1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I hate women

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by TheJuice, Jul 8, 2022.

1. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

2009 was my favorite team too. I felt like we were two, even three deep at every position. God if Yao and T-Mac could have stayed healthy the whole season we would have won it all. We took the Lakers to seven, and they beat the Magic...who we always dominated with Yao.

2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yep if Yao, T-Mac along with Mutumbo could’ve stayed healthy I think we win it all.

Even without that one of my favorite memories of the Rockets was the joy on Yao’s face after they beat Portland.

TheJuice and Xerobull like this.
  3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

That was like the third time Yao broke down... That playoff season without Tmac, makes you wonder if Les allowed Murray a couple years to break the cap and let the big 2 rest. Maybe it would still collapse like a souffle since we had brittle cornerstones. I don't know.

Best highlight of that season was Ron Ron calling Clutch up for an interview.

TheJuice and Xerobull like this.
  4. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

I think I've mentioned this story before, but I was told I didn't need to wear glasses anymore the same day we traded for Artest. I had this giant smile on my face and my mom says "wow you're pretty happy about the glasses".

And I said something like "what? No I'm happy because the Rockets are going to win it all this year".

5. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Let’s get back to you hating women and why

6. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

Gender envy, alcoholism, and blue balls. Combine a few drinks with access to the internet and...well I don't have to explain to you what drunk posting looks like.

A little early to be starting the weekend eh Roc Paint? I guess when you work at strip clubs you can start drinking whenever you want. It's a little sad though when you have to beg posters on a message board to hang out with you. Even sadder when none show up.

Anyway, do you have any thoughts on the 2009 Rockets? Personally, I liked Von Wafer. He was always fun to watch.

7. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

T-Mac also sabotaged a trade for Vince Carter by announcing surgery without letting either team know before at the last minute. I don't think we beat the Lakers with Yao AND Mutumbo going down, but you have to wonder...is there a load reduction that keeps Yao going longer and prevents him from being injured in that Lakers series?

Does getting Vince Carter allow us to cut one of the bench players for a backup Center who isn't over 40? Or do we acquire a Center in that Vince trade from the Nets? They had a fair share of decent big men. We obviously wouldn't have gotten Brook Lopez, but could we maybe have gotten Josh Boone or just another guy to be there? This is back when teams played with two big men on the court...so having 3 Centers and three PFs wouldn't have been far-fetched.

8. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Maybe we should finally have a thread moved from D&D to the GARM!

A healthy Mutumbo even at 40 would've been able to take a lot of pressure off of Yao. If we could get a lot more minutes out of Yao our offense was very tough to counter. Not just Yao filling up the middle but under Adelman's offense a passing big man greatly frees up shooters and cutters.

That was just a fun team to watch. Even with injuries and young untested players like Brooks, Landry and Lowry Adelman was still able to get a lot out of that team.

Also let's not forget the glue that kept that team together and focused. Shane Battier.

TheJuice and Andre0087 like this.
  9. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I know I've been there, except without the drunk posting part. I'm glad my teenage and college days were before we could access the internet anywhere.

TheJuice likes this.
  10. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

Id love an Adelman type offense for our current team

11. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Could you imagine how great we could have been if we could have combined the Francis/Mobley/Barkley team with the Yao/McGrady/Battier team. I would have loved to see even one game with a Francis/Mobley/McGrady/Barkley/Yao lineup. The Rockets have had so many great players, but have had so much trouble putting it together. Injuries certainly didn't help.

rocketsjudoka and Nook like this.
  12. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

If we do move this to the GARM the name should probably change.

It should probably change anyway lest we scare away lurkers or new members. Im not proud of it

13. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

I never replied to this but thanks...it means a lot.

FWIW its worth I appreciate your posts. You dont post memes or repeat nonsense and give explanations for things.

Youre a lawyer no? Id love to connect over DM. Im going to be taking some law school classes in the spring. I took out some law books to prep myself but Id love insight.

Some of my best friends are also lawyers

14. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

@StupidMoniker I tried DM'ing you but you seem to have me blocked

15. StupidMoniker

I have never blocked anyone, so far as I know.

16. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

Yeah I should have clarified, it looks like an issue on my end. I tried DM'ing others and had the same problem. I may just not be able to DM at all.

17. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Francis did play with Yao briefly in 2009 but he was a shadow of himself.

Superteams like that really require the right coach. I get the feeling Adelman would be as frustrated with young Stevie Franchise as much as JVG was. On the other hand I could see a prime Barkley thriving in an Adelman offense. That brings up the other problems on a team with T-Mac and prime Francis how do you initiate offense? Who gets the bulk of the shots? If anything I could see T-Mac taking a backseat to Francis and with a team of T-Mac, Mobley, Francis, Barkley, and Yao I don't think you want the offense being dominated by Francis.

TheJuice likes this.
  18. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

I feel so ******* alone.

Every bar/club welcomes women...Im this weird loser

19. StupidMoniker

Francis is clearly the weak link in the lineup, but I think the offense runs through T-Mac as point forward with Barkley on the low right block and Yao at the left elbow available for a two man game. Mobley and Francis just spot up and cut as appropriate. This is the kind of stuff NBA2K makes me think of (except Barkley refuses to be included).
    Unless you are going to the hot spot (and dear God, why would you want to) most bars let everyone in. I prefer quiet, divey places myself, where you can talk to your friends while enjoying a few drinks.

20. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

Yeah I talked to some cuties...