1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where do you think Kevin Porter Jr. will be for the 2023-24 season?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 1, 2021.

?

Where do you think Kevin Porter Jr. will be for the 2023-24 season?

1. Starting point guard for the Houston Rockets

2. Starting two-guard or wing for the Houston Rockets

3. Coming off the bench for the Houston Rockets

4. On another team

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. maj21

maj21 Member

I love Jalen… it’s just crazy that think he’s better than KPJ who is a better creator, passer, rebounder, shooter, ball handler, and defender. KPJ should better though. There’s a reason when the game is on the line, Silas put the ball in his hands. Im very excited about our backcourt

DaDakota and Plowman like this.
  2. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Lol. Ok. People dislike him because he's a losing player and a quitter.

3. MystikArkitect

No one hates on KPJ because they're intimidated by him being better than Green (loooool). People just trust their eyes. This team needs smarter players that know their limitations and KPJ isn't that. He's above average in most regards except decision making where he's downright bad (not what you want out of your floor general, literally the most important trait for a PG). Most people know where this road ends because they've seen it before with other malcontents. And KPJ isn't even good enough to risk it either.

Give me TyTy or Schroeder at point and I'm good.

kubli9 and Tmac1Yao11 like this.
  4. maj21

maj21 Member

What makes you think TyTy is a better decision maker at the NBA level? Schroeder?!! He was terrible last year for us tf. This team would be way worse off with those 2. Also, how can you say KPJ doesn’t know his limitations when the coaches made him the PG? His job is to be a decision maker, dummy!! He’s our best option by far

D-rock and DaDakota like this.
  5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Funny, that's sounds kind of like Christian Wood.

DaDakota, MystikArkitect and hakeem94 like this.
  6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

best option? hes not even best option to get into same sentence with sengun...sengun has invented basketball for KPJ both as a player in general and a playmaker...

7. maj21

maj21 Member

My bad, I forgot Sengun is a point guard. Got me lol

8. MystikArkitect

Because I have eyeballs and have watched basketball for a long time. The offense looked better when Schroeder ran it vs KPJ who just doesn't "see" plays like real PGs do (or Harden, Trae, Luka). He's more like a crappy Westbrook. Not really a playmaker but a play forcer. The player he reminds me the most of is Jeremy Lin. Plays the PG role but doesn't know how to play the PG position.

And the staff put him in that role because they drafted Green and needed to see if he could do it or possibly up his trade value. Instead he drove off at halftime of a game and pouted numerous times after that. He's PG Christian Wood. There are fleeting times when he makes good decisions....like Jeremy Lin used to. Dealing with KPJ stans remind me of the LOFs. Dude is what he is. As much good as Stone has done in the draft, he's hilariously bad at trying to build up trade value for cast offs like KPJ and Wood. He needs to be much better at eyeing talent with better character over these try hards he's consistently trying to plump up like a turkey on Thanksgiving.

kubli9 likes this.
  9. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

lol. Watched basketball for a longtime. Wow with that qualification I’ve got to say I will never post another KPJ comment since you’ve made it all so clear to us all

D-rock and maj21 like this.
  10. maj21

maj21 Member

If Schroeder was better, he would’ve tried to keep. So are you saying you know more than the rockets staff and front office, since you’re bringing up experience? Y’all are gonna be sad when KPJ gets the bag.

D-rock likes this.
  11. marinara

marinara Member

Schroeder.. KPJ is the best player on this team at the moment his still a better player than Jalen aswell for now..

maj21 likes this.
  12. marinara

marinara Member

I like how he mentioned KPJ being like Westbrook then brings up Schroder who is basically a poor man’s Westbrook.

maj21 likes this.
  13. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Gordon is best player on this league. . Outside of the youth

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yes and in the right situation with strong leadership Wood is worth it.

DD

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

When your subjective "eye test" comes back with exactly opposite results from what essentially every objective metric suggests is reality, it doesn't really matter how long you've been watching the game, you're probably wrong.

maj21 and D-rock like this.
  16. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

We can survive without Porter going forward: Nix, Ty Ty, and Josh Chris can all fill the void. You have to consider the potential of Jabari and Tari their skill set is so valuable. In addition, you will have another great draft prospect next year as well. Money wise I think the Rockets have to let him go-

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

And speaking of shet takes.

:D

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  18. maj21

maj21 Member

Is that so? Nix looked like he didn’t belong last season, TyTy was average against SL competition, and JC is a low IQ player who should only be a 7th man. Jabari needs someone with scoring gravity to get him open. who’s gonna double any of those guys lol

cmlmel77 likes this.
  19. MystikArkitect

Wouldn't use the word "survive" when describing getting Porter off this team. If he doesn't make strides this season with his decision making we either draft his replacement or have TyTy/Nix take over if they have a better season.

Some people really think Porter is the best player on this team. Jesus Christ.

20. maj21

maj21 Member

He is lol. Just facts