1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Durant requests a trade out of Brooklyn!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Spooner, Jun 30, 2022.

1. The geth & the reaper

Yeah that’s modern society for us. We live in a world where information is constant instant and ever changing so we make it part of our daily routine that it becomes an addiction or a habit always looking newer tidbits or newer pieces of information to fill that sense or progression that is severely lacking in our own personal life’s. The over saturation of this has made us impatient, and dependent for a fresh set of news to trigger that daily dopamine

2. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

You’re underestimating quite a bit. I think you’re right on the player part. They will get 1 good player, some ok players for matching, and 4 picks or 3 picks and a couple of swaps. I think he ends up in Phoenix for the package above plus 2 more picks. Golden State is also a possibility because Kuminga, Moody, Wiseman, and Wiggins plus 2 picks is kind of like getting 3 picks plus an all-star.

TheJuice likes this.
  3. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Durant for Porzingis and picks. Make it happen!

4. jch1911

jch1911 Member

I have been telling people in my circle (lots of friends in the DMV and I am proud Hoya) that Wiz make the most sense for him in terms of legacy and package.

If he can bring ship to DMV, lots of forgiveness from some of his biggest supporters / detractors

also Porzingis + Hachimura + Avdija with some picks ain't a horrible return (esp, if Hachimura gets back on track)

TheJuice likes this.
  5. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Then the Nets can just hold on to him. What’s the worst that can happen? Durant will pout and sit out games? I doubt he’s that stupid. But even if that happens, Nets can still trade Durant for… guess what, a poo poo platter plus picks. Not worse than what they’ll be getting now. In fact I’d venture to say they may get better offers as some teams become desperate as the season goes on.

#905 duluth111222, Jul 19, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2022
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

I think my trade to Hawks makes more sense and would be more attractive to both KD and the Nets.

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I hope they trade him for all picks and raw young players. They can get a top 10 pick this year because their swap is with the rockets (they young and raw toooo) Then they have their young guys with another year of experience, a top 10 pick, then you could trade your picks for a good player if you want to go for a quick rebuild.

I am just saying that selfishly though. Because i want them to miss the playoffs this season for the Rockets.

Corrosion, duluth111222 and D-rock like this.
  8. xaos

xaos Member

Amico has never been right on anything

Invisible Fan and D-rock like this.
  9. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Wait for Durant to come in wearing Harden's fat suit and complain that his groin hurts so he can't play.

The Nets have very little leverage here and the market is extremely limited - only to teams Durant would approve. (You could send him elsewhere but those teams would be foolish).

Trade him now or trade him later, the result will be the same - a poo poo platter and couple picks.

10. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

luckyman76 and clos4life like this.
  11. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

That’s the worst case scenario though. Now that Kyrie has signed the extension and seems to stay put, the chances of Durant staying and actually playing for them become more likely.

For them there’s no harm to wait.

TheJuice likes this.
  12. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

ATL makes a lot of sense.

TheJuice and D-rock like this.
  13. j@amc

j@amc Member

If Durant and Kyrie relent and end up tucking their tails beneath their legs to earn money for the Nets--when they want out--then every future player that would hold out loses.

They are getting terrible advice from their agents if they ever play for the Nets again. Just wait a couple of months and when training camp opens, let it slip that you're not coming to camp.

Then the mega-offers that the Nets let pass will dry up. They'll be fortunate to get anything respectable.

This is business and Durant and Kyrie owe no favors to the Nets front office.

14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

The prospect of the Nets Big Three all sitting for non-injury reasons is a Big Problem for the league.

Brooklyn might be Clippers East (Knicks still pathetic lol), but it's still New York, and I doubt having divas who don't honor their contract will play well with fans.

If I were the owner, I'd just sit them and let them and their agents hold their breaths and take the PR hit. They've been a pushover for 3 years, and now those bozos are bored and want to move on.

Radioactive.

15. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

Thats what I think. Especially since they want to trade Collins

16. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Word on the street is KD requested the trade to actually force Nets to get rid of Kyrie. LOL. Dramas, dramas, endless dramas!

jch1911 likes this.
  17. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Did you just break some news on here?

18. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I don't buy Kyrie signing an extension changing Durant's mind - I think he wanted out to get away from that idiot.

jch1911 likes this.
  19. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

If the Nets want to hold on to him then - Durant just needs to dog it a couple of games and then reiterate his desires at the end of every post conference- ala Fat Harden. The Nets would have to trade him rather than see that train wreck play out…