1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2022 Trade Targets

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by HTown2017Champs, May 8, 2022.

1. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

That's not enough for Soto by himself....

All-Star left handed closer with 3 more years of control after this season will cost a lot more.

2. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

You may be right, but that's about as far as I would go

"All Star" really doesn't mean much on a team like the Tigers. If he were on most teams he wouldn't sniff being an all star

Has a great arm though, and with the right pitching environment I think he could be a lot better

The main difference between Soto and Abreu is their role. Soto gets to rack up saves and Abreu pitches in the middle of games, their numbers are actually extremely close this year except Abreu has a lot higher K rate

3. SKYGODZ187

SKYGODZ187 Member

So If we get Josh Bell do you guys still think they look for a Back up catcher Relief Pitcher SP or OF

4. SKYGODZ187

SKYGODZ187 Member

And I think the Guardians are the perfect spot for soto

5. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

There really is no need to add at relief pitcher. SP obviously only if you can get a TOR guy with some club control left.
    Meh on back up catcher- I like Lee just fine there
    OF is absolutely positively necessary, unless you want to do something like trade for Nelson Cruz and make Alvarez your every day LF of Brantley doesn’t come back.

6. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

Keith Law was on 97.5 and was adament that Hunter Brown is a reliever so his trade value isn't all that much.

HeyBudLetsParty likes this.
  7. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Couldn't disagree more. Relief pitchers are crazy valuable in the playoffs. Relief pitching cost us in 2015 & 2019, and just ask the Braves how valuable their relievers were last season. You can't get enough dominant pen guys. Luckily our glut in starters might help with that as we can use LMJ like we did in 2017.

OF is fine, unless we can improve CF production.

htownrox1 and the shark like this.
  8. Bregatron

Bregatron Member

It's up on YouTube...and the reaction of the hosts are great. It's at around the 8:10 mark.

9. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

Out- Barber, JJ
    In- Bell, Cruz.

Out- Garcia, Urquidy, Leon
    In- Castillo

out- Odo, Chas, Maton
    In- prospects.

final playoff roster:

JV/LMJ/Framber/Castillo
    Bullpen: Presley, Montero, Stanek, Nerris, Javier, Brown, Martinez, Abreu

lineup: Maldonado, Bell, Altuve, Peña, Bregman, Brantley, Yordan, Meyers, Tucker

bench- Diaz, Cruz, Lee, Yuli, Siri

Brantley is your DH against RHP, Cruz is your DH v RHP, Yuli and Cruz/Brantley are your PH. Lee your backup catcher, Siri your defensive OF/PR, Diaz your emergency guy.

prospect math- 45 and 40 for Chas, 2 40’s or 1 45 for Odo, 2 40’s for Maton. 3 prospects out (2 top 5 and 1 top 10 in organization) 6 prospects in- all probably 10-30 type guys.

That’s a really good team- right? With no holes? Costs us Gardia and a Urquidy but we hold on to all our high ceiling guys. Poke holes in it and tell me where I’m light or where I stupidly gave up too much.

Sign Castillo to a 5 year - 130 extension or JV to a 3/110. Better yet both.
    2023 rotation:
    Castillo/LMJ/Framber/Javier/Brown. Hopefully JV- if not him then you obviously have money to spend to replace him.
    Emergency in AAA- Bielak, Solomon
    Dreaming and hoping on- Whitley.

10. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

We have a ton of high leverage guys already and in the playoffs you will add 2 of Javier/Garcia/LMJ/Urquidy. And, I absolutely believe Brown is knocking on the door and they will get his feet wet. And, that’s with non rostering Odo. We aren’t going to lose bc we aren’t all star quality on the 11th and 12th arms on the roster but we damn sure will if we don’t hit. Every series we’ve lost in the playoffs since 2017 is because we didn’t hit enough/got shut down. You cannot hope and pray Brantley comes back to what he was before his injury, and even if he does you still have C, 1B, CF that’s below average. Bat bat bat. We need at least
    2 Bats. Nothing else. Unless you want to bring in an ace.

11. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Yes

12. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

I'm fantasizing about Goldschmidt at 1B. But Soto AND Bell in the OF and 1B is also pretty fantastic. But honestly, Bell from the Nats and extending JV would make me SMILE. Extending Tucker would make me ecstatic.

13. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

Goldschmidt?

Aren't the Cards half a game out of the division?

14. HeyBudLetsParty

I don’t understand why he needed to be so matter a fact about it. I doubt Keith Law predicted Framber, Garcia, Javier would be starters either tho.

15. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I think they probably go for a replacement for Yuli.

Altuve
    Tucker
    Bregman
    Alvarez
    Pena
    Brantley
    Meyers
    Bell
    Maldy

Oh boy,

Who is ready for war?

16. SKYGODZ187

SKYGODZ187 Member

i doubt Bell would be batting that low

17. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Agree completely

18. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

Keith law sucks donkey balls. He’s pretty much wrong about all things Astros.

19. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

Mets just traded for Vogelbach- who had a solid first half for Pittsburgh. I wonder if that takes them out of the Bell sweepstakes.

Apparently the Mets sent a P- Holderman who has 6 years of control. Seems like a steep price

Wulaw Horn likes this.
  20. cardpire

cardpire Member

and he's only using that tone because of 1 inning in the futures game. yes he may have thought that anyway, but no way he talks with that much certainty if he came in and mowed down the side the other night

HeyBudLetsParty likes this.