1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

[2022 NBA Draft/1-17] Tari Eason, F, LSU

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jun 23, 2022.

?

Do you like the selection of Tari Eason?

Poll closed Jun 23, 2023.
  1. YES

99.1%
  2. NO

0.9%
  1. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

It's because Jabari is very disciplined and intentional when playing D. Eason is a hyena; an opportunistic scavenger reacting to windows of weakness while circling his prey.

2. Ghost5Horse6

Ghost5Horse6 Member

Tari really need to work on his left hand layups. It's even worse than what the scout reports said. Those easy misses could cost him 4-5 points per game.

3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Has nothing to do with who was 1st team, I was talking about the overall skill set.

I am enjoying the process I don't know what I have said that would make you think otherwise, just because I am critically looking at each player that means I am not enjoying the process?

I do have a ****ing grip and that grip is looking at things realistically I don't know why that's an issue why can't I do that?

I am not claiming Smith is a scrub or will not develop parts of his game I am just commenting on what I am seeing.

It's a fact that sometimes NBA players don't improve why should I just ignore that fact?

peleincubus likes this.
  4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Cool. You keep incessantly/repeatedly, pessimistically, and negativity “looking at things critically” and carry on. I guess let’s just say you and I enjoy things in a different way.

5. Milos

Milos Member

So true
    He's not 'glass half empty' ... more like glass with a few drops of buebonic plague left

Reminds me of that old Debbie Downer sketch on SNL
    WOMP-WOOOOOOMP

Can you let the rest of us enjoy a rebuild that is moving along in the right direction?
    The scoreched earth, always worst case scenario shtick is such a comedown thread after week after month after year

6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yeah, we do look at things differently because you think what I said was a negative when I was not looking to knock Smith at all.

I'm a glass half full guy and I'm usually happy to have anything in the glass instead of b****ing that it's not full, I deal with what life brings me and don't sugar coat things.

I look at the Rockets with an idea of what is needed to be a contender again and I look at every player with how they will fit in that rebuild, so yeah I am going to look at them critically, with Smith I am looking at him going into a 2nd contract and what I would want him to be on a near max deal.

I don't really have any favorite players, anybody on this roster could be traded tomorrow if we got better assets and I would not complain, my current favorite guy on the Rockets is Sengun and I still have real questions on what he can become.

I have no issue with actual debate but I loath when just because I ask a question or point something out I have to be a hater or I just don't like a guy, we used to be better than that in here.

This is not about I told you so, the same questions I have always had about Smith were magnified in SL and at this moment I still think he was the right pick.

7. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

What did I say that would make you think I think the glass has a few drops?

So just because I don't go around farting out rainbows and lollipops about all are players I'm a Debbie Downer?

Why can't you enjoy this rebuild because of what I post?

Have I ever questioned how this rebuild is going?

That sounds like a you problem and not me problem.

8. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Just put him on ignore. That's what I did and as a result, the quality of CF have shot up for me. :)

peleincubus likes this.
  9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Lol no. I like Jiggy always have liked his posts overall. I’m just trying to get him to cool it a bit.

10. Milos

Milos Member

I actually think you have a lot to contribute and enjoy many of your posts

It's just the fatalistic redundancy that gets to me

Sometimes I imagine you walking around the delivery ward at a hospital offering unsolicited takes to joyful new parents about the threat of SIDS

11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Redundancy?

So having an opinion is now redundancy?

What about my opinion is fatalistic?

You act like I,m out here claiming Smith is a bum over and over again.

Me saying he has a limited offensive game is akin to talking to parents about the possibilities of SIDS?

Da ****?

Take a chill pill, my guy.

12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I know I can be a bit much at times I just did not see that with Smith.

But I guess I can understand, we are still in the shiny new toy aspect and nobody wants to think anything negative.

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Drift Monkey and D-rock like this.
  14. MystikArkitect

Since a year ago a lot of the CF experience has been seeing decent posters arguing with invisible people.

15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

lol. This is so true. I'm not even sure I give much of a flip about summer league results. I'm waiting until the preseason or regular season to see what most of these guys can/can't do. The summer league is pure entertainment to bridge the gap until real games start being played and just another way for the NBA to make a litlte bit of money. I accept it for what it is and don't really care about how people are ranked at this point.

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Doesn't mean much in greater scheme of things but I'm stoked anyway for Tari.

17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Finally watched that video and he got a bit of a bag and I concur he is special he was giving me some Draymond vibes.

Drift Monkey and Hakeemtheking like this.
  18. MystikArkitect

I'm predicting a Sengun-like rookie season from Tari. Flashes of (defensive) potential, middling to bad outside shooting and foul trouble will keep him glued to the bench at times. I'd temper expectations out of him similar to Garuba. The NBA is a totally different game. Jabari is ready for it, not sure if Eason quite is yet. It wouldn't surprise me for him to see some Summer League duty.

19. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

Haha!

It's a lot better than it used to be where you'd have someone on Ignore but then see all their quoted posts and created threads that were blowing up...and get curious and inevitably unblock them before quickly remembering why you had them on ignore.

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

If Orlando saw that video, they would have drafted Eason #1 instead. :D

Deckard, Shark44 and D-rock like this.