1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We ALL know Tate is but

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hlmbasketball, Jul 18, 2022.

1. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Jaesean Tate is going to take minutes away from Tari Eason and it is going to be very frustrating to watch. Stephen Silas is a Terrible Leader which hurts the Team.

Tari Eason is a Real 6'8 Small Forward, Tate is a 6'4 Shooting Guard playing Out of Position.

2. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

I don't think so. The general opinion is overwhelmingly positive, you can even see is in this thread. The group against him is very vocal though. I don't waste my time to argue with them, because it is mostly a personal preference and/or a lack of understanding of how the game evolved, what types of players are more valueable etc.

If you drafted Sengun and wish you could start someone else rather than enjoy his game, take your chance to see whether he takes his game to the next level, there is really not much I can do for you.

3. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Tate has the wingspan and defensive chops to play SF, he just can’t shoot. If he develops a 3 pt shot his best position is SF, but I would definitely agree he needs to come off the bench. He won’t to start the year, that’s a given. I’m pretty sure Eason will get between 15-20 mins to start the season. That’s at least better than the Sengun treatment. Eason should start at some point in the second half if unless Tate fools us all and progresses a great deal at shooting and moving the ball. He was a black hole last year.

maj21 likes this.
  4. bmelo

bmelo Member

Ask yourself this how do you sit potential Pau Gasol (Sengun) but put all your hopes in probable Jr Smith (KPJ)

5. bmelo

bmelo Member

Tate is at his max probably already, he doesn't have a high enough culture of highly organized basketball. Physical player that every team needs but not a guy you start writing your starting5 with

beardsanity713 likes this.
  6. i3artow i3aller

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

This board loves Sengun.

Start Sengun!
    Play Sengun more minutes!
    Feed Sengun!
    Play through Sengun!
    Sengun is the next Jokic!
    Sengun is part of the core untouchables with Jalen! (and now Jabari)
    Can’t draft Paolo! He doesn’t fit with Sengun!

#47 J.R., Jul 19, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2022
  8. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

He ain’t no unicorn, but his awareness will increase dramatically from last to this year. The chemistry will improve overall adding to his success. It’s a team game and it depends on how he adjusts.

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

10. D-rock

D-rock Member