1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tilman Fertitta: Finally an owner who cares

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Salvy, Aug 25, 2021.

1. Landry's Tooth

2. Landry's Tooth

And the 5-10% chance of winning is worth taking 5 times longer to rebuild?

How well did Chris Paul in the playoffs do this year?

3. mikenm268

mikenm268 Member

It’s my own fault, I clicked on the thread. I knew exactly what @Salvy was doing and I allowed myself to be triggered. Sigh, I’m disappointed in myself.

Salvy, you don’t have to necrobump your own thread and comment 14 times for people to understand you really, reeeeally like Tilman and literally think everything he’s done is ‘smart’ and ‘great’ and ‘actually not even cheap at all’. We understand you think everything bad that has happened or will happened to the Rockets since he’s owned the team is someone else’s fault. We already know, it’s the sole theme of basically 90% of your posts.

Do you work for Tilman? Are you his mom? Are you an oddly affectionate golfing buddy? Are you just trolling us with this constant schtick?

topfive and kubli9 like this.
  4. Salvy

Salvy Member

Trolling? Because I posted a news article about how the owner of The Rockets cares about this city? I'm sorry you hate Tilman so much that it triggers you to even see his name attached to a good deed...

tinman likes this.
  5. thekad

thekad Member

This kid’s really gotta get over the fact that his daddy systematically dismantled a 65 win team to a back-to-back 15 win team.

UTSA2step likes this.
  6. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

[​IMG]

I seriously have no love for any owner from any sports franchise in the history of watching sports. All owners are a bunch of rich pricks making move after move trying to get one over on another rich owner prick. Why does this set of fans on here, Clutchfans, talk about the owner so much? Like why? Why do ya'll care? That doesn't happen on Rockets twitter, Rockets reddit, Rockets instagram... but here we MUST DRAG DOWN OUR OWN TEAM because our owner is another prick in a fraternity of pricks! Woohoo! If it wasn't Tilman it would be another rich prick ya'll hate. Why not accept that ownership is for pricks, but Clutchfans is for fans of the team.

Players, coaches, general managers, Eli, Matt Bullard... why can't I find threads about Craig Ackerman and Cayleigh Griffin riding on a moped driven by Ryan Hollins. It's always Tilman ruined my life, Tilman was mean to me, Tilman does things I wish he didn't, Tilman only brushes his teeth for 1 minute, Tilman uses Dawn to wash his Mustang GT and never waxes.

I don't care if you hate him. If you do, great. I don't care if you love him, great. Can people please stop getting triggered by this man... please!!! I beg you. It makes this site so hard to read. Crying or rejoicing over Tilman rather than focusing on Jalen Green? WHY. Actually don't answer. I don't care. Honestly... they're literally all pricks. That's how they got the money to buy the team in the first place.

UTSA2step, Tfor3 and mikenm268 like this.
  7. clos4life

clos4life Member

Screw that, I'll never forget how he dismantled a championship contender team and front office in record time by forcing the Westbrook trade and other cost cutting moves. He was proud, boisterous and thought he knew better all while being a cheapskate right off the bat. Until he proves otherwise he has earned all the negative name calling the receives regarding the Rockets and his shady business practices.

UTSA2step, topfive and Imanimal like this.
  8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Knicks fans have hated Dolan for like 30 years
    But they still pack their arenas for a team that sucks

People might hate the corporate owners of Popeyes
    that doesn't stop them from eating the chicken

UTSA2step and Salvy like this.
  9. PeppermintCandy

He was pretty awful at first and probably closed the window of a contending team early.
    But ever since the Rockets began the rebuilding process, he seems to have stayed out of the way and let the people he hired do their job.

And fortunately, the guys he hired seem to know what they're doing. So far.

UTSA2step, mikenm268 and Dobbizzle like this.
  10. Salvy

Salvy Member

How many titles has Harden won since he left? Or CP3? Harden has played with Durant, Irving, Embiid and Maxey and still hasn't won anything.... Do you really believe not dismantling The Rockets sinking ship was going to net us a chip? When The Rockets are winning again hopefully you also don't forget how the team was built.

Tfor3 likes this.
  11. Salvy

Salvy Member

I get the hate for Dolan, that guy sucks but Knicks fans wish they had Tilman and Stone....

12. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Weirdo Folks with the Nonstop slobbering over tilman nuts. The only thing that man has done so far is dismantle a 65 win team into a promising rebuilding team that has the honor of being b2b shttiest team in the league.

Still waiting for the Training facitility that was promised/talked about = nonexistent.
    Talking about doing whatever it takes to win, proceeds to grab wall and cousins to help harden win (pfffft).

Like I mean if we somehow got back Into the play offs or play in like that's something worth praising tilman about. This process so far yield no actual achievements ain't it.

clos4life likes this.
  13. clos4life

clos4life Member

Trading for Westbrook and giving up CP3 and loads of picks was savvy huh? LOL!

14. Landry's Tooth

Were they?

They were a 53 win team when the dismantling happened.

So you have the oldest team in the league win 12 fewer games year over year and you think it was trending in the right direction?

Salvy likes this.
  15. Landry's Tooth

Uh 53 wins isn't a championship.

Tilman wasn't the majority owner in 1995...

16. Landry's Tooth

Again, you are a year off. They were a 53 win team who lost in the second round to a team that didn't even win the championship...

Oldest team in the nba wins 12 fewer games and you want to run it back?

clos4life likes this.
  17. Landry's Tooth

[QUOTE="DatRocketFan, post: 14184507, member: This process so far yield no actual achievements ain't it.[/QUOTE]

Kind of like Harden, Paul, and Westbrook...

18. thekad

thekad Member

Not even smart enough to Google when daddy Fertitta bought the Rockets. Incompetence really runs in the family.

clos4life likes this.
  19. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Tilman’s an idiot, but to his credit at least he is defending the good guys in a tweet versus LeBron who publicly posted the cop’s name and went off on him in a tweet when he shot a girl who was about to knife another girl in the face or even worse.

20. Landry's Tooth

He bought the team in 2017. The team was dismantled in 2019.

Do you know how numbers work?

Salvy likes this.