11. i3artow i3aller

12. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

To be fair, as long as nobody commits infanticide, the risk of SIDS is near zero.

13. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

That is uh, not how that works.

We need tags for conspiracy theorists, people that don't understand statistics, and one issue people (like Harden haters).

14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Hunh?

15. MystikArkitect

They might. It's hard to tell what the intent is this year. Can't be putting teams in the penalty early and expect to win games. But if it's another year of experimentation then I could see them just throwing Eason out there and letting him figure it out.

I'm using Sengun as the go by because Silas seemed determined to keep his ass on the bench for foul trouble.

Drift Monkey likes this.
  16. Bo6

Bo6 Member

anyone say gerald wallace as a NBA comp? a guy that can bully way his way to the rim whenever and do a little bit of everything.

17. dmoneybangbang

Maybe a Gerald Wallace 2.0 situation.

Or Thaddeus Young 2.0.

Drift Monkey and OkayAyeReloaded like this.
  18. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

I've heard the Crash comps as well, Eason has the better shooting touch and free throws as an indicator for future shooting than Gerald had coming into the league. So I can understand the 2.0 comps also.

Still think the kid has a very high upside, work ethic, and intangibles so far.

Drift Monkey, clos4life and D-rock like this.
  19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Very nice comp not as thick as Wallace but they do a lot of the same things.

Would not be surprised if gets some 1st team all rookie play.

Trackwell likes this.